my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Tarrat Song!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Tarrat Song!
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted December 16, 2004 23:25     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry if this has been posted already:
there's a clip of a new tarrat song "one reason" at
http://www.chophouserecords.com/diaries/chr_diary.php

It's actually very good! Well, there's some female vocals overdubbed on top, but the music is amazing, I think.
They want you to e-mail feedback at
feedback@chophouserecords.com

I love the production values--just pretty chill, live, unembellished sounding. Hopefully they release some music like this. I like it better than the Voivod-s/t--this has a nice guitar solo and melodic bass line towards the end, they need to do more improvisation like this. Everything on voivod s/t had a kind of rushed, "this is a song" type of feel, very chorus verse chorus. On this, they're just kind of playing, and playing very well...

|  IP: Logged
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted December 16, 2004 23:42     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also really like the production values on this, they've got to make an album that sounds like this--everything sounds really natural. Natural bass, guitar, drums, like they all just plugged in their instruments and statred playing. Like they walked into a guitar center and started playing on whatever instrument they picked up. Not too many effects, just amped instruments, natural sounding drums, nothing sounds too weird or heavy or unnatural in the recording. It's like if they went to someone's house and played someone else's instruments--perfect. The production on too many of their albums, the self-titled album, Phobos, Angel Rat, etc.--sometimes it's too unnatural for me. Phobos was too unnaturally raw, too "forcedly" raw and heavy sounding, the self titled was a little overproduced and too forcedly "loud" and the bass was hard to hear, Negatron just was produced too weirdly/industrially, Angel Rat had too much reverb on EVERYTHING, etc.
Here, it's just...a band playing good music recorded naturally!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 17, 2004 02:38     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New? Heh, this was posted in March.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 17, 2004 22:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANX, downloading it now. Don't know where I was for the 9 months this has been floating around.

--------------------

yawn

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted December 17, 2004 23:51     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's funny--I missed this too, don't know how
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 19, 2004 16:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could anyone make a MP3 out of this please?
This would be very nice.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan