my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Way of Wyrd - Brian Bates - Sabbat - Dreamweaver

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Way of Wyrd - Brian Bates - Sabbat - Dreamweaver
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 18, 2005 09:10     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cannot be the only member of this forum who was stunned by the lyricism of Sabbat's "Dreamweaver", way back when? It's an impression that's never left me either.
But, I have only just got around to ordering the book on which it was based - Brian Bate's "Way of Wyrd." It's just arrived, courtesy of DHL.

The auspices are good: Impressed blurbs by Julian Cope (Obligatory for such things.) and another by Magnus Magnussen, among others.

Has anyone here read it? Again, I'd be suprised if not....

|  IP: Logged
ISEN TORR
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 516

posted January 19, 2005 05:32     Profile for ISEN TORR   Email ISEN TORR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes. A great tale of Anglo Saxon times. And a worthy investment.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 19, 2005 06:22     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers!
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted January 19, 2005 23:50     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shit!!! Other Sabbat fans...a friend taped their first album for me during the "speed metal crisis" of the mid 80's back in high school hell! We were the only two folks who even heard of these guys and their first two albums still kick ass! I also collect live Sabbat shows...Is Noise Records planning to reissue both "A History" and "Dreamweaver" CDS?
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 20, 2005 14:26     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's doubtful, I reckon.
I'm sure Andy Sneap has been pestered on this subject more than once but surely now he's a relative bigshot in the world of metal, surely he's tempted to remix the appalingly recorded "Dreamweaver." He should be really fucking proud of it as a piece of work?

The rare cd Noise released of it manages to make it sound even worse. Like most early Noise releases....

Ho hum.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan