my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » fugazi

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fugazi
druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted December 02, 2004 15:17     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
do you know Fugazi?
i've downloaded some tracks.
Fantastic.
strange punk hardcore.controlled rage.
this is the music for my feeling

|  IP: Logged
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted December 02, 2004 15:23     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of my favorites for the last 15 years. If you like Fugazi check out Mission of Burma. They were doing Fugazi type stuff in the early eighties, and they released a new record this year. All of it is really good.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 02, 2004 15:55     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool band indeed.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 03, 2004 00:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by druillet:
do you know Fugazi?
i've downloaded some tracks.
Fantastic.
strange punk hardcore.controlled rage.
this is the music for my feeling

Where did you download this? i want to check it out too.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted December 03, 2004 03:55     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fugazi visited Auckland, New Zealand 3 times to play some gigs, therefore they are possibly the best american band ever :P

If you want a good dose of their earlier stuff get the '13 Songs' album.
They haven't put out a bad album to date IMO, and the last one 'The Argument' is indeed a fine recording.

If you want to download a few songs to get an idea of what they sound like try 'Waiting Room', 'Repeater', 'Caustic Acrostic', 'Five Corporations', 'Bed For the Scraping', 'Instrument', 'Long Division', 'Full Disclosure' etc etc etc are all good.

btw, u don't have to be straight edge to listen to em :P

druillet
VoivodFan
Member # 123

posted December 04, 2004 16:58     Profile for druillet   Email druillet     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i've downloaded fugazi by winmix
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 04, 2004 20:06     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fugazi are great. I only have In On The Killtaker but it rules. Instrument is one of my all time favorite songs.
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted December 15, 2004 06:33     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all, Minor threat
after they die, Fugazi born

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted December 16, 2004 13:21     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also, check out 'Unwound'. similar aggression level.

Anyhoo, here:
http://www.transmission3000.com/bands/

Two FANTASTIC live shows from Fugazi, and a wealth of stuff from a lot of great bands.
Shellac / June of 44 / others.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 16, 2004 16:42     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Complete Fugazi-discography can be found and downloaded : HERE

Pretty fast server too.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan