my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » is Headbangers Ball quite possibly the DUMBEST show on tv?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is Headbangers Ball quite possibly the DUMBEST show on tv?
Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted February 20, 2005 10:15     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well of course back in the day like many others I used to occasionally put on the old H. Ball and watch the upcoming vids, etc. Well last night I was flipping through the channels and saw the new show on. Now I never seen this before and didn't even know their was a new show. Well anyway, im watching and every video they play sounds the same as the next. All these bands have that stupid CHUGGA CHUGGA Hatebreed style with those VERY retarted breakdowns. Or then its those fuckin bands with the members all having the black hair parted over their face. And they sound melodic like backstreet boys, then go into some fit screaming crap. IS THIS METAL nowadays? Jesus Christ, this is got to be the sadest state of metal in ALONG time. People always tell me im crazy for not liking any new bands and only listening to ''80's'' metal. But if music is gonna suck as much as it does now. Im sticking to my classics.
 |  IP: Logged
The Crippler
VoivodFan
Member # 537

posted February 20, 2005 13:33     Profile for The Crippler   Email The Crippler     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new HB sucks like a $2 crack ho, it's awful. Put Rikki Rachtman back on and restore the HB back to it's former glory.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 20, 2005 13:51     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, it sucks worse than anything. MTV is the best at ruining anything remotely cool, guaranteed!

I recorded last night's episode for the new Kreator video and was saddened by alll the crap flashing over the screen during the videos... rendering even the o-so-rare decent music video worthless.

Funny Blurrhog, I too am always wondering who the hell these bands are on this show and if it is possible to suck any worse...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 20, 2005 13:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They make alot of mistakes too, the fucking idiots....Don't play the right video and stuff, and well everything is a mistake now that I think of it

Hey X-D, is your email not working?? BTW lol

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 20, 2005 14:39     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Nuc Infusion, actually, it wasn't until a few days ago, heheh. Shootin' ya back.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted February 20, 2005 19:59     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess anything sounding remotely 'cool' to kids these days are LEGENDS or something in heavy metal. Pffft pathetic.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 21, 2005 02:37     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes.

Next!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 21, 2005 10:45     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone in the Uk remember Raw Power?
Why don't we have anything like this any more?? This & the friday rock show got me into many new/underground bands. There is nothing un-commercial any more.
Watched a bit of the Kerrang channel, & upset to see how little metal they play.
Always stuff everyone's heard already.

--------------------

String em up

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted February 24, 2005 15:33     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, they advertised Slayer was gonna be appearing.

Then when they asked Kerry he said
"No, cause you suck."

Jamey Jasta was pissed.

Kerry King rules.

The Crippler
VoivodFan
Member # 537

posted February 24, 2005 19:35     Profile for The Crippler   Email The Crippler     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metal Mania on VH-1 Classic destroys the HB. Sure they play mostly cock rock vids on MM but they also throw in a few heavy metal and thrash vids into the mix on each episode.
Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted February 24, 2005 22:54     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Metal Mania on VH-1 Classic destroys the HB. Sure they play mostly cock rock vids on MM but they also throw in a few heavy metal and thrash vids into the mix on each episode.

Thats VERY VERY true. I always catch myself watching Metal Mania just because they actually play METAL. Mtv wants nothing but sucess and money and don't really even give a shit about music. They suck and always will!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 25, 2005 07:25     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, there's always metalinjection.net...perhaps not always that cool, but some episodes are great and it's a nice channel for catching new bands. #211 has live Mastodon and a cool video from a band I didn't know before, Burst.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted February 25, 2005 12:57     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well okay that's not an exact quote, but something to that effect.
thrashbeast
VoivodFan
Member # 542

posted March 04, 2005 18:43     Profile for thrashbeast   Email thrashbeast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, I cannot agree with you more on that. nowadays HH=hardcore videos. Occasionally the'll throw in an anthrax or maiden vid on to the show, but for the most part it's nothing but some pussy ass bands playing. I'm 18 and really wanted to live the "80s metal" era so bad. Man those must have been some good times. 80s Metal.. that puts a smile on my face each time I think of it.
thrashbeast
VoivodFan
Member # 542

posted March 04, 2005 19:05     Profile for thrashbeast   Email thrashbeast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh God...VH1 classic's Metal Mania is LIFE!, I went to my aunt house awhile back and i was watching tv and flipped threw the channels and there it was... METAL MANIA, my balls literally blew off. I was watching old school helloween, motorhead, maiden, and motley crue videos. Man I really wish I had that channel, I would seriously never leave the house. Too bad it doesn't come with the dish package we have. The closest thing to metal I get is Fuse "URANIUM", it's the same shit as HH but uranium has the slight edge over HH, just because I think HH is a joke.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan