my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Perhaps take off the "80's" bit on homepage?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Perhaps take off the "80's" bit on homepage?
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 05, 2005 21:14     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's kind of misleading.
Although were are all a bunch of old farts???

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 05, 2005 21:31     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not really so...this site is mainly "homage" to Voivod's first 5 albums: The essential classics! It just so happens that they were recorded during the 80's. I, on the other hand, also adore "Angel Rat", but to Warcorpse, that album REALLY smells bad!

*btw, I'm almost 36...old and decrepit!*

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 05, 2005 21:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah but..
Phobos!!!!! Fucking hell

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 06, 2005 08:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Yeah but..
Phobos!!!!! Fucking hell

Amen to that.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 06, 2005 09:37     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah but... Dimension Hatross!!!!! Fucking hell

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 06, 2005 09:47     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thou shalt never forget...

Nothingface!!!!! Fucking hell

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 06, 2005 10:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, why don't you just name them all, since you're at it.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 06, 2005 10:27     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the next one we'll be having www.voivodfan2005.com so fucking heavy this thing is. We'll be having over 100.000 people on the board with 35 new topics every day.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 06, 2005 12:00     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Hey, why don't you just name them all, since you're at it.

Ok!

warandpainrrroooaaarrr!killingtechnologydimensionhatross
nothingfaceangelrattheouterlimitsnegatronphoboskronik
voivodlivesvoivod

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted January 06, 2005 13:37     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like 'em all, really. Agree with HV.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 06, 2005 14:37     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
Ok!

warandpainrrroooaaarrr!killingtechnologydimensionhatross
nothingfaceangelrattheouterlimitsnegatronphoboskronik
voivodlivesvoivod

Heheheh you forgot Best of
although that's the only one I didn't bother buying.
Found a best of Celtic Frost recently & didn't much like the look of the tracklisting!! no bad songs really just not the classics, from what I remember more sort of Cold lake/Vanity/Hellhammer

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 06, 2005 20:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gotta agree with dropping the 80's tag, although it is Warcorpse's baby and entirely up to him.

The funny thing that one of the main contributors to the forum happens to be Eric who wasn't even in the 80's VV!!!

What's also ironic is that this site is hands down more active that any other VV site yet the only members who make themselves known are 2 guys that aren't in the band anymore, Blacky and E.F.
It would be nice if the active members admitted to how important this site is and that the real fans are HERE, discussing everything. Good, Bad, or indifferent. It wouln't hurt for any of them to drop by and post occassionally. We're all here basically because of the band.

--------------------

yawn

Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted January 06, 2005 21:04     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
any album with snake an easy 100 out of a 100.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 06, 2005 21:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agree 100% with Schroeder.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 06, 2005 21:27     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blurrhog:
any album with snake an easy 100 out of a 100.

Hey!! Awesome username!
~Hyperspeed~

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 07, 2005 10:35     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Yeah but... Dimension Hatross!!!!! Fucking hell

no way mate...

Dimension Hatross!!!!!
super-hypra-mega-giga-tera-whoppa fucking hell...
and I'm nowher near the truth!

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted January 07, 2005 10:39     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Voivodfan.com is controversial. Not only because of the '80s tag, but also because of blunt fan opinions. There seems to be a false assumption that voivodfan hates post-'80s Voivod music. Personally, I hate Angel Rat, don't care for TOL, I like Negatron, Phobos, and I don't care for the new CD. But that's just me. Voivodfan is not one person, voivodfan is a website and a collection of history. A large rare collection. The forum is made up of all sorts of fans. We are not the haters, the haters are all the kids at ozzfest who skipped the Voivod set. We all bought the new CD. Blame us.

so let it be written!

I dont see why it should be dropped anyway...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 07, 2005 17:15     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Blame us.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan