my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » shooting at DamagePlan concert-3 people killed (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: shooting at DamagePlan concert-3 people killed
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 09, 2004 11:34     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A really nice picture on Zakk Wylde's site.

quote:
Got this from a guy who apparently knows someone in the Damageplan camp. I haven't read all the comments, so sorry if someone's already put this here. Darrell survived the shooting initially, but bled to death about an hour later. He took five shots to the gut at point-blank range. Also, his bodyguard and a bouncer were killed, and the fucknut who did the shooting was killed by a cop. Also, Bobzilla and a tour manager were shot, but they're alive. He didn't say what condition they were in, though. So the reports of Vinnie getting killed are false, if this is true.
I have no way to confirm any of this, but the guy I got it from had no reason to lie, and he's been right about everything else so far.

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 09, 2004 12:09     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So Vinnie's ok.

Someone mentioned that Dimebag, at least, died on stage, doing what he liked most. But what a waste.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 09, 2004 12:33     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having mixed reports, but the vocalist is possibly dead, or the bassist.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 09, 2004 12:44     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read it was Pat the vocalist. Can't confirm that, tho. Lots of contradictory reports.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 09, 2004 12:45     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pat was shot in the leg, but survived.
Vic their tour manager is apparently dead, however.

I cant get Blabbermouth to load, either.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 09, 2004 12:51     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I cant get Blabbermouth to load, either.

I can. Here's the latest:

None of the other DAMAGEPLAN bandmembers were hurt in the Columbus, Ohio shooting incident that resulted in the death of the group's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell, a source close to the band has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Meanwhile, several people that have had conversations with Dimebag's former PANTERA bandmate, singer Philip Anselmo (currently in SUPERJOINT RITUAL), early this morning are reporting that the frontman is "devastated" by the news of Dimebag's death.

Although several web sites have reported that the alleged gunman, 25-year-old Nathan Gale of nearby Marysville, Ohio, hopped onstage, and allegedly made a comment about PANTERA's breakup before firing at close range into Darrell's body, Columbus police have not been able to confirm this.

Amateur video was taken from inside the Alrosa Villa nightclub and investigators were examining the tape to see if they could determine the events that led to the shootings.

There were no Columbus police officers inside the club due to a policy that prohibits officers from working inside liquor establishments. Alrosa Villa management was in charge of the building's security.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 09, 2004 13:04     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it seeems to be trend, the concept that fans have a kind of ownership over people in the spotlight. the same kind of mind set could be seen at the pacers game fight, people thinking that because they're fans they have the right to stir shit up when things aren't going the way they would like. it's pretty fucked up.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 09, 2004 13:17       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah i agree its pretty fucked up and to be living in the city it happened aint so great either.Definately too many dumb rednecks here and that was a cool club that may get shut down now.

IP: Logged
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 09, 2004 13:22     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a news seen on Blabbermouth december 1st:
quote:
Philip Anselmo:
"I think, more or less, it lies between Dimebag and I. There was never a point when he could not get drunk. Which was pretty much every day. And now I'm hearing it's worse than ever.
"He would attack me, vocally. And just knowing that he was so much smaller than me I could kill him like a fuckin' piece of vapor, you know, he would turn into vapor — his chin would, at least, if I fuckin' smacked it. And he knows that. The world should know that. So physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely.

...Maybe the gunman took this one too seriously!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 09, 2004 14:24     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend just mailed me about this...can't say anything else at the moment than rest in peace Dimebag. I feel so sorry.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 09, 2004 14:32     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
And another thing, anyone else notice that this happened on teh same date of John Lennon's assassination? What a morbid coincidence.

Here's a mugshot of Lennon's killer: HERE

Here's one of Dime's killer: HERE

Weird.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 09, 2004 15:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Creepy.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 09, 2004 17:08     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the whole thing is too fucking bizarre.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 09, 2004 17:16     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad and scary.

All of us here are all too familiar with the idea of going to a show and having a good time. Whoever Damageplan is, it is a very, very sad story and I feel for all friends and family of those who are now gone.

It reminds me of the fire that killed all those people in Rhode Island at the Great White concert. I guess no matter where you go you just never know what's going to happen, but fuck, live music is supposed to be fun....not deadly, dammit!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 09, 2004 17:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
...live music is supposed to be fun....not deadly, dammit!!!

uh-oh...I'll be heading out to see Gwar tonight...deadly? I hope not. Bloody? Yes.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 09, 2004 17:33     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is too sad. I never was a big Pantera fan, but Dimebag was a great guitarist.

It's hard to believe shit like this is happening in our 'civilized' western world, yet it's getting worse and worse.

R.I.P. to the victims. Rot In Hell to the killer and all low-life losers...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 09, 2004 18:33       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
local columbus news update

5 people are dead.Dime Bag,A band emlpoyee(possiblely the tour manager),the shooter and two fans.
there are also two people still in the hospital.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 09, 2004 18:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still blown away by this, and couldn't get it out of my mind all day at work.

I enjoyed Cowboys From Hell when it was released and consider Vulgar Display Of Power a milestone in metal history. Brilliant fuckin album from start to finish.

Lucky the cop killed that fucker before any more innocent lives were taken.

I just saw on the news that the gunman was an ex-marine. Good ole Government training!!!

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 09, 2004 20:19     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched the homevideo "3:Watch It Go" tonight with a friend and some beers.

I had to.

WTOS (out of Maine.. right across the border from me) kept playing Pantera all day and with people phonin' in. I thought that was nice.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 09, 2004 20:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Totally insane. Yes, and very glad they shot the dumb bastard.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 09, 2004 20:57     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Yes, and very glad they shot the dumb bastard.

jeez, Pantera werent that bad!

(i know what you meant. im glad they shot the fucker, too)

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 09, 2004 22:41     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
WTOS (out of Maine.. right across the border from me) kept playing Pantera all day and with people phonin' in. I thought that was nice.

I was on my way home on the bus about an hour ago here in Portland and on the marquee of the Tonic Lounge was this...

8 Ft. Tender
The Del Toros
RIP Dimebag

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 09, 2004 22:48     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might have to reach for the flamesuit on this one, but only in the US would a frustrated Pantera fan gun down the former guitar player...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! Thank God the NRA is there to fight for your right to bear arms to protect your family...

I'm so fucking angry, because off the top of my head, I can think of 500 other person who deserved to be die before Dimebag...

What a fucking waste...

This fucked up country is goind straight to hell...

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 09, 2004 23:14       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'll have to agree with this one.
ONLY IN AMERICA could countless innocent people get gunned downed every year and guns are still easy for any idiot to get.
It doesnt matter how many people get stepped on as long as people dont lose there rights to bear arms.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 09, 2004 23:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Total bullshit.

Rest In Peace Dimebag and all others killed...

And the fuckwad had to go and make metal shows seem violent (well, besides the pits).

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan