my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Corrosion Of Conformity... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Corrosion Of Conformity...
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 02, 2005 13:30     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COC is coming back!!!

From Blabbermouth:

quote:
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY are scheduled to master their new album, "In the Arms of God", at Sterling Sound in New York City this week, according to an online posting by guitarist Woody Weatherman.

As previously reported, "In the Arms of God" — which is also known by its Spanish-language equivalent, "En Los Brazos Del Dios" — is tentatively scheduled for release on April 5 via Sanctuary Records. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "En los Brazos del Dios", "Never Turns to More", "Stone Breaker" and "World on Fire". Producing the album was C.O.C.'s longtime collaborator John Custer. Besides working on four of the band's previous albums, Custer also produced C.O.C. bassist Mike Dean's track on Dave Grohl's PROBOT project and C.O.C.'s contribution to "Nativity In Black", the BLACK SABBATH tribute compilation. Playing drums is New Orleans' Stanton Moore, skinsman for the renowned jazz-funk combo GALACTIC.

CORROSION OF CONFORMITY will be teaming up with MOTÖRHEAD for a U.S. tour beginning in early March. So far, the following dates have been confirmed:

Mar. 09 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
Mar. 12 – New York, NY @ B.B. King's
Apr. 02 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues

Anybody familiar with Stanton Moore or Galactic? He sounds like an awsome fit for COC at this point! I really thought these guys were done after Reed Mullen left... but Moore sounds like a cool element and can't be any worse than Jimmy Bower (great guitarist, hate his drumming).

Ahh damn. I really wish Reed would come back though... I mean, the original 3 members are a legendary unit (Weatherman/Dean/Mullen), that's a fuckin great band! Saw them at a small club in Seattle after Deliverance was released (w/Eyehategod & for only $3!), and it was one of the best shows of my adult life!

Real happy to seem them making a return regardless! One of the best! And touring with Mortorhead!?!?! Perfect! Oh, this better come to Seattle!!!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted February 02, 2005 16:08     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mike, Stanton Moore is from down south and apparently an old friend of one of the guys in COC. He's played all kinds of funk and jazz from his band Galactic to Hammond B3 trio's and all kinds of shit in between. He has some serious chops and is one of those players that makes other players sweat. haha I can't wait to hear to hear this new COC with him on it.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 02, 2005 16:25     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! Thanks Greg! Sounds real promising! Some extended COC jams on this new album and live would be just fine w/me.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 02, 2005 16:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
insane. i would totally go see c.o.c. and motorhead.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 02, 2005 19:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
F U C K Y E S ! ! !

that makes my year!!!!

fuckin luv COC (even americas volume dealer, that you guys have been slammin on that other thread)

The guy from Galactic should add some variety to COC's sound considering his background.

I am thrilled beyond belief. I was worried COC was over because of the crap Peper was doing with Anselmo. I really did Keenan's voice and the whole Thin Lizzy groove guitar thing rocks like a mutha.

Bring it on, my ears are ready to bleed.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 03, 2005 02:33     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think i saw C.O.C. before Voivod at the outer limits tour in Tilburg. ('93)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 03, 2005 02:36     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is an odd piece of news for me, considering my locale. Stanton Moore has been a musical fixture around here for a long time. He's a great drummer, although I believe an odd match for C.O.C. I know both of them from my old job and I believe both he and Pepper live in the same neighborhood here and hang out at the same bar. However their two musical styles (professionally) could't be much further apart.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 03, 2005 04:47     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
However their two musical styles (professionally) could't be much further apart.

...which of course makes this new incarnation of C.O.C. even more interesting! I saw COC in Helsinki on their "Deliverance" tour in '94 and even got to shake their hands at a bar after the gig. Too bad I was too scared and surprised to be able to utter anything even remotely sensible...hahaha! Anyway, I'm extremely pleased to hear this news, I've always loved COC and I can't wait to hear what they sound like now. Coool!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 03, 2005 09:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love Corrosion. I've always did. I'm looking forward to hear that new one. AVD wasnt that bad I thought, but it's nowhere near as brilliant as Blind!

I dunno... Blind was so special on many levels. I was at a friend's house a couple weeks ago and we put it on for the first time in years. What a cool moment! Karl had a warmth in his voice that Pepper never matched.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 03, 2005 11:12     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's only my opinion, but Pepper's voice is one the best I've ever heard. When I heard "Vote" on Blind, I knew (and told everyone) that you wouldn't hear Karl Agell again on another C.O.C. record.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 03, 2005 12:21     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh, interesting opposing viewpoints on Pepper & Karl's voices. I wonder why Karl left (or was asked to leave) the band anyway? Both are good really good singers IMO.

One thing I remember from seeing them in '94 was that Pepper still seemed to be adjusting to singing and playing guitar at the same time (Reed filled in much of the vocals where Pepper was slipping). This wasn't a bad thing really as they did such and amazing job of not missing a damn thing. Though I was so excited about Mike Dean coming back at that point I hardly noticed Karl was gone...

Skul, I have a Corrosion VHS we may have to talk about sometime.

--------------------

Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted February 03, 2005 12:23     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This maybe a really dumb question, but are they planning on going back to their "Animosity'' ''Technocrancy'' sound. Or sticking with there current which I think is horrible.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 03, 2005 12:38     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I've heard, they are continuing in the new sound, which I love.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 03, 2005 13:22     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Blurrhog, didn't you read anything about thier new drummer up there?

Though I love the old COC sound, I can't see any reason for them to go back to it (so long as they continue to throw some Mike Dean vox tunes into their live set). Sounds like they are headed in an entirely new, maybe more spread out direction actually. I say, bring it on!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 03, 2005 19:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
coc evolved more than almost any other band that was around when they started. They realized they would be limited if they continued down the hardcore path of Animosity, so they became a thinking mans hard rock metal band. Then Pepper took over vocals and they added a Thin Lizzy style groove that fuckin blew me away. They can do it all, and this new addition on the drums will widen their sound and originality for sure.

It just seems to keep getting better. I agree that A.V.D. wasn't anything special or different from the previous 2 releases but it still kicked ass, grooved and rock better than most albums.

They have to reason to relive the past (not that all their albums weren't great in their own way) but they seem focused on new ideas and trying new things... AND I'M ALL FOR THAT.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 04, 2005 01:10     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
coc evolved more than almost any other band that was around when they started. They realized they would be limited if they continued down the hardcore path of Animosity, so they became a thinking mans hard rock metal band. Then Pepper took over vocals and they added a Thin Lizzy style groove that fuckin blew me away. They can do it all, and this new addition on the drums will widen their sound and originality for sure.

It just seems to keep getting better. I agree that A.V.D. wasn't anything special or different from the previous 2 releases but it still kicked ass, grooved and rock better than most albums.

They have to reason to relive the past (not that all their albums weren't great in their own way) but they seem focused on new ideas and trying new things... AND I'M ALL FOR THAT.

Schroed, when the hell are you gonna post the link to the new Porcupine Tree song thats out now? I've been wanting to do it but don't want to jump your game...........

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 04, 2005 08:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GO FOR IT MEZ!!!

I thought it just now came on I-Tunes, but if you know a free host for these people to download it, post that suka on a separate thread.

BTW: What do you think about it? I assume you are refering to the song SHALLOW. Kinda commercial but I think that's the idea for the first radio single in the states. Europe will be getting a tune titled LAZARUS which I'm sure is more in the PT vein.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 04, 2005 08:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I agree that A.V.D. wasn't anything special

Yah dude, nothing special about a v.d., especially when it comes from one's COC.

hehe.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 04, 2005 14:53     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goddammit! I am sitting at my desk listening to America's Volume Dealer right now... haha!

Why is it when someone tells you the milk is bad, you always have to smell it again and again just to make sure?

I guess I like it when my COC is a bit 'harder' than this.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 04, 2005 19:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cranked the fuck out of A.V.D. on the way to work today...
AND I STILL FUCKIN LOVE IT.

I'm easily entertained

It groooooovez and rocks like a mutha (whatever that means). I'll admit that it's not as original as their previous releases, but most bands would kill to be able to put out something this good.

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 04, 2005 22:58     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Saw them at a small club in Seattle after Deliverance was released
hey, didn't you see them over here in Bremerton @ "Natasha's" back in '87? Killer fucking show!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

pendar
VoivodFan
Member # 409

posted February 05, 2005 00:02     Profile for pendar   Email pendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got A.V.D. on dvd audio and the 5.1 sound is sweeeeeeet!
lookin forward to the new stuff but I'm gonna miss Reed!

pendar
VoivodFan
Member # 409

posted February 05, 2005 09:28     Profile for pendar   Email pendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just went thru my ticket stubs and found the first C.O.C show I went to, September 15, 1987 - Eastwood hall in Edmonton, with Broken Smile and the mighty Disciples of Power (r.i.p.) opening. Not bad for 8 bucks.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 05, 2005 12:46     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackcloud of Deicide:
hey, didn't you see them over here in Bremerton @ "Natasha's" back in '87? Killer fucking show!

W/The Melvins & Sacrilige B.C. opening... Hell yeah I was there! That was also the second to last show The Melvins ever played with (original bassist) Matt Lukin and they raged! Great show and the crowd went nuts! Heheh.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 07, 2005 23:59     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
W/The Melvins opening...

Yeah, and to think that being "slow and Heavy" wasn't cool back then!

It t'was an awesome gig!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan