my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » BLACKFIELD tour ! ! !

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BLACKFIELD tour ! ! !
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 11, 2005 07:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BLACKFIELD the band featuring Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree and Aviv Geffen (Israeli pop star) will be doing a very quick mini tour of the states to promote the domestic release of the self titled cd. If you get a chance to go to one of these gigs.... DO IT ! ! !

Steve Wilson will apparently be opening with an acoustic set, which is always a pleasure, and the band will perform their entire cd + a few extras. This will be a rare oppurtunity to catch this amazing group. I'll be headed to the Philadelphia show and the DC show, hope to see some of ya there.

9th March - Boston, Middle East Club
10th March - NYC, Canal Room
12th March - Philadelphia, Grape Street Pub (early show 7.30pm start)
14th March - Washington DC (Arlington), Iota Club
LA show to be confirmed.

BLACKFIELD SITEwill have more info on the band and samples and downloads.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 11, 2005 09:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just about drove off the road last night listening to the radio. They had a battle of the bands with some nu-crap going up against the new single from PORCUPINE TREE. Of course I called in for the Tree. Don't know who won. How the hell did they get a song on a mainstream rock station is what I want to know? And no, I didn't stick around to see who won.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2005 10:21     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awww, c'mon Sir Mez. I don't believe I've ever heard the Tree played on a radio station here. Fuck, is it hot in here this morning...um. right.

I'm damn sad I'll be missing that Blackfield DC show by a couple of days!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 14, 2005 09:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!! It's great to see the TREE getting some support on radio. I know college stations have been playing the new song SHALLOW, but it's cool to know that other stations are spinning it as well. Shallow is a good song for radio here in the states although it doesn't really reveal the true magic of PORCUPINE TREE. Hopefully it will get new fans and then they'll be completly floored when they buy the new cd DEADWING or pick up IN ABSENTIA. The band has way more going on than what SHALLOW has to offer, but it's still a cool catchy tune.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan