my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NEW PRIEST SONG!!!!!!!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: NEW PRIEST SONG!!!!!!!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 30, 2004 09:59     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!

* REVOLUTION * (here)

"Revolution" Lyrics:

"If you think it's over, better think again
There'll be no compromise
Time to hit the power, feel adrenaline
Move into overdrive

Here comes the revolution
Time for retribution

If you think I'll back down or accept defeat
Brace for the aftershock
Take it to the limits, take it to the streets
Give it everything you've got

Time to come together
Revolution
Living on forever
Revolution

Get ready for the revolution

It's a revolution
It's a retribution

Something's in the air
Time to change, it's time to change

You better watch out tonight
You better watch out for the revolution

Bring it down, bring it down".

Kinda reminds me of the Screaming for Vengeance days. Gay chorus ( ), but ultra-heavy!!!

*updated*

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 30, 2004 10:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
Gay chorus ( ),

ha ha...I can't figure out how to download, but I can wait to hear the entire album.
Two days ago the AM DJ on the local rawk station played Painkiller and I just about banged my head into oblivion...That song is wicked good.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 30, 2004 11:06     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It doesn't seem heavy to me at all, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's sonically more in line with their early 80's sound, much more hard rock than metal by today's standards.

It's a bit dull to me. The riff is essentially 'Mountain Song' with a change at the end. Still, I'd rather listen to this than most other stuff being put out these days.

Said the very old man.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 30, 2004 11:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I knew that riff was not strange. It is indeed "Mountain Song".

All in all, still a great song, very heavy production. Let's wait and see how it fits the whole of the album.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 30, 2004 14:34     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meh. The riff stinks and the chorus is quite gay indeed. Bit of a disappointment for the first single, but it will get radio play.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 30, 2004 16:19     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny, I went home last night and cranked Screaming For Vengeance and I just didn't make the connection that Slaytanic made.

The song was okay.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 30, 2004 16:30     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cant' download the thing, but the lyrics are strikingly familier.

Isn't this off Ram It Down? This is what happens when old metallers take too much of the old billy.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 30, 2004 17:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok. Just listened to the new Priest tune.
It sounded almost like Pounding Metal by Exciter. It's about what I'd expect from the old guard.

--------------------

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted December 30, 2004 22:48     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, quite Pounding Metal-esque, and the Mountain Song connection sucks ass. Good riff, granted, but I know they took it from Jane's Addiction and I can't stand that. The vocals also suck BTW

I didn't want to expect much, but it's still a disappointment.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 31, 2004 03:31     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It doesn't do a thing to me at all. If the whole album is like this i'll keep playing British steel instead.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 31, 2004 04:10     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I kinda like this "retro-direction" they're going back to...definitely reminds me of the "70-ish" stuff with all of the killer vocal overdubs...for example "Tyrant" was awesome with the "chorus-vocals" on the studio version.

However, I do admit, that the Jane's Addiction influence with the main riff does turn me off a tad bit.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 31, 2004 07:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
didn't do enough for me to warrant not deleting it from my harddrive, although I will be buying the cd as soon as it comes out.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 17, 2005 14:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm. Keeping the tradition of badly drawn Priest album covers...

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 17, 2005 14:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I heard the song on the radio last week. It sounded better on the airwaves.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted January 17, 2005 15:42       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what the hell is that symbol thats on all of there albums now?
I never saw it before they put it on all the remastered stuff.

IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted January 17, 2005 17:26     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
what the hell is that symbol thats on all of there albums now?
I never saw it before they put it on all the remastered stuff.
It looks like a cock & balls.

They changed their name to Judas "Catholic" Priest.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 17, 2005 20:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the cover!!!
It's way better than Iron Maiden's last one. Classick JP art.

--------------------

yawn

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted January 18, 2005 12:50       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it doesnt look like the "Devil's Pitchfork" but it does look like something Egyptian.
I wonder what it means in Egyptian?
I dont care for that symbol though.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 18, 2005 13:34     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's the best JP cover art since Painkiller - but I fail to see why it has to have nipples?

Kinda looks like Kryten with his evil head on.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted January 18, 2005 15:18     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Audio samples posted online! (in shitty windows media format)

sonymusic.co.uk

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 18, 2005 15:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evelyn K Helicopter:
- but I fail to see why it has to have nipples?

Which is what I always wonder when looking at bare-chested dudes...why do they have nipples?[I'll take mine w/lots of hair, please]

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 18, 2005 23:06     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ewww!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted January 19, 2005 06:28       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you can sample the whole album here http://www.sonymusic.co.uk/uk/disc.php?id=9014760&lang=eng&cat=519300
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted January 20, 2005 14:12     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bloody hell.
I'm not sure what 15 years apart has done...
but suddenly you can hear Ian Hill again!?

Listening to their LP's I couldn't be sure he didn't leave after Stained Class....

These samples brought out my 'unreconstructed defender of all things Judas Priest' streak.

That cover, while better than owt since SfV, is still pretty kak. Can't they employ a half decent decent artist, or go back to the subtler graphic design of old?????

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 27, 2005 22:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got the album.
It's amazing!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan