my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Belew / Claypool / Carey sideproject

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Belew / Claypool / Carey sideproject
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 21, 2004 10:29     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.murple.com/media/adrianbelew-sideoneteaser.mp3

It's only a taster, but it's got me interested.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2004 13:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually that's a teaser for his solo cd that is coming out in January. The project with Claypool & Carey is a separate release. The teaser is for the released titled SIDE ONE, with SIDE TWO and SIDE THREE to follow later in the year. It reminds me of his OP ZOP TOO WAH cd, which is probably my fav Belew solo disc. It has a Crimson touch in many places.

Here's Adrians release sheet from his site:
claypool/carey recordings: scheduled for new solo release.

new solo electric release: 3 discs complete. disc 1 (SIDE ONE) coming january 25, 2005.

dust (collection of rarities): on hold

adrian belew art: in progress

the bears dvd: now available [more info]

the new bears studio release: spring 2005

king crimson: began rehearsing/recording in september '04

I'm totally bummed about the DUST box set being put on hold. It was to span his entire carreer, and be packed with lots of unreleased and rare material. I'm hoping for a new KC release in 2005!!!! Levin is back and it should be another monster.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 21, 2004 14:35     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, thanks for the link H! This is some pretty eclectic stuff (big suprise from Belew, heheh ). What a nutball of a guitarist! Can't wait for more Crimson!!!

Hey, this is a bit off topic, but anybody know if there are any plans to release any retro-Crimson dvds? Or if any old footage, circa 1969-1974, even exists? Just the mention of Crimson has me wondering. Those Collector's Club releases are primo and dvd-equivalents would prompt me to empty my bank account..

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 21, 2004 15:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second that retro dvd question XD. Everytime I'm in the cdshop staring at dvds I wonder...hmm....is Old Crimson out there? So David.....??
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2004 16:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a shit load of of various KC naterial on vhs, that covers stuff from 69 - 82. There has been talk for years about releasing a comp dvd, but still nothing yet. I have all the collectors clud cds and they are all amazing... but a dvd would be every KC fans wet dream. My video is in storage but when I get into my new house, get unpacked, get my equipment hooked up, I'll work on creating a dvd of the material and weed it out to you guys who would like it. The quality varies, obviously, but it well worth viewing until an official resease comes out. Fripp ownes ALL the rights to everything now, so I'm hoping (still) he releases all this footage.

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted December 21, 2004 19:26     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds extremely good. I might consider that one. And of course the Belew/Claypool project (who's Carey?) which will surely be a blast... two of the world's most original rock musicians together -- fuck yeah!

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2004 20:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
danny carey from none other than TOOL!!!!!
drummer!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 21, 2004 21:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I have a shit load of of various KC naterial on vhs, that covers stuff from 69 - 82. There has been talk for years about releasing a comp dvd, but still nothing yet. I have all the collectors clud cds and they are all amazing... but a dvd would be every KC fans wet dream. My video is in storage but when I get into my new house, get unpacked, get my equipment hooked up, I'll work on creating a dvd of the material and weed it out to you guys who would like it. The quality varies, obviously, but it well worth viewing until an official resease comes out. Fripp ownes ALL the rights to everything now, so I'm hoping (still) he releases all this footage.

I found this at Wayside Music:

King Crimson
Title: Neal and Jack and Me DVD

What can you tell me about this Schroed??? Its the eighties band with Fripp, Belew, Levin, and Bruford playing.
Man, this is tough...tossup between that and a documentary on John Zorn.....

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2004 22:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's both videos of live performances that were originally released on vhs years ago with some extra goodies and improved sound. Of course I have it and it's great. Here's the details from DGM:

Brand new DVD of King Crimson in the 1980's. Showcasing one of the defining live acts of the period. As Robert Fripp puts it "Records and live performance are two worlds. One is a love letter, the other a hot date. Crimson were always the band for a hot date."

These two concerts offer different and contrasting snapshots of the 80's Crimson: Live in Frejus, heavily featuring material from the album Beat and filmed on tour in Europe with Roxy Music; and Three of a Perfect Pair showcasing the band's triumphant 1984 Japanese performances.

Three Of A Perfect Pair - Live in Japan 1984

Track Listing:
Three Of A Perfect Pair
No Warning
Larks' Tongues In Aspic Part III
Thela Hun Ginjeet
Frame By Frame
Matte Kudasai
Industry
Dig Me
Indiscipline
Satori In Tangier
Man With An Open Heart
Waiting Man
Sleepless
Larks' Tongues In Aspic Part II
Elephant Talk
Heartbeat

The Noise - Live in Frejus 1982

Track Listing:
Waiting Man
Matte Kudasai
The Sheltering Sky
Neil And Jack And Me
Indiscipline
Heartbeat
Larks' Tongues In Aspic Part II

DVD Extras: Sleepless video - Tony's Road Photos - Discography

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 21, 2004 23:29     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds very cool! I will be watching for that one and the Claypool thing for sure. Thanks for posting.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted December 22, 2004 12:51     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys, let's not forget the relevance and power of today's Crimson. The Eyes Wide Open DVD is should also be coveted. There's some strong playing going on in their last tour!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 22, 2004 20:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
Hey guys, let's not forget the relevance and power of today's Crimson. The Eyes Wide Open DVD is should also be coveted. There's some strong playing going on in their last tour!

FUCKIN' A bro!!!! And DEJA VROOOM was the reason I bought a dvd player in the first place. The double trio configuration of KC was a monster of mythological proportions!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 30, 2004 22:10     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Dave, I bought Neal and Jack the other day and watched the first three songs. DUDE! The music is incredible but you did not warn me(I forgot about the timeperiod)about the incredibly tasteless clothing worn by the band. What was up with Adrian's pants??? Like he was a Berber warrior or something.. And Levin looked like a bouncer for a gay club. I laughed hysterically through the first song...and then said wow...I wish I had drugs for this.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 31, 2004 04:37     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll never forget David Bowie's tour stop in Tacoma, WA back in 1990, where was the guitarist.....what an incredible night!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 31, 2004 07:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Hey Dave, I bought Neal and Jack the other day and watched the first three songs. DUDE! The music is incredible but you did not warn me(I forgot about the timeperiod)about the incredibly tasteless clothing worn by the band. What was up with Adrian's pants??? Like he was a Berber warrior or something.. And Levin looked like a bouncer for a gay club. I laughed hysterically through the first song...and then said wow...I wish I had drugs for this.

I didn't want to ruin the excitement for ya , Mez!!!

I have a hard time watching them during that time period, but there's no denying the music is timeless. If you want a really good laugh, watch the video for HEARTBEAT!!! KC's ridiculas attempt at MTV video, and a commercial song... I think they learned A LOT from that disaster.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan