my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The "Philadelphia Eagles" Thread (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: The "Philadelphia Eagles" Thread
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 27, 2004 03:28     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, here we are with a little of a "lot" of football left, and with the Eagles on the verge of making another NFC championship run (4th time's a fucking charm...bitch, hopefully!) I thought I would create ANOTHER "underdog" thread (kinda like with the Redsox) since the Eagles have NEVER won a SuperBowl, and infact they've only appeared in one against the Raiders back in '81...and of course they lost that fucker.

So as much as I was a Boston Red Sox fan, I'm as equally enough a Philadelphia Eagles fan...go figure right, since Boston ROCKS at football, but was miserable in baseball!

Nevertheless, Go Eagles!!!

**on a sad note**

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=20331

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 27, 2004 11:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I kinda doubt the Eagels will make it this year. No T.O.
RIP Reggie..."Now, Hispanics know alot about the family structure. They can fit 20-30 people in one house." Or, "The Japanese can turn a wristwatch into a television"...or something like that.
blahahahaaahaaaahaaaaahhaaaaa!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 27, 2004 19:22     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if you really want this to be an under dog thread, change the title to Carolina Panthers.

will they do it!!!!?!?!?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 28, 2004 00:00     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No man, FUCK THIS!! I WANT MY FUCKING NHL HOCKEY BACK!!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 28, 2004 10:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

It's always something when it comes to football.

Hey Tangento!!
Any new PMS files?
Still addicted to discs 1 & 2. Thanks for turning me on to Napalm Death...those dudes slay!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 29, 2004 00:02     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always enjoyed ND's earlier stuff: "Harmony Corruption", "Utopia Banished" to name a couple, although the sound quality could be better on both, they still hold something very special to me!

Now back to the Eagles, I don't know if I like the way Andy Reid handled last Monday night's game by not allowing some of the starters to play, namely McNabb, who only played for 1 series of drives. (although it did result in a TD) I understand that the possibility of getting injured exists, but I feel that "momentum" is crucial...so keep the ball rollin' fuckers! I don't want the word "choke" to exist in the playoffs once again!

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 29, 2004 00:29     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:

It's always something when it comes to football.

Hey Tangento!!
Any new PMS files?
Still addicted to discs 1 & 2. Thanks for turning me on to Napalm Death...those dudes slay!

Yeah, abso-fucking-lutely. I am feverishly compiling the most monumental PMS project to date. Hope to be done with this one before my b-day in Feb. I will create a thread when the time is nigh...

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

poochie
VoivodFan
Member # 479

posted December 29, 2004 06:38     Profile for poochie   Email poochie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Eagles are a good team, no doubt, but without T.O., they're going to have a tough time, as evidenced the other day.

The NFC is a fucking joke. Seattle 8-7 and Green Bay 9-6? These records are clinching divisions? Somebody needs to reshuffle the deck.

At any rate, I don't think the EAGLES have what it takes to beat teams like New England, and even Indianapolis may give them a hard time if it comes down to it. If Big Ben is out for the rest of the season, then Pittsburgh may have trouble as well.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 29, 2004 08:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, since this is a football thread ( ), I'd like to say "goodbye" and "thank you" to Romario.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 29, 2004 11:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who's Romario?

I have to say the football this year sucked ass. Some lady on the Jim Rome show was calling Eli Manning, Emily Manning...ha ha.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 06, 2005 23:56     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Who's Romario?

I have to say the football this year sucked ass. Some lady on the Jim Rome show was calling Eli Manning, Emily Manning...ha ha.

Romario is Jullieto's honey-man.

As for our great sport of base, err, football the reagular season is finally over and now we can get down to some serious, meaningful games. This whole deal with teams that have clinched and are resting their starters made for some very boring games. It looked like pre-season!
And yes the NFC does suck! I am hoping the Steelers go all the way with a rookie quarterback to boot! Maybe next year the 'Skins will make a run.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted January 07, 2005 03:40     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My 49ers are a fuckin joke.

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 07, 2005 07:22     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Bengals beat the crap out of Philadelphia in theyre last game.
This will give us momentum to build on for next year.

GO CINCINNATI BENGALS!

Bengals fans no longer have to wear brown bags over theyre heads.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 07, 2005 09:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

Bengals fans no longer have to wear brown bags over theyre heads.

But 49ers fans do! ha ha.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 07, 2005 09:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
Romario is Jullieto's honey-man.

"Romario, Romario...where for art thou you pansy ass bitch!"

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 07, 2005 18:11     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
My Bengals beat the crap out of Philadelphia in theyre last game.

The Eagles obviously are trying to "rest some starters" before the playoffs...like I had mentioned earlier...they'll probably choke next week.

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 07, 2005 19:27     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Philadelphia 2nd Team should have played better.

I dont agree with what they are doing...resting the Starters.
Its a copout in my opinion.
You should be in it 100% or not at all.

I still think the Eagles will be in the Superbowl though.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 16, 2005 22:27     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, they beat the Vikings this morning...now it's off to their 4th consecutive NFC championship game...in which they lost the previous 3. So close, but yet so far, hopefully their luck will change this time around! Doesn't everyone know that the "4th time's a charm!" Ha!

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 17, 2005 00:39     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, they looked good today, or did the Vikes look bad, really bad!? I think they will be in the Bowl, but I'd like to see Vick and the Falcons pull off an upset. It should be a great game with Vick and McNabb running wild.

As for the damn Colts! Jeez, what an asskicking the Pats D fence layed on them. 3 points?!?!?! Are you kidding me? Manning is running out of time as the window of opportunity is slowly closing on him. He is a great QB, but just can't win the big game.

Go 'Skins!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 17, 2005 04:17     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Go 'Skins!

Ha!

Joe Theisman was awesome! (but that leg injury he once suffered still makes me cringe, ouch!!!)

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 17, 2005 10:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Manning...He is a great QB

one word, or is it two?[haha]: HorseFace

GO Browns!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 23, 2005 22:30     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I still think the Eagles will be in the Superbowl though.

They're in!!! I guess the 4th time was a charm afterall, ha! Although, they'll have their backs up against the wall facing Brady who's undefeated in the post season!

In baseball, I love the Boston Redsox, but the Patriots are starting to like the "yankees" of football!

Go Eagles!

--------------------

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted January 25, 2005 00:04     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EAGLES UBER ALLES!!!!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 25, 2005 08:20     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am cheering for New England.

Three reasons.

1. Dallas are bitter rivals with Philadelphia and nobody here is cheering for them.

2. Corry Dillon. My fav Football player deserves a Ring after spending so many years
on my Fav loser Football Team, Cincinnati Bengals.

3. Brady. The best QB in the NFL. My opinion of course.

Sorry, Legion.
Looks like we have a friendly rilvary here.
Prepare to be DESTROYED!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 25, 2005 23:07     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm taking Da Bears in 4 qwarters. 146-3!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan