my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NEW PRIEST SONG!!!!!!!! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: NEW PRIEST SONG!!!!!!!!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 27, 2005 23:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it officially release then?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 28, 2005 01:05     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'course not.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 28, 2005 11:47     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's out there on the intraweb, and well worth the download.

Priest's Karaoke years are truly over.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 28, 2005 12:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I take back when i said about it being "amazing". It's not.

After a couple of listens, i cant get past some of the cheeeeezzze of the whole thing. "Ride to live, live to ride, wheels of fire forevaaah"? COME ON!!

However, i like two songs. I like the 13min. epic "Lochness", and the ballady "Angel", even if the beginning is basically a rip off of Three Doors Down's "Kryptonite" (no kiddin!).

So, yay for a new Priest record, and nay for not being a good one.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 28, 2005 13:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
So, yay for a new Priest record, and nay for not being a good one.

Well...

- . - = +

So it must be good, then!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 28, 2005 13:37     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
After a couple of listens, i cant get past some of the cheeeeezzze of the whole thing. "Ride to live, live to ride, wheels of fire forevaaah"?

Yeah. What's happened to Rob's searing political attacks, like on "Take on all the World." or, "Breaking the Law."?

or his subtle weaving of social themes, "Rock Forever" or, "Hot Rockin'"?

I want to know where this new found camp element has suddenly appeared from!?

And I think that singer might be a bit... you know...

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 28, 2005 14:09     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.dynamic-effex.com/priest_AOR.htm
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 29, 2005 20:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm listening to the album right now. Certainly it has the trademark Priest sound, but so far (I'm at the 4th song, "Worth Fighting For"), it looks like they opted for a less agressive sound than on Painkiller. It reminds me (in the overall atmosphere) of Halford's Resurrection.

But then, it's still my first listen.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 29, 2005 21:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weeeeel, can't say it's amazing either. Unfortunately.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted January 31, 2005 22:47       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
go to the downloads thread and you can listen to the whole album but i wouldnt waste my time.It fuckin SUCKS!!!!
IP: Logged

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan