my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » audio format not supported Mpeg audio layer

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: audio format not supported Mpeg audio layer
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 23, 2004 17:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am trying to rip a DVD from an old concert that i have from the guys. Someone did put the video from a concert in '88 (paris) and all i get is the warning that is mentioned before. what to do?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 23, 2004 21:20     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
are you trying to burn a dvd, ripping from a vhs tape ?

what tools are you using ?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 24, 2004 06:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have a DVD from that '88 concert that was ripped by my brother in law from a videotape i had. In order to make it accessable to you guys for download i want to upload it to my site. I need it in MPEG or AVI or something like that. Therefor i want to RIP that DVD now and i get this message. I have already tried to rip it earlier before and it didn't work out back then.

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 24, 2004 10:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like you do not have the correct audio codecs installed on you comp or they are not present on your system. during the converting to avi the audio usually gets compressed into mp3 format, if your program you use to do the conversion does not have the codecs installed it will not be able to process the audio stream.

here is an app that has all the popular audio and video codecs, its almost a necessity if your doing conversions.

AceMegaCodec D/L page

during install, you may want to select (pro) install and just scroll down to the bottom of the list and look for (Morgan Multimedia) and then unselect those 3 codecs, youll never need them and they're the only codec that adds anything to your comp and startup folder, also they seem to place a tray icon for their functions which puts my panties in a knot.

also if you are using one of those 'all-in-one' dvd ripper apps, you may not get as good a result or files sizes you may get from using 2 different steps to do the conversion.

step 1: would be to convert the dvd format (udf) into mpg2 format, which is smaller than udf but still quite large.

step 2: convert the mpg2 file to avi or any given format using (VirtualDub) which is a powerful opensource app, and better than alot of crap sold on the market. its free too at divx-digest.com.

if you need any help, let me know, im interested in seening the video too. i can host the file also as long as its not over 700mb.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 24, 2004 21:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Paul,

I recommend checking out VideoHelp.com (amazingly cool site, btw). There are all kinds of guides and free tools available there to help you get this dvd ripped to a VCD/Web ready size. Like Hatross, I'd be happy to help in any way as I am interested in seeing this too.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 25, 2004 04:13     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you all, that was just what i needed. I hope to do this before the next year so that i can send it up to you Hatross.

Voivod '88 Noord Scharwoude (1hr)
Voivod '88 Paris
Voivod '88 Atzmooz

for everybody !!!!!!

Warcorpse, i will send you the DVD as i said i would.

Happy new year to all of you...

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan