my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Best Show you've been to this year??? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Best Show you've been to this year???
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 15, 2004 17:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For me it was two weeks ago:

NAPALM FUCKING DEATH!!!!!!!!!

Holy hell, compared to the other bands(cannibal c, macabre, kataklysm)...they totally OWNED that stage. Don't know if it was just pure talent, better sound, more experience.....what?...they didn't flinch one bit and the crowd was totally engaged from start to finish. Operating completely at a 10 while the other groups could barely manage at 5. Also I can tell you ND fans out there...I heard the title track for the new album and its a crusher. No fear of slacking off there. And to top it off, Barney shook the hands of everybody in the front...which meant a lot to people like me who'd broke their back to get there to see'em. I wasn't a very big fan of theres before this gig, but I am now. Only group who had that effect on me in a live situation was Mastodon.

So how about you guys?

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 15, 2004 18:03     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Musta been Dream Theater.

3 Hours of Music.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 15, 2004 18:11     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anata in February. For a frankly unfair 25 minute set, they fucking crushed.
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted December 15, 2004 18:16     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eat Your Make Up
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 15, 2004 18:21     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vital Remains

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 15, 2004 18:31     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willie Nelson.

seriously.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 15, 2004 19:24       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Prong at Alrosa Villa of all places.
IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 15, 2004 19:55     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hard call, I have seen many great shows this year. I'll go with Mastodon, because not only was the band incredible, but I got to hang out with X-D for a few hours, which was cool!

Opeth w/ Moonspell (I think that was this year, wasn't it in January?), Skinny Puppy, Satyricon (opening for Morbid Angel - completely stole the show though), and RUSH round out the top five. In no particular order after #1.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 15, 2004 20:13     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ministry. Fucking excellent show.

Into Eternity back in January (I think) was also killer. Cryptopsy this summer was also kick-ass.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted December 15, 2004 20:19     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mastodon @ Little Brothers - Columbus, OH 11/8/04
Judas Priest - Ozzfest date
Solace @ Emissions 5 - Youngstown, OH

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted December 15, 2004 20:25     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ministry with Hantzel und Gretyl.

GWAR with All that Remains. Dying Fetus couldn't make it across the border though. Boo!

Both good shows at Red's in West Edmonton Mall (of all the places)

--------------------

We're Not Alone, Welcome Aboard

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 15, 2004 20:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Given that i've only seen 3 gigs this year (all three within 2 weeks in july, too), i'd have to say all three of 'um.

Infernal Majesty
Violent Femmes
Mononc' Serge & Anonumus.

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted December 15, 2004 20:37     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NoMeansNo, Berlin

some of the best 3 hours this year - perfect

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 15, 2004 21:06     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
NoMeansNo

"THE TOWER!!!"

Awesome song!

For me, Joan Jett was pretty cool, I hadn't seen her play since '83...she can still ROCK like the best of 'em!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 15, 2004 21:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK!!!! aside from seeing the 2 German guys from Centrozoon improv for an hour and a half, a few weeks ago, I don't think I saw another show all year!!! The show was interesting but nothing to go crazy or write a review over.

What a lousy fuckin year, for me!!! No great concerts, I got divorced... fuck 2004... 2005 has got to be better!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 15, 2004 21:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It will for you and me both:

KREATOR
DEATH ANGEL
VADER
4-03-2005 BB Kings New York City, NY

4-04-2005 Webster Theater Hartford, CT

4-05-2005 The Palladium Worcester, MA

4-06-2005 Trocadero Philadelphia , PA

4-07-2005 Thunderdome Baltimore,MD

4-08-2005 The Chance Poughkeepsie , NY

4-09-2005 Medley Montreal, QUE

4-10-2005 Opera House Toronto, Ont

4-11-2005 House Of Blues Cleveland, OH

4-12-2005 House of Blues Chicago, Il

4-13-2005 Ascot Room Minniapolis, MN

4-14-2005 travel

4-15-2005 Aggie Theater Fort Collins, CO

4-16-2005 Bluebird Theater Denver, CO

4-17-2005 Lo Fi Café Salt Lake city, UT

4-18-2005 travel

4-19-2005 Studio Seven Seattle, WA

4-20-2005 Roseland Grill Portland, OR

4-21-2005 The Boardwalk Orangevale, CA

4-22-2005 The Pound at Pier 98 San Francisco, CA

4-23-2005 House Of Blues Los Angeles, CA

4-24-2005 House Of Blues Anaheim, CA

4-25-2005 The Mason Jar Phoenix, AZ

4-26-2005 The Rock Tuscon, AZ

4-27-2005 travel

4-28-2005 Launch Pad Albuquerque, NM

4-29-2005 Sanctuary San Antonio, TX

4-30-2005 Trees Dallas, TX

5-01-2005 Exit INN Nashville, TN

5-02-2005

5-03-2005

5-04-2005

5-05-2005 The Masquerade Tampa, FL

5-06-2005 The Masquerade Atlanta, GA

5-07-2005 Jesters Pub Fayetteville , NC

5-08-2005 Jaxx West Springfield, VA

5-10-2005 Northern Lights Clifton Park , NY

5-11-2005 Downtown Farmingdale, NY

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 15, 2004 21:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, did you ever go see Goatwhore (NOT Goat Horn, haha)?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted December 15, 2004 23:38     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gotta go with luna on this one.
Vital remains!
Dave was the coolest! We got to hang out with him before and after the show. He drank alot before he played. He hit every fuckin' note on his solos! Gwar was pretty fuckin' awesome too. Last time I saw them was back in 1997. Still has to be Vital Remains. Aint that right luna?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 16, 2004 09:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
Mez, did you ever go see Goatwhore (NOT Goat Horn, haha)?

Yeah they were supposed to play at the ND show I mentioned. Thought I read somewhere though they broke up or were on "hiatus".

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 16, 2004 10:33     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
NoMeansNo

Damn! I have to wait until MAY Did they really play three hours?!?!

I didn't get to many shows this year.....but Death Angel fucking rocked! And I'm with Greg on the Priest set at OzzFest. Very fucking cool

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 16, 2004 10:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
.....but Death Angel fucking rocked!

oops! Forgot about that killer show. Glad we saw a long set of theirs. I have a feeling they won't be playing as much tunes on the Kreator/Vader tour.

I'll throw in Black Sabbath because they are fucking Metal Gods!!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 16, 2004 10:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

KREATOR
DEATH ANGEL
VADER

4-28-2005 Launch Pad Albuquerque, NM

I love Joe Anderson.

--------------------

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 16, 2004 10:56     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obituary
Dillinger Escape Plan
Napalm Death

Looking forward to the Napalmgig this sunday. It's going to be a blast.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 16, 2004 13:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Napalm Death + opening acts at Led Slay, São Paulo, Brazil, May 15th. Killer show, probably the last from the "Order" tour.

But then, it was the only show I went to this year.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted December 16, 2004 14:23     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Given that i've only seen 3 gigs this year (all three within 2 weeks in july, too), i'd have to say all three of 'um.

Infernal Majesty
Violent Femmes
Mononc' Serge & Anonumus.

We just can't do better in Quebec city. There is no interesting show except the big ones (metallica...)

Pas vrai l'Empereur ? Entk, j'ai manqué ces show là, pis à part de ça y'avait à peu près rien (mis à part Slayer). Faut aller à Mourial sinon

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan