my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Blacky and Angel Rat..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blacky and Angel Rat..
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 29, 2005 05:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dusted it off and played it tonight. I totally forgot that Blacky was a "guest-musician"

*Blacky, didn't you get bored playing that last riff to "Best Regards", over and over and over and over and over again?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 29, 2005 07:38     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*scratches head* Blacky looks sorta funny in the Clouds video huh

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 29, 2005 13:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How dare you! Our hero would NEVER be seen playing a pink bass!!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 31, 2005 08:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nor would he EVER wear one of those nice Poofy Pirate Shirts!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 31, 2005 08:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:
*Blacky, didn't you get bored playing that last riff to "Best Regards", over and over and over and over and over again?

Hey! I love that bass riff! And the repetition makes it even cooler, with Piggy doing variations over it. Like a blower, it just carries on, without stopping, crushing everything on it's way. It rules.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 01, 2005 19:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's a cool way to describe it. i like repetition with rhythms myself, it's not a boring thing to play at all, it can be very dynamic. i do feel sorry for bass players who just get buried though, that must make you feel a bit defeated when you're just a barely discernable buzz underneath everything else.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 01, 2005 21:12     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Hey! I love that bass riff!

As do I!!! Just "razzing" the might black-one!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted February 02, 2005 00:05     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The bass on Nothingface is still the coolest of all Voivod albums IMO... mostly due to the wicked Glen Robinson production.
The Angel Rat bass seemed to try and emulate the sound on Nothingface, but ultimately the production was just too generic radio freindly bleeehhh... the blower bass is supposed to growl not purr!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 02, 2005 07:33     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey now!
Dont be talking smack about my favorite Producer...

"Mr. White Hair" Terry Brown!

lol!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan