my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Greatest misheard lyrics (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: Greatest misheard lyrics
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 07, 2005 12:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While listening to Satyricon's Suffering the Tyrants earlier (Volcano) I quite clearly heard Satyr announce that he is "Stuck in the toilets".
Also on Maiden's Seventh Son album, I was deeply disturbed to hear the following lyrics-
There's a time to live, there's a time to die
Well it's time to beat your bacon...

...& there's more.
Where I used to work, we often had Radio 2 inflicted upon us. .That shit song Every Breath you take (either Sting or The Police don't know don't care) was played about 10 times a day. However, hearing the immortal line "Oh my poo-hole aches" always brought a smile to my tortured ears.

As they say in Viz, Can any of your readers beat that???!

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 07, 2005 12:33     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some Voivod-related ones:

"Facing Up! May peanut!"

and the classic

"Why do I dream of guys?" from that song on Angel Rat.

And on a Judas Priest related note:

"Chutney's all around!" (in the bridge of Metal Meltdown)

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted February 07, 2005 12:33     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jimi Hendrixes Purple Haze - "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" kind of sounds like, "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"
And some silly song by Type O, he says, "Corpus Christi" but it actully sounds like hes saying, "Oh pussy stain", pardon the crudeness.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 07, 2005 12:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haahahahaha! Name that tune-

"Dog turds
Free from toss"

(clue.. it's on Phobos)

--------------------

String em up

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 07, 2005 12:58     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, one of my all time favorits is "Hobo" from the second Lucifer's Friend album "Where The Groupies Killed The Blues".

Lawton sings the line "I'm a hobo, hobo on the run, hobo, hobo on the run..." over and over in this tune which obviously sounds like he's saying "I'm a homo on the run", over and over. Triggers my 4th grade sense of humor everytime, very funny! Good album too.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 07, 2005 13:32     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Old one:

CHUG CHUG CHUR

DER-DER DER DEEER

uh...Chopped in half
Feel the blood spill from your
mahf
With rotting ways comes destiny
Feel the salt in Satan's orange
pleeeeeeease

CHUG CHUG CHUR

(ice cream van solo)

I pretty much misheard every single lyric on Dimmension Hatross - only found out when I got the words recently. Yes, he really is saying 'who's dog?'.

So...The Voivod uses 'powerful magnets' and gets protons to meet antiprotons at the speed of light to create: Dimmension Hatross!! In he goes, and by the second song finds a wayward puppy who's home he must find in time for Side Two.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 07, 2005 15:57     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i was suprised when i found out he was saying [whos dog] i though snake was singing the same line [whos god] just with a different tone. that was a big part of the fun back in the day with the voivod lyrics. im still suprised alot because i did the 'not peek at the lyrics' when i got the last release too and the guys are still packing much double enders to the lyrics, {i forgot the french word for it}

[led venture] thru me for a spin too, as did a ton of voivod lyrics.

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted February 08, 2005 00:57     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the Police's Message In A Bottle
"A year has passed since I broke my nose"

In Rush's Bastille Day
"Asshole bread, let them eat cake"

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted February 08, 2005 01:24     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Revved up like a douche'

Bruce Springsteen, 'Blinded By The Light'

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted February 08, 2005 09:15     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Heimdall:
[QB]In the Police's Message In A Bottle

Also by the Police, "Walking On The Moon", the first line sounds like, "Giant shits are what you take, walking on the moon"

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted February 08, 2005 10:13     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well the best for this kind of lyrics misinterpretation is surely MAGMA, as they sing in Kobaian (their own language) you can hear a lot of surprising things , just try it !

--------------------

My sky is black today

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 08, 2005 10:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:
In the Police's Message In A Bottle

Don't you mean the song Massage in a Brothel? Teeheeeee

Also Robbie Williams - at the start of Angels:
"I sit & wank..."

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 08, 2005 11:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod, Brain Scan:

"Knowing what's inside of me, sodomy, sodomy, sodomy"

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 08, 2005 12:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about this one:

better watch out for the skindeep could be heard as:
"Better watch out for that chimney" ?!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted February 08, 2005 23:22     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My wife misheard Clapton's song "Cocaine":

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright...OK"

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 09, 2005 10:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luna, remember our friend, oh we'll call her....umm, Mary Ann...who thought Rob Halford was singing "Gusto" when in actuality he was singing "Bloodstone"?

And although they did it on purpose, remember that old Baillo's(?) commercial in ABQ?

"Yeah, there's a bathroom on the right" instead of "There's a bad moon on the rise"? That always cracked me up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 09, 2005 11:19     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadeth - Devil's Island
"Yellow salad!
Yellow salad!"

--------------------

String em up

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 11, 2005 02:14     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Luna, remember our friend, oh we'll call her....umm, Mary Ann...who thought Rob Halford was singing "Gusto" when in actuality he was singing "Bloodstone"?

And although they did it on purpose, remember that old Baillo's(?) commercial in ABQ?

"Yeah, there's a bathroom on the right" instead of "There's a bad moon on the rise"? That always cracked me up

"Gusto"!
I thought he was saying "Blaster"!

Back to the Blinded By the Light tune. I heard it this way: "Wrapped up like a douche and a Roman in the night."

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

The Crippler
VoivodFan
Member # 537

posted February 11, 2005 02:21     Profile for The Crippler   Email The Crippler     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CCR - Bad Moon Rising "There's a bathroom on the right"
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2005 09:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Luna, remember our friend, oh we'll call her....umm, Mary Ann...

Nice.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 11, 2005 10:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone thinking of acquiring an exotic pet should heed the following advice from Summoning:

"A wandering frog is so hard to feed"

(Our Foes Shall Fall)

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 11, 2005 11:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As a french speaking person, misheard lyrics in english songs are quite common.

My favorite one is at the end of Def Leppard's Foolin:

Ah, ah, foolin' myself sounds like:
Ah, ah, fourrer Marcel (Ah, ah, fucking Marcel)

Also, the end of AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill has Brian yelling:

Shoot ya! Shoot ya! which sounds like:
Je viens! Je viens! (I'm coming! I'm coming!)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 11, 2005 12:03     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
As a french speaking person, misheard lyrics in english songs are quite common.

My favorite one is at the end of Def Leppard's Foolin:

Ah, ah, foolin' myself sounds like:
Ah, ah, fourrer Marcel (Ah, ah, fucking Marcel)

Also, the end of AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill has Brian yelling:

Shoot ya! Shoot ya! which sounds like:
Je viens! Je viens! (I'm coming! I'm coming!)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Oh and there's plenty more:

ADRENALIN O.D. - Clean and Jerk
"Stupid jocks they smell like sweat" repeatedly sounds like "Stupid qu'est-ce tu fait à soir?" (stupid what are you doing tonight?)

DEICIDE - Dead By Dawn
"Dead by dawn!!" (chorus)
"T'es content!" (you're happy!)

METALLICA - The Unforgiven
"New blood joins this earth and quickly he's subdued"
"Nous fesons des oeufs et cuit cuit ils sont durs" (we're making eggs and cook cook they are hard)

There's more but i forget... i think there's a Nuclear Assault song on teh Brain Death ep (Demolition i think) which sounds like it says "Mwé j'une guitare, a l'a six cordes, si j'pete une corde, y'm reste cinq corde" (I got a guitar, it's got 6 strings, if i pop a string, i now have 5)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 11, 2005 12:08     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of Metallica, in Creeping Death it sounds like he says "Dye, dye my hair"

--------------------

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted February 11, 2005 23:43     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In Sepultura's "Nomad" right after the breakdown with noises of people merrily chatting, the voice fades back in, saying
"Echoes in the ancient tribes..."
I can't help but laugh when I hear
"M'a t'casser 'es dents!" (I'll break your teeth)

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan