my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Somewhere something has happened (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Somewhere something has happened
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted March 09, 2005 02:01     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess it comes down to the same old scenario for 80s Voivod fans with high expectations. We're all just waiting for them to produce another KT, Hatross or Nothingface.
Those albums for many of us epitomise the Voivod sound and ethos. That period in time was when the band seemed to be the most focused in the way they crafted their albums.
Perhaps creatively they were at their peak - It's a pretty mean task to follow up a masterpiece like Nothingface, and I think the closest they got was with Phobos after that initial era. There are highlights on all post 80s albums, but as a whole they never seemed to gel as well.

Anyway, It's easy to sit back and be judgemental as a fan - but well, that's kinda what fans do
We love em, warts and all tho hehe

This topic has pretty much been dreailed too :P
Yes, more touring! - I suspect they will never reach New Zealand tho, but I hope the European fans get a break

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 09, 2005 07:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with ya, Hatross, about VV making music for THEMSELVES which I think is great and the most important thing for them. That's what I especially thought about the last album. They went in, had fun, jammed, wrote some cool tunes, which to us was a departure from what most expected VV to sound like, but I would bet that they had more fun making that album than they had in a long long time, and I think it's what they needed.

I like it and still play it a lot. As usual I'm in the minority here, but I usually end up liking the majorities least favorite album in most bands discographies.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 10, 2005 07:44     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
you really think they want our sucky ass opinions changing the way they make music? and believe me our opinions suck ... ... i suspect VV does read here and mabye even posts sometimes, but its like this little game you gotta figure out who they are

yeah honest opinions always suck!!

hmm, the clues are all there aren't they, obviously Syl Disjonk is Away, & judging by that huge plate of sausages a while back, Luna is really Piggy... I am St Jason ..I mean, fuck it, I've been rumbled anyway.. Snake ?? any suggestions?? Mezcalhead?

I still listen to the last album anyway, I don't dislike it.

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 10, 2005 07:51     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
Anyway, It's easy to sit back and be judgemental as a fan - but well, that's kinda what fans do [QUOTE]

I'm sure we all get judged in return

[QUOTE]We love em, warts and all tho hehe[QUOTE]

Watch out, you could spend a lifetime being punished for a remark like that

[QUOTE] This topic has pretty much been dreailed too :P
Yes, more touring! - I suspect they will never reach New Zealand tho, but I hope the European fans get a break

Karma?? Jus' kidding!!!!! - no such thing

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 10, 2005 11:03     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
hmm, the clues are all there aren't they, obviously Syl Disjonk is Away, & judging by that huge plate of sausages a while back, Luna is really Piggy... I am St Jason ..I mean, fuck it, I've been rumbled anyway.. Snake ?? any suggestions?? Mezcalhead?

Head Villain, as a newbie, I think you haven't been warned of all the celebrities that are on the VVF forum.

Please note that Warcorpse is actually Cronos from Venom (so avoid badmouthing them), that Slaytanic is actually Tom Araya from Slayer (although he'll make you believe he's a brazilian Richard Marx fan) and that the person known as Blacky isn't the Blacky from Voivod, but Blacky Lawless from WASP. You know Lawless, he's doing that only to get attention.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 10, 2005 11:12     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ROFL.. @ Villain !

btw: apology schroed, did'nt mean to use your txt as a quote there so i removed it.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 10, 2005 11:28     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wot's rofl??
????eh???
Something rude probably.

quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
[imo] VV has always made the music for 'themselves' first off, the day that changes and they start tailoring (even to the hardest core fans) is the day they truely sell out.

Yeah fair enough, it is good that they can do this!
I draw stuff I want to draw then, I get told, can I draw some butterflies & fairies instead please because that's what the public wants.
I am reduced to selling out, old whorebag that I am, & it does suck a bit.

Notice how less bitchy I am being since seeing that pic of Away in his shorts wahay come to mama!!!!

--------------------

String em up

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 10, 2005 11:46     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
rofl = "Rolling On Floor Laughing" ok so i forgot the T

quote:
I get told, can I draw some butterflies & fairies instead please because that's what the public wants

i see where your coming from tho...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 15, 2005 18:17     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, can't complain though, I like my job & most people don't. But I have to careful accusing others of selling out, when they can just as well say the same about me!

quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
There's also their complete ignorance or laziness about using the web as a tool to connect with their fan base. Seen an Away post lately?

I very much doubt this makes any difference to album sales. If it did, I am certain they would bother to post here sometimes. Even if only to tell us our opinions suck & we are a bunch of nobodies blah etc & to stop bloody whingeing we suck etc etc we're all so bad childish crap blah etc & should be all tarred with the sme brush, cunts that we are etc etc.

It is really cool that Eric & Blacky can still be bothered with us though, thanks guys!!!!! You rule!!!

--------------------

String em up

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 15, 2005 19:27     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
yeah, can't complain though, I like my job & most people don't. But I have to careful accusing others of selling out

ok just so there is no confusion on my words there, it was quite the opposite if you precieved it wrong?
i was totally defending the VOD there by saying they have (not) sold out and I know they never will.

rrROOOAAARRrr !

btw: HV i tell you i would love to see some Flash art in the voivod spirit on your site, i would snag it all.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 15, 2005 21:31     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanx!! have to be careful putting my flash on cos I'm trying to sell it so would have to have watermark across it, & right-click disabled, etc unfortunately tattooists always steal flash from websites, that's why it's only just large enough to be viewable on my site. I would rather have put bigger pictures on, but there's always some way these fuckers wil thieve it!!
I see what you meant! I can accuse them of selling out, but they could always say the same about me, trying to pander to the demands of the public!
If I was in a band & my millionaire best mate wanted to join, I wouldn't say no either!!!so there!!
still prefer Phobos though
& it goes without saying, I can't wait to hear the next album, I reckon it will be loads better!

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan