my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » S K O M dvd

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: S K O M dvd
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 02, 2005 07:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Picked up Metallica's epic documentary yesterday SIME KIND OF MONSTER, and it is indeed a 'monster' of a dvd.

Ya gotta admit that when Metallica do something, they do it in grand style, and this is certainly no exception. 10 hours of footage that expose the band in every stage of their existence, no holds barred here, they let it all out. From the bitching, to the laughs, the stuggles, the victories, this is indeed a great documentary. I still have a lot of extra footage to view but can easily say this a must have disc for those you want to see first hand what the band went through to create ST ANGER. Even if you hate the album this dvd is worth buying.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 02, 2005 08:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did rent it for the extras.

For a bit of Voivod related drama, check out the "touring confusion" segment on disc 2.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 02, 2005 09:04     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 02, 2005 12:13     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got this in the mail from Netflix yesterday and plan on giving it the good once over...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 02, 2005 12:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How's the therapy part with Mustaine? I'd like to see that segment.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 02, 2005 12:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's incredible, Mez.
The part in the movie itself is short and decent, but the part they left out (found on the 2nd disc in the extras) is like 5 minutes long and really interesting. That's probably my favorite thing that has anything to do with this documentary.

And the voivod related drama i mentionned earlier (also in the extras). It's basically about Jason blowin' off a meeting with his former bandmates over Voivod being thrown off a bill in Europe (which Metallica was headlining) by their management. Lars' loosing it is priceless.
"HE LEFT THE FUCKING BAND!!!! What? Do we have to take out Voivod on tour with us to prove a point? When the fuck did we turn into the bad guys? HE FUCKING LEFT THE FUCKING BAND!!"

Something like that anyway.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan