my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ozzy/King Crimson?!@#!?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozzy/King Crimson?!@#!?
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted November 19, 2004 13:52     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just read a blurb somewhere that Ozzy will be covering Crimson's 21rst Century Schizoid Man on his next album. Anything that will bring attention to one of the greatest all time bands in the world is all right with me!

Hey Schroed, since I know you'll be reading this post, just thought I'd let you know that I just bought the new Screaming Headless Torsos studio CD. I know you dug the first studio album, so I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with this one. In case anyone else is interested in Funk/Jazz/Rock, check them out. Just imagine if everyone in the Chili Peppers was as talented as Flea at their position and you'll get the Screaming Headless Torsos. This is no slight on the Peppers (I dig 'em), just an analogy. SHT kick ass! Cross between the Chili Peppers and Fishbone. www.torsos.com

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 19, 2004 22:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks MMM, I'll check out their site soon and probably order it.

Ozzy doing KC... hhhmmm. Maybe it will get some of the dumber metal heads to find out the real talent behind the original song. Should be interesting.

Remember April Wine's version? Nothing can touch the almighty KC doing 21st CSM but I'm always willing to hear other attempt it.

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 19, 2004 22:15     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
April Wine!? Damn, that brings back some memories. I remember their version although at first I thought they wrote it!

headless torso sounds interesting. Anything that is freaky, funky and compared to Fishbone is alright with me.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 19, 2004 23:14     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Ozzy doing KC... hhhmmm. Maybe it will get some of the dumber metal heads to find out the real talent behind the original song.

Fehget it. No one listens to Ozzy anymore.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 20, 2004 08:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
April Wine!? Damn, that brings back some memories. I remember their version although at first I thought they wrote it!

headless torso sounds interesting. Anything that is freaky, funky and compared to Fishbone is alright with me.

HA, I thought they wrote it also!!! I had no idea who Crimson was when I was young and listening to April Wine. April Wine was a great hard rock band until they got a taste of commercial success and sales from their ballad, 'Just Between You & Me'. They have lots of great material before succoming to corporate rock and lable control. Sometimes a bands downfall is because of their success.

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 20, 2004 21:01     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"If You See Kay", remember that one? yeah mon, I liked April Wine back in the day, along with T.J. Swan!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan