my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » shooting at DamagePlan concert-3 people killed (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: shooting at DamagePlan concert-3 people killed
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2004 23:03       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this is all over the news here in Columbus,Ohio.It just happened so all i know right now is 3 people where killed in a shooting at a local club that DamagePlan was playing at.
I just saw Prong at this club earlier this year.

IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2004 23:16       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
update 3 people dead,4 in the hospital with gun shot wounds.Someone went on stage and started shooting the band.DimeBag Darell was shot.i dont know if he is still alive.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2004 23:39       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just heard Dime Bag & Vinnie are dead.
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted December 08, 2004 23:46     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow. This club is 2 miles from my house. Freaky freaky shit.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 09, 2004 00:09     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, this is really fucked up and sad?! So Dimebag is confirmed dead? Is Vinnie realy the other band member killed? Damn, not really a Damageplan fan, but I've always dug Dimbag's playing. Funny guy too.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 09, 2004 00:24     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is fucking horrible!
Can't believe it really happen!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted December 09, 2004 00:32     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For some reason the news hasn't broken to the national news yet. Are people that apathetic that they can't get this out!?

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted December 09, 2004 00:37     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sad news indeed.
"Can't we all just get along?"-Rodney King

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 09, 2004 00:50     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Video from NBC4 HERE

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 09, 2004 00:56     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so insane. they're reporting 5 dead now. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20041208-2202-nightclubshoot.html
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted December 09, 2004 02:11     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The local news out of Oakland (KTVU) just mentioned it as breaking news. They said the lead guitarist was killed. I knew she wouldn't say dimebag.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted December 09, 2004 03:03     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nightclub.shooting/

Always loved the 2nd half of Domination.

RIP.

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 09, 2004 04:31     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://64.247.23.87/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5550

this is absolutely horrible
wtf??!
not a big fan of them but I'm devastated

R.I.P...

poochie
VoivodFan
Member # 479

posted December 09, 2004 06:11     Profile for poochie   Email poochie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went to a show in Philly a couple of weeks ago, and Baltimore last week, no patdown at all. I had on a coat too, could have brought in anything. Why does something like this have to happen for folks to go back to common-sense security checks?

RIP Dimebag.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 09, 2004 06:15       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Local morning news says Dime Bag is dead and one other band member(no name given at this time) with a total of 5 people dead.
EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted December 09, 2004 06:38     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SAD BUT TRUE........
Unfortunently Dimbag and co. got the short end of the stick.This is fucked up!!!!!!!!!
A legend getting shot,point blank???What the fuck is that about????
THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED......
Merci Darryl pour toi music et spirit.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 09, 2004 07:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
holy fuckin shit!!!!

this is horrible news to wake up to, i'm blown away. deeply saddened that this shit happened.

people are so fucked up, what the hell is wrong with society

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 09, 2004 08:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the first thing i see this morning.
I'm gutted.
That's just so wrong.

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted December 09, 2004 08:41     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, horribe day for music and even more for his friends and family. Hadn't listened to much of what he was doing since earlier Pantera days but he always had my respect talentwise and influential wise. Also know guys who had hung with him and said he was cool guy. A load of shit this went on at the show!!! RIP Dimebag
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 09, 2004 09:22     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My God! I'm really stuned. Wasn't a big Pantera fan or anything but Dimebag always seemed like a cool guy, as well as his brother Vinnie. Was Vinnie shot too?
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted December 09, 2004 09:33     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF Why?

R.I.P.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 09, 2004 10:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same here. Woke up, put the 'ol 94 Rock on...sad news being related....
Un-fucking-believable. What a crappy way to leave this world. So unnecessary. And the guy who killed these people is dead too. What a damned waste.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 09, 2004 11:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm litterally sick to my stomach over this. I cant believe this happened. Not that i was a HUGE fan, but this is such a disgusting, gratuitous, violent act. The radio just reported that the shooter was a 25 year old disgrunted fan of Pantera who was upset over the band's breakup and blamed the Abbott bros.

What a FUCKTARD!!

And another thing, anyone else notice that this happened on teh same date of John Lennon's assassination? What a morbid coincidence.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 09, 2004 11:15     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucktard, indeed!
You've gotta be kidding? Disgruntled fan? Over what? It's not as if they hung up their guitars, put away the drums and said goodbye. Or turned country....Jeez, I'm so pissed!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 09, 2004 11:15     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shocked and saddened here in Dallas.

Met V Paul at the Voivod show.
We have crossed paths before too.

My heartfelt thoughts go out to these people and theyre families.
This isnt a good Christmas at all.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan