my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Voivod demos (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Voivod demos
troyvod
VoivodFan
Member # 112

posted December 22, 2004 01:57     Profile for troyvod   Email troyvod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend of mine said he had a copy of new demos for the new record. he won't copy them for me but i will be getting a listen next week. He said that so far it sounded pretty similar to the last record.
How the hell have you guys over there haven't turned up a copy of these, and someone over here has!????

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 22, 2004 02:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh fucking hell it is going to happen.
By the way, that demo thing would be a hell of a christmasgift (sorry...)

Give it to me give it to me

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 22, 2004 06:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow. Troyvod, I seem to recall that name from the old days of Yuri's site. Could well be wrong though.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 22, 2004 06:33     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Wow. Troyvod, I seem to recall that name from the old days of Yuri's site. Could well be wrong though.

He mister Mezcsalhead, posting 6:30 in the morning?. Do i sense some addiction here??
Me addicted too.....

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 22, 2004 06:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by troyvod:
[QB] He said that so far it sounded pretty similar to the last record.
QB]

Now this sucks if it turns out like troyvod says. Voivod never made two similar sounding albums. The new album defenetely needs more Piggy dissonant guitar riffing and screaming vox.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 22, 2004 07:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
maybe it's the COLLAPSE songs again that he has!!!

--------------------

yawn

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted December 22, 2004 08:07     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
The new album defenetely needs more Piggy dissonant guitar riffing and screaming vox.

Ah yessss please !!!!

--------------------

My sky is black today

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 22, 2004 10:19     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Normally I'd be thrilled about news like this, but I think I'll close my eyes and ears to that comment about these demos sounding similar to the last album.

I didn't hear that... I didn't hear that... I didn't hear that...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 22, 2004 10:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
He mister Mezcsalhead, posting 6:30 in the morning?. Do i sense some addiction here??
Me addicted too.....

Yes, Paul, a very serious problem.......

I would imagine there is a lot of pressure on this one cause it'll possibly be the last?? Let's go out with a bang fellas!!!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 22, 2004 12:21     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
maybe it's the COLLAPSE songs again that he has!!!

those demos dont sound like the last VoiVod release, so it cant be.

just a few notes in some samples from the guys and i'll be straight, where are these demos again and who has them ???

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted December 22, 2004 13:15     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Troyvod whats up dude ??down under???

I am sure like a lot of people want a heavy voivod record...NO??

A few years back,Riff master P was writing stuff like TOOL.Away was in his FOO FIGHTER PHASE.I was saying hey wait a minute...How about another TRIBAL CONVICTIONS...???
or Ravenous medicine,Ripping headache like songs.....Cmon dude s show the world what the fuck heavy is NO???
Just my 2 cents
ERIC

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 22, 2004 13:35     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EFORCE:
How about another TRIBAL CONVICTIONS.
or Ravenous medicine,Ripping headache like songs.....

FUCKING A!

merry x-mas man \m/

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 22, 2004 14:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Troyvod whats up dude ??down under???

A few years back,Riff master P was writing stuff like TOOL.Away was in his FOO FIGHTER PHASE.I was saying hey wait a minute...How about another TRIBAL CONVICTIONS...???
or Ravenous medicine,Ripping headache like songs.....Cmon dude s show the world what the fuck heavy is NO???
Just my 2 cents
ERIC

Ahhhh...very interesting perspective here...Hahaha.."Away was in his Foo Fighter phase."

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 22, 2004 15:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Dude, Phobos is so heavy it broke my CD rack!

But yes, heavier would be great. And guitar solos for the love of Clapton!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

troyvod
VoivodFan
Member # 112

posted December 22, 2004 22:18     Profile for troyvod   Email troyvod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I reckon Eric would know who would have a copy of them down here...i'm not going to say.
I would wanna hear something heavy again.
I will get a chance to hear them in the next few days and will tell you what the deal is.
cheers
have a good holiday....

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 22, 2004 23:11     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Just my 2 cents
ERIC

c o m p a d r e

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 22, 2004 23:13     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The new album defenetely needs more Piggy dissonant guitar riffing and screaming vox.

and...

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 23, 2004 16:48     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope they will do something out there.....

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 23, 2004 16:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Post, Post, Post, Post, Post, Post like last time when we got the multiverse. It sounded badly because of bitrate or some \thing like that i cannot remember. Who posted that bach then for the first time?
I played it over and over.....

And i will do that with the fucking next if that ever showes up here.....

please...........................................

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 23, 2004 21:49     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm glad to see that you're on OUR side Eric!!!

Just to let you know that if it wasn't for you and your influence, we probably wouldn't have those "well-oiled-machines" that are called: "Negatron" and "Phobos"...cheers to you brother!

*btw, I couldn't imagine anyone else doing the "Snake-era" songs justice like you did!*
(and the Blacky-era songs as well, oops! )

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted December 23, 2004 22:28     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow. cool to hear E-Force throw his two bits in on this topic. I love Negatron and Phobos. Especially the different singing style Eric brought to the band, and the sound effects and scary souding guitaring, which I still consider the real Voivod sound from the beginning. Just like the mood creating sound effects before "Voivod" and "Korgull the Exterminator" for example.

When I heard the latest release, it sounded okay but I like when the band goes in one definite direction. Self-Titled sounds like a bit of metal but mixed with punk and catchy sounding hard rockish stuff. I'm hoping the "california dreams (all black)" hidden track is a prelude to a dark and scary and alien outer-space sounding power metal record, similar to Phobos i spose. screw the mainstream audience, lets see VOIVOD WITH BALLS!!! :P

--------------------

We're Not Alone, Welcome Aboard

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted December 24, 2004 06:20     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, lets put it this way.....

I am sure the next 1 will kick ass despite wheather it is heavy or psychadelic or what ever. Those guys are professional s lets not forget that....

But if it is not heavy enough for you you can always give the next E-FORCE/P:FF a listen....Becase they WILL be both Heavy as FUCK....In a crushing way.No worries trust me.....Lets see what happens.
cheers
ERIC

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 24, 2004 08:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Well, lets put it this way.....

I am sure the next 1 will kick ass despite wheather it is heavy or psychadelic or what ever. Those guys are professional s lets not forget that....

But if it is not heavy enough for you you can always give the next E-FORCE/P:FF a listen....Becase they WILL be both Heavy as FUCK....In a crushing way.No worries trust me.....Lets see what happens.
cheers
ERIC

Hi Eric, i wonder if your band will be selling your merchandise during the concert ???
If so i'll fucking buy every cd and a t-shirt for certain....

--------------------

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted December 25, 2004 22:38     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Merch?????
fuckin right dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
et loud music too!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers
ERIC

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 30, 2004 03:39     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by troyvod:
A friend of mine said he had a copy of new demos for the new record. he won't copy them for me but i will be getting a listen next week. He said that so far it sounded pretty similar to the last record.
How the hell have you guys over there haven't turned up a copy of these, and someone over here has!????

And?.... have you heard it already??
Don't keep us waiting if you do not have to, Please.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan