my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Best Show you've been to this year??? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Best Show you've been to this year???
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 16, 2004 17:19     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ministry
Slayer
Napalm Death
Alice Cooper
SUFFOCATION/DYING FETUS
Exhumed the most brutal show I ever seen !!!
PLASTIQUE BERTRAND (I'm not kidding)
Goat Horn / Rammer / Infernal Majesty

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 16, 2004 18:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD 30 december 2004

013 Tilburg !!!!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 17, 2004 02:37     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Death Angel in July, they played only for around 60 minutes but it was pure bliss from the start to the end!! Very tight playing, and excellent stage performance overall!

Oh, and Vialka supporting Acid Mothers Temple & The Flying Paraiso U.F.O., that was pretty cool too.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted December 17, 2004 14:48     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Psychedelic Furs

or

The Church

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted December 18, 2004 05:00     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Did they really play three hours?!?!

Yessss! (nearly)

They had such fun to play their masterpieces -incredible! Beside breakers like

Oh No! Bruno!,
Dad
Rags and Bones
Victory
Now
Sex Mad
Two Lips

they also played seldom and great tracks like

Every Day I Start To Ooze
Mary
The Fall
No Sex
Some Bodies
Long Days

and younger material like

Angel Or Devil
Victim's Choice
I Can't Stop Talking
Hello/Goodbye.

One song I dig for the first time: The Graveyard Shift a very long and total mind blasting version. This is one of the best things that can happen on concerts: You understand songs, you never liked before and from that moment you love them forever.

They played a lot songs more, I can't remember. I just remember, they gave four (!) encores. Simply brilliant

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted December 18, 2004 05:24     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One concert this year reminds me again how small metal in public is.

Friends take me to a gig from Nouvelle Vague. They only cover New Wave hits in a bossa nova style. Just two guitars and two nice looking french female singer. The whole performance was pretty, but nothing more. Often I got the feeling, the four musicians show how do they play music in their holiday time.

The concert takes only a little bit more than one hour. They played one song (Just can't get enough from Depeche Mode) two times, because they hadn't more material.

Now comes the link to metal: Anthrax. When they were in town, they played over two hours material from several albums, they rocked, they gave everything. How many fans were there? 40? 50? Not more.

How many people were by Nouvelle Vague? 300? 350? The gig was totally sold out. I mean, compare a big old band like Anthrax to a band like NV, which only plays covers, has no drummer and only one album. Ok they have two chicks, but..

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 18, 2004 10:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cube, I'm really surprised by that. This was in Berlin right? Wow! That sounds like an American type concert situation. I always believed that if it wasn't for Europe and Japan, metal would sink like a stone.

I am proud of the fact that at the Napalm show, the Masquerade was packed with metalheads. I'm guessing around two hundred which is a lot for that place. There were even a couple chicks in the mosh pit.

Edge Of Sanity
VoivodFan
Member # 517

posted December 19, 2004 04:21     Profile for Edge Of Sanity   Email Edge Of Sanity     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kimeara ( death/doom metal)
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 19, 2004 04:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Toss up between Siouxsie and the Banshees or Slayer w/Mastodon

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 28, 2004 20:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just before the year was about to end, I headed up to Baltimore MOnday to see the always incredible GOV'T MULE!!!!

I haven't seen the MULE since Woody died and really haven't been thrilled by what they have released since his death. Thev've gone from being a very unique band with a sound of their own to a band who sounds a lot like the Allman Bros, and all the other jam bands, thanks to the addition of a permanent keyboard player. However, GOVT MULE still stand head and shoulders above all these other bands thanks to the 2 main guys Warren (I don't know what to do if I'm not playing a guitar 365 days a year) Haynes & Matt (drummer extrodiaire) Abts.

As usual they played their asses off and between 2 sets of songs from their new cd, some Mule classics and some great covers and a special guest on sax, Halloway, they jammed for about 3 1/2 hours. A great night was had by all and I'm glad I didn't end the year without seeing at least one show worth mentioning.

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted December 29, 2004 02:03     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Four letter Canadian band starting with R and ending with H. Bell Centre, Montréal, Aug. 21. Other but way less memorable highlights include Iron Maiden and Quo Vadis.

Cannibal Corpse sucked royally.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted December 29, 2004 05:29     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Graspop fest..........

Judas Priest/Alice Cooper/Testament/Exodus/C.O.B./Motorhead/Dimmu/Destruction/Nikki Sixx s shit band/Anthrax/Therion/just to name a few....

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted December 29, 2004 08:19     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well ...

SUFFOCATION (three times and always fantastic !!!)
DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN (aaarggghh !!)
MESSHUGAH
UNIVERS ZERO (excellent !)
SLAYER (still reigning !!)

--------------------

My sky is black today

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 29, 2004 10:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Eman, where was the best place you ever played with the Vod? The Lives album kicks major ass...sorry I missed the Eric years...
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 29, 2004 10:35     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
Yessss! (nearly)

Victory

Every Day I Start To Ooze

I Can't Stop Talking

They could play these three songs only and I'd almost be satisfied, but I can't wait to see them play a full set....hopefully 3 hours....nearly! Thanks for the news

Now playing? I Can't Stop Talking!!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted December 29, 2004 10:40     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Therion Strasbourg, Fra 11/12/04

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 29, 2004 10:57     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OZZFEST '04' Bristol, VA.

blood-sweat-flying bodies-alcohol induced madness-wall of death.

RUSH '04' Bristol, VA.

almost takes the cake for the quality of the show.

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted December 29, 2004 14:57     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mezcalhead.....

with IRON MAIDEN ed hunter tour 99 in Montreal!!!!!!!!

Dynamo 96 was way too cool also....avec Venom/slayer to name a few...
cheers
ERIC

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 29, 2004 15:55     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DIO - Estadio Víctor Jara - August 24th
Killer set, the little man is a real MONSTER!!!!
http://www.rockaxis.com/exclusiva359.html
MORBID ANGEL - Teatro Providencia - September 7th
Also, killer set and great performance...
http://www.rockaxis.com/exclusiva362.html

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted December 30, 2004 04:17     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EFORCE:
Dynamo 96 was way too cool also....avec Venom/slayer to name a few...
cheers
ERIC

aaaargh!!!
so you shook hands with Cronos???

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted December 30, 2004 07:22     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO.....
But I heared that some one got Cronos s fist in their face at the hotel where most of the bands were staying...ha ha...So Ihered....When we arrived at the fest. we saw 3 limos crusing around for hrs....We were thinking who the fuck is that...Then some 1 said it is VENOM!!!!!!!!
but of course....

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted December 30, 2004 07:48     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EFORCE:
NO.....
But I heared that some one got Cronos s fist in their face at the hotel where most of the bands were staying...ha ha...So Ihered....When we arrived at the fest. we saw 3 limos crusing around for hrs....We were thinking who the fuck is that...Then some 1 said it is VENOM!!!!!!!!
but of course....

I can't imagine VENOM in limousine, for me when I think VENOM I think MAntas in leather on his big motorbike or Cronos in a pentagram invoking Satan !!!

I know it was more than 20 years ago but ...

--------------------

My sky is black today

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 30, 2004 11:01     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Neverman:

so you shook hands with Cronos???

I'd like to shake more than that..

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 02, 2005 11:22     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Therion was great, and so were DAAU, Orodruin, Penance, While Heaven Wept, Melvins, and, and, and...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted January 03, 2005 01:27     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gwar
Dying Fetus
All That Remains
October 9th in Albuquerque,NM. Each band dedicated a song to Dimebag. Killer show!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan