my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anyone know this?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone know this?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 24, 2004 11:20     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone familiar with this, uh, band BENIGHTED LEAMS, "POSSIBLY THE MOST RETARDED BLACK METAL BAND EVER!!!" ?

Just scroll down this link to BENIGHTED LEAMS

Mentions of Voivod!

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 24, 2004 16:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I'm in love.

How in the world did I miss such a killer record store in San Francisco?!? For all the times I've been to that fine ass city, I don't believe I've ever seen Aquarius Records...Am I mad? Blind? Dumb? [er, yeah]
What an amazing site, thanks Mal for the link.
Listen to Bathtub Shitter, Kill the Client, Abstrakt Keal Agram...all good listens. Read the review of Japancakes and laugh your ass off at the Dangerous Dingleberries story...all under Andee's favorites. The guy I'm now in love with. Next time I'm in San Francisco, I will hunt him down and force him to suck on my tits!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 24, 2004 18:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, they've got Acid Mother's Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. too! Great japanese space rock band, I saw them live a few weeks ago!

quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
...The guy I'm now in love with. Next time I'm in San Francisco, I will hunt him down and force him to suck on my tits!

Ooh, what a horrendous fate...if he's gay that is!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 24, 2004 18:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
\
Ooh, what a horrendous fate...if he's gay that is!

I did think of that. ha ha

Oh, and gobble, gobble, gobble to everyone...er, that's not in reference to sucking on my tits, but have a fat fucking Thanksgiving!

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 25, 2004 09:16     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hey, they've got Acid Mother's Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. too! Great japanese space rock band, I saw them live a few weeks ago!

Wow. You saw AMT! That most have been trippy!

And oh yeah, Aquarius is cool. They have a nice selection of novelty/outsider music, metal, etc... that is quite astonishing. Plus, by reading the reviews, they seem to know their shit. And they're funny!

Luna, you are the mother of all Voivodfans!

(And on a personal note, the name of the band Bathtub Shitter just reminded me what my son did two nights ago. Eeeewwww.)

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted November 25, 2004 10:50     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I think I'm in love.

How in the world did I miss such a killer record store in San Francisco?!? For all the times I've been to that fine ass city, I don't believe I've ever seen Aquarius Records...Am I mad? Blind? Dumb? [er, yeah]
What an amazing site, thanks Mal for the link.
Listen to Bathtub Shitter, Kill the Client, Abstrakt Keal Agram...all good listens. Read the review of Japancakes and laugh your ass off at the Dangerous Dingleberries story...all under Andee's favorites. The guy I'm now in love with. Next time I'm in San Francisco, I will hunt him down and force him to suck on my tits!

Is there an adress somewhere?

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 25, 2004 15:50     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Wow. You saw AMT! That most have been trippy!

(clip clip clip)

(And on a personal note, the name of the band Bathtub Shitter just reminded me what my son did two nights ago. Eeeewwww.)

Yes it was a trippy gig, especially because
A) I had never even heard of the band

B) They were headlining, their set started at about 0:30am after Circle's one and half hours of trance-inducing psychedelia

C) The guitarists and the bassist/vocalist were so damn heavily under influence that they looked like they'd drop any second...and that was like two hours BEFORE their gig!

D) When it was their turn, the bassist had to search between the chairs and tables in the bar section to find their missing lead guitarist, who was sleeping on the floor under one of the tables

...and finally, E) They played an incredible, almost two-hour set - no sign of exhaustion, full of energy and even rage at places. Three thumbs up for these guys!

What a coincidence Mal-de-rrröööaaarrr, my daughter puked in the tub on the same day!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 26, 2004 11:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
D) When it was their turn, the bassist had to search between the chairs and tables in the bar section to find their missing lead guitarist, who was sleeping on the floor under one of the tables

Oh shit, that's funny!
Sounds like a good time.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 26, 2004 11:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ne0rC:

Is there an adress somewhere?

1055 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Monday-Wednesday: 10am-9pm
Thursday-Sunday: 10am-10pm

Wouldn't it be great to work there? Heaven.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 26, 2004 21:27     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
actually my friend cathy worked there for many years when she was living in sf and i've met the girl who owned the place until recently a number of times. i asked hypergrrl once if she'd been but she didn't know it.
Peter Nubile
VoivodFan
Member # 474

posted November 27, 2004 00:14     Profile for Peter Nubile   Email Peter Nubile     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now there's a person whom I haven't heard of/from in a long while: Cathy! She also used to work for Revolver in San Francisco too, right? I got to know her a little bit after she moved up her to Vancouver and worked for a while at Scratch. Very nice person, I really missed her when she left though, happily, I managed to refind her through Friendster... So xXNiaXx, how was your trip to Europe? Did you manage to find a cool way to spend some free time between flights in Germany? Just wondering...

--------------------

"Woah, ho, ho, and a pint of Hefeweizen!!!"

Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted November 27, 2004 13:49     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
BENIGHTED LEAMS, "POSSIBLY THE MOST RETARDED BLACK METAL BAND EVER!!!" ?

Black Metal retarted never heard of such!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 28, 2004 22:23     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Nubile:
Now there's a person whom I haven't heard of/from in a long while: Cathy! She also used to work for Revolver in San Francisco too, right? I got to know her a little bit after she moved up her to Vancouver and worked for a while at Scratch. Very nice person, I really missed her when she left though, happily, I managed to refind her through Friendster... So xXNiaXx, how was your trip to Europe? Did you manage to find a cool way to spend some free time between flights in Germany? Just wondering...

do i know you on friendster? i'm not going to europe til mid december. i still don't know what to do in hahn. sigh.

gothmog665
VoivodFan
Member # 439

posted November 29, 2004 10:50     Profile for gothmog665   Email gothmog665     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blurrhog:
Black Metal retarted never heard of such!

They can't be totally worthless if they can invent song titles such as "The Ormod Liss of Transuranical Nortivagations"

.. or have any Voivod influences.

Peter Nubile
VoivodFan
Member # 474

posted November 29, 2004 14:46     Profile for Peter Nubile   Email Peter Nubile     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
xXNiaXx recently asked:
quote:
do i know you on friendster?

Perhaps... Just kidding! Not only do we know each other but we are linked up as well! At least I hope we still are... We even have some mutual friends: Cathy; Marcy (Sigh!!!); A.C. "Newshour" Newman; that Keith Parry fellow just to name a few... So xXNiaXx, could you please answer the following question for me... By any chance would part of your upcoming itinerary include making a stopover in Croatia? Just wondering about something that's all...

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 29, 2004 15:10     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Nubile:
xXNiaXx recently asked:
Perhaps... Just kidding! Not only do we know each other but we are linked up as well! At least I hope we still are... We even have some mutual friends: Cathy; Marcy (Sigh!!!); A.C. "Newshour" Newman; that Keith Parry fellow just to name a few... So xXNiaXx, could you please answer the following question for me... By any chance would part of your upcoming itinerary include making a stopover in Croatia? Just wondering about something that's all...

oh, hahaha! quit changing your username here, you're confusing the heck out of me! no, i am not going to croatia. why?

Peter Nubile
VoivodFan
Member # 474

posted November 30, 2004 03:31     Profile for Peter Nubile   Email Peter Nubile     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woops, sorry about that! A few months ago when I caught the Sasser worm, I lost a bunch of files and information including my Voivodfan El Indio persona. To make things worse, that crazy e-mail address which El Indio had is no longer operational. A few weeks ago I actually did attempt to contact the SysOp here who never responded which led me to believe that perhaps it is best if I let Indio go the way of the Dodo... In regards to Croatia, perhaps I have misinterpreted some information which I recently come across over at the Kulatopia Message Board... I was under the impression that you're somehow going to be involved in this amazing event which should happen quite soon... Unless it's going to happen in Texas...? Hmm...

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan