my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Do Video Games Contribute To Childrens Anti-Social Behaviour ? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Do Video Games Contribute To Childrens Anti-Social Behaviour ?
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 28, 2005 19:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted January 28, 2005 19:49     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My sister-in-law is a teacher and is convinced that most kids have some sort of disorder and need to be sedated. I think it's people like her who contribute to these studies.
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 28, 2005 22:25     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think ADD and ADHD are the most over-diagnosed disorders in the US. The thing is, when I was a kid, we played outside anytime we weren't in school. We ran off a TON of energy. Children naturally have lots of energy that needs to be channeled somewhere. These days, especially in large cities, kids CAN'T play outdoors all day the way we did. It's just not safe unless they're constantly monitored, which parents cannot do. So they are kept inside, and given shit like video games for entertainment. Which may keep them occupied but does nothing to run off their energy. So they run around the house and knock shit over and break things and scream and yell. And their parents, who are about to be driven insane by this chaos, say "my child can't sit down for 10 minutes, my child is hyperactive, my child NEEDS MEDICATION!!!!" Which is bullshit. Most of these children are not hyperactive, they do not have ADD; they are normal, they just don't have the avenues to release their natural energy and exuberance.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 29, 2005 13:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wise-ass, cynical and wordy reply

Sorry, I'm a bit tired.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan