my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Queen touring with Paul Rodgers on vox

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Queen touring with Paul Rodgers on vox
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 17, 2004 09:08     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or so the rumours say. To me, Rodgers is the best singer the planet has ever seen, but is that bluesy rasp gonna fit Bohemian Rhapsody?
I'll be paying to find out!
Besides, it's quiet at work and I haven't started a thread here in aeons!

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 17, 2004 10:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that Paul Rodgers of Bad Co.?
Now maybe, if this is true, you'll have to post this in the other thread regarding Big Shoe Filling. Or whatever.

Is there any vocalist out there who sounds even vaguely as good as Freddy?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 17, 2004 13:41     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cronos comes close, but you do have to be pissed out of your mind to 'see it'.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 17, 2004 14:25     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh? I love Paul Rodgers!! If it's true then they should at least throw in one Bad Company song...and it should be Seagull
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 17, 2004 14:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Cronos comes close, but you do have to be pissed out of your mind to 'see it'.

I hereby give you permission to take me to that state of mind then, Em.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted December 17, 2004 15:40     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Freddys Dead = Queens Dead . . . .
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 17, 2004 22:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend emailed me about this a few days ago and we all agreed it's hands down one of the worst combinations in rock history. Rogers has nothing remotely worthwhile to add to QUEEN, he just doesn't fit that band. It makes no sense at all. Hell, the band would be better off going out as a trio and singing the tunes themselves, they did it for years singing backup and lead, why not continue as a threesome since Mercury would be impossible to replace and still sound like Queen.

Although, they can always do what Judas Priest did and find somebody who is fronting a Queen cover band and give him the chance of a lifetime.

I honestly can't think of one singer in recorded rock history that could (or should) take Freddie's place.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 17, 2004 22:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, it would be interesting to hear someone like Rob Halford sing with Queen.I think that would be pretty fuckin heavy and cool. It would certainly give them a different sound but I think it could work.

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 10, 2005 15:52     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NP: Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen w/Paul Rodgers

...not bad...I never liked this song, but I liked this version. The crowd was loving it there at the end. Have any of you heard anything else? Like Bohemian Rhapsody?

homerj742
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 600

posted August 11, 2005 23:07     Profile for homerj742   Email homerj742     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Queen is one of my favorite bands ever. But I don't find this combination appealing. Its not bad, I'm sure some queen songs will sound good with him singing.

Atleast they ain't trying to get a Freddie Mercury "clone" if there is such a thing.

Queen = one of the most unique and talented bands. Each member offered an amazing unique set of talents.

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 11, 2005 23:19       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
listen and judge for yourself.
http://www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com/

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 12, 2005 07:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I listened to a bunch of sound clips...

They just DO NOT sound right to

I'd rather hear someone who has the same range as Freddy did, not someone who makes them sound like a bad cover version of themselves. Rodgers has a typical low end bluesy voice... which just does not fit with QUEEN.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan