my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Away / 'vod - news'flash'. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Away / 'vod - news'flash'.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 26, 2004 05:39     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Christmas / Saturnalia everyone.
http://voivod.net/NewsFlash1.swf

I didn't notice this linked here. It shows Away's new skills in Flash animation.
No new music though, other than ambient burbling, like on 'Phobos'. So, maybe the new album will be as good as Phobos?

Away's obviously still obsessed with ants, which has to be a good sign for the world of Heavy Metal too?

|  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 26, 2004 05:45     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, as I only have myself to talk to this Boxing Day morning, while my girlfriend has a bath and I discover "Be Bop Deluxe" twenty years too late...

How cool would it be to actually have a 'vod album stuffed with Away's gfx. Finally!
That last LP was precede by many little B&W drawings and doodles, which got me really excited by the idea of a 'multimedia' Voivod release. But it din't really happen, did it?

What better than "flash" to get ideas down
quickly?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 26, 2004 05:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am already loving this shit.

Away keeps amaizing me with his art.

"Voivod are in pre-production" does this mean it will take some weeks to get to pressing the album and shipping it across to the world?

And do the summer festivals in Europa /?????

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 26, 2004 06:23     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if memory serves correctly he already said they are doing Europe before anywhere else

--------------------

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 26, 2004 07:54     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
"Voivod are in pre-production" does this mean it will take some weeks to get to pressing the album and shipping it across to the world?

Pre-production means preparing for the real recording if I remember it right. You were too optimistic I guess...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 26, 2004 13:59     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup - pre-production is basically jamming the songs out, trying different ideas and seeing what sticks and what's shit.

The Nothingface demos on this site (of they're still there) are an excellent example of how a band evolves songs from raw ideas to the finished product. Some of the lyrics are different, some of the drum rolls are a little 'jazz-time' and theres the odd half-baked solo. The bass is spot on, though!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 26, 2004 23:05     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HELL ! Killer graphics... Away is on fire, it's a good sign... to be continued

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 27, 2004 04:17     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crap, I only get the initial screen and the title text after pushing the button, then just a blank screen and silence. I've got Flash, so I don't know what gives....

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 27, 2004 05:17     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Killer graphics

Only the "ant" cleaning itself, otherwise, wtf?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 27, 2004 10:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Crap, I only get the initial screen and the title text after pushing the button, then just a blank screen and silence. I've got Flash, so I don't know what gives....

You have to be patient, I guess?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 27, 2004 11:47     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I think I just peed my pants, er, my skirt and hose.
I want more of that!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 27, 2004 15:47     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Slayman, I've got dsl and after a five minutes wait there's still nothing. Maybe I'll have to reinstall Flash or something...damn compootahs.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 27, 2004 17:22     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best way to go it is to right click on the link and choose "save target as".

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 28, 2004 00:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont know what the hell happened but somehow all my picture got switched from Internet Explorer(with the blue e) to microsoft(with the microsoft logo and it says jpeg under properties) and now i cant open any of my pictures.
Anybody know how i can switch them back?

IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 28, 2004 03:01     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right Click the file, properties, open with.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 28, 2004 08:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the "open with" option is no longer there.I tried that when i noticed my picture files somehow got changed.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 28, 2004 09:03     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
So, maybe the new album will be as good as Phobos?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 28, 2004 10:21     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
I dont know what the hell happened but somehow all my picture got switched from Internet Explorer(with the blue e) to microsoft(with the microsoft logo and it says jpeg under properties) and now i cant open any of my pictures.
Anybody know how i can switch them back?

Open up My Computer, go to the Tools menu, then Folder Options. There should be a tab called File Types. It'll probably take a few seonds to load, but once it loads the list of file types scroll down to the J's and change JPE, JPEG, and JPG so they all open with IE if that's what you prefer. Click on each file type (just once to highlight it, not a double-click) and the details will show in the bottom half of the window. There should be a Change button - click that and select the program you want as the default for that file type.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 28, 2004 11:06     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It kinda bums me out that I haven't even bothered trying to watch this. Never imagined I'd be apathetic about Voivod.

Maybe I need to start www.voivodnostalgists.com.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 28, 2004 13:18       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for you help Meg but you lost me.I opened My Computer and i dont see any Tool Menu or Folder Options.
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 28, 2004 18:23     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When you open My Computer (double-click, not right-click), at the very top there should be File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help. Click Tools and it'll pop down a short list. Folder Options is at the bottom of that list. You don't have a Tools menu?

Hmf. What operating system do you use? I'm assuming you've got Windows something since you use Internet Explorer. Try this: click Start, go up to Settings, then Control Panel. There should be a Folder Options icon in there. (If you've got Windows XP, make sure you're in Classic View, not Category View - Category View sucks, it's a pain in the ass to find anything.) Open the Folder Options (double-click it), and the File Types tab should be there.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 28, 2004 22:23       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
o.k. i found "Folder Options" & "File Type" but thats as far as i got.There are no jpeg items under file type.No j's at all.

now what?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 28, 2004 22:38     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thread is going nowhere fast.

Strange, my 14 month old son seems to think this flash animation is the greatest thing since Teletubbies. He laughs hysterically everytime I play it for him (like 20 times now)

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 29, 2004 08:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe Away should ask Helldriver for a few tips?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 29, 2004 09:32     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
o.k. i found "Folder Options" & "File Type" but thats as far as i got.There are no jpeg items under file type.No j's at all.

now what?

Have you tried rebooting? If your computer no longer recognizes .jpg's as a file type, your problem is deeper than I can handle. No idea, sorry.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan