my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Movie of the Year (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Movie of the Year
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 24, 2004 12:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy hell!! What is it with this year's movies. And I thought "Close Your Eyes" was amazing. Check this:

I'llSleep

Luna and everyone else on here....Order or rent this one immediately.

Perhaps the most disturbingly effective soundtrack I've ever heard...on par with The Exorcist and The Shining....I was fucking spellbound from the very beginning.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 24, 2004 13:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

Luna and everyone else on here....Order or rent this one immediately.

Yes sir!
I love it when you boss me around.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 24, 2004 16:41     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
order is in!
Have you seen Croupier?
Awesome movie.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 25, 2004 15:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never heard of it. What kind of film?
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted November 25, 2004 16:17     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should all check out The Devil's Backbone. That is if you haven't already.
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted November 26, 2004 00:28     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
You should all check out The Devil's Backbone. That is if you haven't already.

I saw it when it opened in the theathers back in 2001. It's a great horror with a background of History (i.e. Spanish Civil War). That alone makes the movie very original and the scare scenes even scarier.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 09, 2004 17:51     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh, I just re-read the info on Mike Hodges regarding I'll Sleep When I'm Dead...he also did Croupier with Mr. Creepy/Sexy, Clive Owen...have you seen it yet, Mez?

Both very moody films.
Also saw Sideways...has anyone seen this one yet? Funny & tragically sad all rolled into one whacked out story.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 09, 2004 20:16     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hero.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 30, 2004 11:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Watched The Devil's Backbone last night...wow. What a great story. The acting was superb.

I have Hero on order...but Netflix says it'll be a looooong wait. That's the Jet Li flick que no?

--------------------

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 30, 2004 11:49     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just rented 'Collateral' the other night and loved t.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 30, 2004 11:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm....I may have to say that THE BLIND SWORDSMAN knocks I'LL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD to number two. Has anybody seen this??? Like Hero, minus the fantasy and special effects. Fantasic story. Blockbuster has it under new release:

ZATOICHI

Don't wait for net flix. Go to your local vid shop and rent this baby.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 30, 2004 13:15       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah,i saw Hero.Very good movie.Your eyes will go nuts on the use of color in every scene.
It reminds me of Ran,which was an excellent movie.

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 30, 2004 18:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HERO was a stunning visual flick and the cinematography was incredible.

--------------------

yawn

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 30, 2004 18:45     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh, Zatoichi was fun. Mez has good taste. I didn't think it was as good as my film-nut friend did, but it was fun for what it was.

Hero was cool as well. The history behind the story's pretty interesting too, but I won't get into that. If you like that, House of Flying Daggers looks a corker.

Best film I've seen this year? Dodgeball.

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted December 31, 2004 14:06     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes Zatoichi was not bad, had a great end.

One of the best movies of the year for me:

OLD BOY

Mez, you will love that.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 31, 2004 14:42     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm just a sucker for anything touched by Kitano. Brilliant actor, probably my favorite. Sonatine is my fave but I still hadn't found Fireworks anywhere. Guess I should try netflix sometime eh?
Man, Cube, that film looks depressingly heavy. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 31, 2004 18:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't seen any good movies this year....

BUT speaking of videos yours is in the mail MEZ!!! (finally)

Happy New Year...

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 31, 2004 20:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No WAY DUDE!!! I will buy a vcr in honor of your package's arrival!!! THANKS!!! My new year is starting off well. (Aside from the fact that I'm having to work tonight and have no alcohol at home waiting for me.....ughhh) Hey, you can't have it all.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 01, 2005 05:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're welcome man, thanks for being so generous and cool in the first place!! Yeah you might need a VCR to watch it but at least they are probably cheaper now than back when I was gonna send you this LOL...

That sucks you had to work and even worse no booze waiting for ya but hell it's a whole new year so just celebrate as soon as you can!!!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 01, 2005 07:17     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Hero.

Seriously, I had heard that you had to be "Chinese" in order to watch the film?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 03, 2005 12:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:

whaaaa

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 03, 2005 18:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:

Yes, just like you have to be a dumbass to watch Kevin Costner movies.....

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted January 04, 2005 15:34     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best movie I saw this year ...

(but isn't new) was our hero Lemmy Caution

in

PIT-FACE
VoivodFan
Member # 504

posted January 05, 2005 20:02     Profile for PIT-FACE   Email PIT-FACE     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
havent seen hero, but it looks like a beautifuly made movie man.

--------------------

RATTLE YER GOD DAMN HEADS!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 10, 2005 12:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I STRONGLY SUGGEST everyone rent this immediately. Most realistic film I've seen ever. Gritty with capital G. Relevant and quite important. Guerilla filmmaking...these people seriously almost died making this thing on a number of occasions. The behind the scenes was almost as crazy as the actual film. Go get this now. Fuck netflix, this one you can't wait around on.

I'd also like to say it changed the way I look at the war. Really shows another perspective.

SEPTEMBERTAPES

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan