my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Worse album EVER (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Worse album EVER
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 04, 2005 10:27     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*hallelujah*

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 04, 2005 15:32     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even "Reign in Blood"???? 'Master of Puppets'???? 'Among the Living'???

I find this thread peverse in the extreme.
Slayer / Metallica / Anthrax worse than "Exhorder" or "Turbo"(the band.)?????

A lot of the people's listening habits - their lives, even - will have been shifted forever by their having heard those bands (Me no exception.)

These bands CHANGED music, as much as Sabbath / King Crimson / Can / Brian Eno / Stockhausen / whoever you care to mention.

What mad revisionism is going on here??

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 04, 2005 17:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a thought...why not change the title of Thread to:
Worst METAL Album EVER

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 04, 2005 19:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Soft Machine:
Was too busy listening to HARDCORE

Thanks for the answer. I enjoy hardcore also but find it extremely limited, in the sense that a hardcore band can put out 2 maybe 3 albums without starting to sound redundant. It's a very limited genre that doesn't leave much room for diversity, because once you start doing something different than what hardcore is based on... it's not hardcore anymore. It's brutal and poweful, yes, but I can't hear much variety in it. I have hardcore albums and cds but there's only so many of them that you need because they'll are strat to sound the same, just with a different singer... who usually sounds like the other guys.

I'm not saying I hate hardcore, I just didn't find enough freedom and expession in it other that the sheer power that it has.

Metal allows for so much more expression and diversity. That's why a lot of hardcore bands started doing metal, or thrash, or just rocking out after releasing a couple hardcore albums. Same thing with punk... it's cool, but very limiting.

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted February 04, 2005 21:21     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Worst METAL Album EVER

I'd say Black Album

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted February 04, 2005 21:25     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lets see, when it comes to thrash back then I was listening to Voivod, Venom, Slayer (everything before Reign In Blood), Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, Possessed, Exodus, Razor, etc etc. I dont know what to say, Megadeth, Anthrax & Metallica just never did it for me in any way, shape or form whatsoever. Ive always found those three bands to be incredibly boring and still do.
The Crippler
VoivodFan
Member # 537

posted February 04, 2005 21:40     Profile for The Crippler   Email The Crippler     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:
I'd say Black Album

I like this album alot, Through the Never is one of Metallica's most underrated songs.

Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted February 05, 2005 00:01     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Lets see, when it comes to thrash back then I was listening to Voivod, Venom, Slayer (everything before Reign In Blood), Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, Possessed, Exodus, Razor, etc etc. I dont know what to say, Megadeth, Anthrax & Metallica just never did it for me in any way, shape or form whatsoever. Ive always found those three bands to be incredibly boring and still do.

Amen to that. Those bands were very boring to me too. We always considered the Metallica fans ''posers'' even back in the day haha. Virginia was Voivod territory!!!!

Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted February 05, 2005 00:08     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and when SEVEN CHURCHES came out it was the only album i listened to for 3 straight months. One of the best ever
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 05, 2005 07:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Soft Machine:
Dude, I was 12-13 years old in the mid to late eighties...give me a break

I just wanted fast, aggressive and pounding music. And those three or four metal bands mentioned were just not what I was looking for at the time

My apologies, I wasn't trying to bust on anyone, I was just curious. When I read so many posts from people not liking those bands, but being on a metal forum such as this, it made me wonder why. I assumed it had something to do with how old you were back then, but I was just curious as to what yuou were jamming out to.

It' like someone being into metal but saying they don't like Black Sabbath (at least early Sabbath).

Like I stated I DO enjoy hardcore.

--------------------

yawn

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 05, 2005 08:26     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
It' like someone being into metal but saying they don't like Black Sabbath (at least early Sabbath).

I fucking hate Black Sabbath. Dull, dull, dull, dull, DULL.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 05, 2005 08:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blurrhog:
and when SEVEN CHURCHES came out it was the only album i listened to for 3 straight months. One of the best ever

Yesss!!!!! First "extreme" metal band i got into.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 05, 2005 20:48     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
I fucking hate Black Sabbath. Dull, dull, dull, dull, DULL.

HERESY!!!! HERESY!!!! WIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!

LET'S WHIPLASH HIM!!!! THEN WE WILL MAKE HIM JUMP IN THE FIRE!!!! NO REMORSE!!!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 07, 2005 09:00     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
HERESY!!!! HERESY!!!! WIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!

LET'S WHIPLASH HIM!!!! THEN WE WILL MAKE HIM JUMP IN THE FIRE!!!! NO REMORSE!!!!!

BURN HER!!!

And by the way, Sabbath may seem boring because of the 70s feel to it. Ok, they weren't thrash or speed, the production didn't make it sound "heavy" in the 80s kind of sound. But they were amazing for their time, great songwriters, and great RIFFS. The riffs, baby, the riffs.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan