my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tangento!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tangento!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 19, 2005 19:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just had a look round your site, it's brilliant!
Where did the VV sculpture come from, did you make it?

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 20, 2005 14:40     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, the VV sculpture was... damn, I wanted to give credit to the guy who found it for me, (and superimposed the VV logo on there) but he said no. Now I can't remember who it was! I'm sure someone here can help me out, but I believe the structure is found somewhere in Canada.

Thanks, glad you liked the site. I just moved to a better server, and increased the space to 500 MB. (I have some big plans on the way)

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 20, 2005 14:44     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

...anyone remember this?

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 20, 2005 15:10     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...It's from the MCA release-only of Nothingface, right?

I'm sure Maldo will patch things up tomorrow

Good news about upgrading your site, Tango!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 20, 2005 15:19     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I vaguely remember from years ago that there used to be a link from one of the VV sites, to a website of "Voivod-influenced furniture".. wot happened to that one? Anyone here responsible?

--------------------

String em up

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 20, 2005 16:43     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Furniture?! You got a plate-steel arse, lady?

Give me a nice comfy chair anyday. I don't care how unmetal that makes me.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 20, 2005 17:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember that thread and those images of the metal sculptures and I remember them being from somewhere in Canada, also, but can't think of the exact location. That thread had a bunch of other cool sculptures and buidings linked to it also, if my brain serves me right.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 20, 2005 18:12     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that thread was on the .net site. I'd look for it but Yuri disabled the search function...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 21, 2005 08:49     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
I'm sure Maldo will patch things up tomorrow

Make way, make way! Here I am!

So, this sculpture is in Montreal, actually (duh!). It's in the Old Port, where Voivod used to rehearse (nia or blacky could tell us further about that).

Here's a little link about it: CLICK-A-DI-CLICK!

Actually, check out that whole website about sculptures in Montréal, it's nice.

This sculpture was ordered by the ministère des Transports (Quebec's Department of Transportations), ha!, that's where I work!

"Elle se retrouve maintenant toute seule et un peu triste, comme une vieille demoiselle un peu sèche et austère, portant des vêtements de deuil, des plus sombres et des plus modestes."

"She (the sculpture, or "it") now finds her/itself alone and a bit sad, like an old demoiselle a bit dried and gloomy, wearing mourning clothes, dark and modest." (approximate translation by me)

Here is the artist, Robert Roussil:

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 21, 2005 10:18     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx for that Mal! I guess Away got some inspiration from looking at that one !! Beautiful.
Still can't understand French I'm afraid, studied it for 5 years at school & still can't speak it! Languages never been my strong point, ha. Thanx for the translation.

--------------------

String em up

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 04, 2005 00:55     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I knew it was the Mal-man. Thanks bro, I won't forget next time.
(damn fucking Nutra-Sweet was the biggest mistake of my life)

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2005 09:09     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Damn, I knew it was the Mal-man. Thanks bro, I won't forget next time.
(damn fucking Nutra-Sweet was the biggest mistake of my life)

Actually, it wasn't me. I discovered this sculpture on YOUR site. Well, I discovered it in the Nothingface sleeve actually, but didn't know at the time it was a sculpture in Montréal. I thought it was some prop they used for the pic...

Just thank me for the quick Googling...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan