my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod '84 demos

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod '84 demos
Vaporville
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 529

posted January 10, 2005 04:53     Profile for Vaporville   Email Vaporville     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, all! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been lurking around here and leeching off y'all's uploads for so long, I figured it was about time to give som'm back. I just ripped an old 'Vod bootleg cassette by the name of Power Metal Demos 1984 Vol. 1. Don't know how accurate that title is, but it does sound like a Jonquiere basement jam ca. 83/84-ish. It's not great quality, of course (you can tell it was recorded from a vinyl boot by the occasional pops), but there're a few covers I've never seen them do elsewhere.

Track list:

Voivod
Condemned to the Gallows
Helldriver
Live for Violence
War and Pain
Incontation (that's how it's spelled on the tape)
Buried Alive
Suck Your Bone
Blower
Slaughter in the Grave
Bursting Out

So anyways, I couldn't find any mention of this thing on the live boot archive site, so maybe I or someone here could give 'em a heads up? Does anyone here know of this recording already, or has it been on here at all in the past? If not, I'd be happy to upload it, if Warcorpse or somebody could show me how (I have no experience with this stuff).

Just sayin' thanks. Great site you got here, btw.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 10, 2005 08:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to VVF Vaporville, I'm sure we would all like to hear those tunes!!! I've never heard of that boot, the set list looks cool.

Don't lurk so much, post more.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 10, 2005 10:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah welcome man and thanks for the contribution. I'm sure Corpse or Blacky will help you out on this.
Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted January 10, 2005 11:12     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup I have this boot on vinyl. Definetaly good stuff.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 10, 2005 12:04     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome Vaporville!

That bootleg is actually an abbreviated version of the Jan 1984 "To The Death!" demo. There were vinyl copies of this made too (I think Blacky may even have one). There is a fairly good recording of the entire DTD! demo floating around here somewhere.

I bought a tape a few years ago called "Black Maple" of all things, also the "To The Death!" demo.

Thanks for offering up the tunes man!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 10, 2005 12:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vaporville...great name there.
Share the love, now that I can download the tunes.
*Welcome Aboard*

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 10, 2005 12:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See, that's the right way to join a community.

Others should take notes.

Welcome.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 10, 2005 12:47     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I shared a plate of "special" brownies when I joined!

DID EVERYONE GET THEIRS???

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 10, 2005 12:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hm? Food? Where?

Welcome aboard, Vaporville!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 10, 2005 15:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blurrhog:
Yup I have this boot on vinyl. Definetaly good stuff.

Fuck i never saw a bootleg from Voivod in my life and didn't even know they existed.
Could please someone put a picture of it on here ??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Vaporville
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 529

posted January 10, 2005 17:51     Profile for Vaporville   Email Vaporville     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D wrote:
"That bootleg is actually an abbreviated version of the Jan 1984 "To The Death!" demo. There were vinyl copies of this made too (I think Blacky may even have one). There is a fairly good recording of the entire DTD! demo floating around here somewhere."

OOOOkay... that explains it. I wasn't looking in the right places. So far I've only seen one small graphic of the original on the other fan site. This tape just has a generic black and red cover with a faded copy of the "Pre-Ignition" graphic from Nothingface on the front. I'd scan it, but I recently moved and can't find the power cord to my scanner. Really, though, you won't be missing out on anything.

So, I'm uploading now... hope I'm doing this right. I recorded them at kind of a high volume to make up for the quality a little, so hopefully they won't clip any speakers. Just a warning; I don't really have any recording smarts.

Enjoy!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 10, 2005 20:12     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess this wasn't available after all? Hmm... Here is the track listing for the complete demo.

1. Voivod
2. Condemned To The Gallows
3. Helldriver
4. Live For Violence
5. War & Pain
6. Incantation
7. Buried Alive (Venom)
8. Suck Your Bone
9. Blower
10. Slaughter In A Grave
11. Nuclear War
12. Black City
13. Iron Gang
14. Evil (Mercyful Fate)
15. Bursting Out (Venom)
16. Warriors Of Ice

I have a pretty decent rip of this if needed. Man, these 'band released' Iron Gang reissues are just never gonna happen are they? Too bad.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Vaporville
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 529

posted January 10, 2005 20:32     Profile for Vaporville   Email Vaporville     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw, hell... I didn't think to ask about that, X-D. I just hadn't seen these songs anywhere. If you have better quality rips, that'd be perfectly cool with me. Whenever you or Warcorpse want to is fine; I didn't notice that thing about posting new rips once a month till just now. I'd really love to hear the other tracks, tho.

I'm also looking for that Nothingface promo track sound-collage thingy called 'Questionface'. I've downloaded it from Soulseek at least twice, and for some reason I had a bad crash both times before I had a copy backed up! If I can recover it from the corrupted filesystem on my old drive, maybe I'll throw that one up here. I really like that 'song', although it's nothing like what they normally do.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 10, 2005 20:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Man, these 'band released' Iron Gang reissues are just never gonna happen are they? Too bad.

I thought Piggy was "working" on them, but sometimes "work" takes years and years huh

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 11, 2005 13:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HELLATHANKS and SALUTES!!!

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted January 11, 2005 14:58     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks!
Vaporville
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 529

posted January 11, 2005 18:59     Profile for Vaporville   Email Vaporville     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No problem a'tall. Hell, with all the crazy shit you've all posted over the last year, it's the least I can do. Thanks to YOU guys.
lovecraft
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 425

posted January 23, 2005 02:18     Profile for lovecraft   Email lovecraft     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

11. Nuclear War
12. Black City
13. Iron Gang
14. Evil (Mercyful Fate)
16. Warriors Of Ice

I have a pretty decent rip of this if needed. Man, these 'band released' Iron Gang reissues are just never gonna happen are they? Too bad.

X-D, could you please post the remaining 5 songs, that would be really great!!! Thanx!

(and a big thank you to Vaporville for the first songs!!!!)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan