my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Death Metal Reading Material

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death Metal Reading Material
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted December 28, 2004 02:25     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just finished reading Choosing Death - The Improbable History of Death Metal and Grindcore by Albert Mudrian. Excellent book with a ton of insight and some really good trivia, like the identitly of George Emanuelle III. The book centers on Napalm Death, as it should I guess, but it covers most of the other bands that matter too. Check it out if you're into Death Metal and Grindcore. It was a really fun read.

Next up is Fargo Rock City.

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 28, 2004 02:52     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still gotta read and pickup Lords of Chaos. I'll add Choosing Death to the list.

--------------------

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted December 28, 2004 03:20     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
George Emanuelle III = Trey from Morbid Angel?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 28, 2004 07:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahaha.....(Imran sorry for not calling, Amy's cold became the flu and she got massively sick...was out of it all week)

I've got my copy on backorder since before Christmas. WTF is up with RELAPSE? Is every single employee a pothead? Seems like every time I order from them it takes FOREVER for something to get here. I mean I can understand this but every other time I order from them........Glad to hear the good review of this book. I'm really looking forward to it.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 28, 2004 10:21     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool. I'll look for Choosing Death myself.
Forgot about it already.

I received my Relapse order in time to mail present to hypergrrl...no complaints here.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted December 28, 2004 11:00     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Imran X:
George Emanuelle III = Trey from Morbid Angel?

Yep. I had never heard that one before reading the book.

And don't wait for Relapse. Just get it from Amazon.
Choosing Death

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 28, 2004 18:47     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this looks pretty good.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan