my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » RanDUMB Voivod Thoughts

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RanDUMB Voivod Thoughts
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 03, 2005 12:17     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, this is a Voivod site and this story has nothing to do with them, but I'll share anyway because the following quote made me think of Voivod....and the last quote of the article just kills me....so there!

"Initially, there were 30, then it started spreading like cockroaches,"

I say...Eat them....one by one!

....okay, I'm hungover and bored at work

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 03, 2005 12:27     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Girls lost their cell phones. Keys got lost. It's something I will never forget."

hahaha!

And for Hypergrrl......

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 03, 2005 12:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Okay, this is a Voivod site and this story has nothing to do with them, but I'll share anyway because the following quote made me think of Voivod....and the last quote of the article just kills me....so there!

"Initially, there were 30, then it started spreading like cockroaches,"

I say...Eat them....one by one!

....okay, I'm hungover and bored at work

and a bit peckish by the sounds of it

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 03, 2005 14:24     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very funny #6....and unfortunatley (or is it fortunately?) I do have PLENTY of time to drink....

I never stay out drinking on work nights.

Damn that cute boy

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 03, 2005 14:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I never stay out drinking on work nights.

Damn that cute boy

I was about to say...since when is hypergrrrlllll hungover on a, *gasp!*, workday?!?

What cute boy?? Did you get my email about SF yet?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 03, 2005 16:01     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
"Girls lost their cell phones. Keys got lost. It's something I will never forget."

And, like, I lost my cell phone, and I was all, like, far out! And, like, you know, my cell phone was gone, i was totally freaking out, like, I'm suuuure!

And I was all like

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 03, 2005 17:00     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh...Pratville!

Gonna go there and adopt me some 6-fingered kids.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 04, 2005 10:39     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw the video footage of this last night. What a bunch of losers. Fists and chairs were flying and there were two male teenagers just dancing and smiling doing their hip-hop-bobbing-hands-in-the-air thing as chaos ensued around them.

Oh, and some cheerleader lost her cell phone and keys! This is something I'll never forget.

Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, that reminds me of when I was doing the Voivod-head-banging-neck-wrenching-body-thrashing-fist-pumping-in-the-air thing when Voivod played "Ravenous Medicine" and chaos ensued around me in 1990

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 14, 2005 19:20     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This Day In History

Luna & slugbutt: 15 years ago today, on February 14, 1990, we saw Voivod for the first time in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Warcorpse, I see that it still has Voivod in Chicago on this date in 1990 in the "tour date" section.

Just another reminder....maybe I should just send you an e-mail, huh?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 14, 2005 20:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Miss Hypergrrl!
Thanks for the reminder! Perhaps we should post the flyer for that show! Look! I love to use the !exclamation!point! [i'm a nerd].

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 16, 2005 00:58     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ah yes, HS sports riots. It happened here in a basketball game between Bernalillo and Grants, boys game this time. The girls already played and were very close to fighting as well. These two sorry excuses for towns don't like one another and this happens every year.

Sis, stop getting blasted on a skool night and leave the 'boys' alone.

Other sis, have fun in SF.

I really don't like the song Cockroaches, btw.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 16, 2005 13:08     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
This Day In History

Luna & slugbutt: 15 years ago today, on February 14, 1990, we saw Voivod for the first time in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Warcorpse, I see that it still has Voivod in Chicago on this date in 1990 in the "tour date" section.

Just another reminder....maybe I should just send you an e-mail, huh?

Grrrr. You lot must be really, really old, hahahahaaa. First time I saw them was on Outer Limits tour. And i remember very little about it!!!

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 16, 2005 14:47     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Grrrr. You lot must be really, really old, hahahahaaa. First time I saw them was on Outer Limits tour. And i remember very little about it!!!

Okay, now you have three old geezers to contend with! By the way, I'm the "baby" so I'm not as old as my siblings

I remember all of it. I wasn't 21 yet and shouldn't have been drinking, but I did get kicked off the Soundgarden bus by their manager for drinking and being underage

By the way, I'm going to SF too! Where are the Voivod fans in the Bay Area?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 16, 2005 14:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I remember all of it. I wasn't 21 yet and shouldn't have been drinking, but I did get kicked off the Soundgarden bus by their manager for drinking and being underage

really?!? Where the fuck was I when all this went down?!? Sheesh, why do I have to be the loser of the lot.

Head Villain...depends on what you consider "old"...we've not quite reached our 40s but are slowly edging our way in that general direction.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 17, 2005 01:20     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't remember that episode either. I guess you and I were too busy moving amps while Hypersis was running her underage fingers thru Chris Cornell's locks!
15 yrs. ago?!! Damn, we are old!
And quite sexxxy!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 17, 2005 10:21     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
...It happened here in a basketball game between Bernalillo and Grants...

That's funny and I just saw this on our local news this morning as I was getting ready for work. They said it was a family feud! I wonder how many cell phones and sets of keys were lost. I bet it's something they'll never forget

RanDUMB Voivod Thought of the Day: I have been listening to The Outer Limits for the last three days. I remember someone once started a topic titled, "What's so great about Jack Luminous", or something like that. I say listen to it again

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 27, 2005 13:32     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
30 Things Stressed People May Say At Work: ...but I only listed my favorites

1)Okay! Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

2) You say I'm a bitch like it's a bad thing!

3) I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

4) Chaos, panic and disorder....my work here is done.

5) You look like shit! Is that the style now?

6) A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.

RanDUMB Voivod thought of the Day: Now, if I was just at home blaring Nothingface I wouln't be tempted to say any of these things to people I don't like at work! iS it Friday yet?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 27, 2005 14:47     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

6) A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.
[/i]

I think it counts for the young lad with the hard-on growing on his arm...haha![ugh, I can't seem to get that picture outta my head ]

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 14, 2008 18:48     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, so this made me laugh my ass off today. I was driving home from school today blasting Jack Luminous and was singing along and sang...

you will never switch him off when you're hypnotized....don't you dare to call his bluff...he's real organized!

"So you know that President X-D dude, he's REALLY organized!"

Anyway, something tells me only my siblings will think this is funny....besides no one ever talks about Voivod around here anymore

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 14, 2008 22:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD?
what's that?
are they organized too?
you're a crazy mommy

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 14, 2008 22:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
no one ever talks about Voivod around here anymore

Come again??? Talks about what???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 20, 2008 09:44     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, talk about bumping old shit! Time flies!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 20, 2008 10:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Man, talk about bumping old shit!

You mean like these gals?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 20, 2008 13:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*chuckle*

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan