my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Enemy of God (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Enemy of God
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 17, 2004 07:34     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, now, will Kreator go on tour? What if some canadian thrash metal band join them to promote their new album?

Just picture the

\m/ Kreator/Voivod 2005 tour \m/

Ok, ok, I'll stop now.

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 17, 2004 08:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KREATOR, VADER, DEATH ANGEL and IF HOPE DIES will be teaming up for a North American tour beginning in early April. Confirmed dates so far, according to Pollstar.com:

Apr. 03 - New York, NY @ B.B. King's Blues Club
Apr. 06 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero / Balcony Bar
Apr. 07 - Baltimore, MD @ Thunderdome
Apr. 08 - Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance
Apr. 09 - Montreal, QC @ Le Medley
Apr. 12 - Chicago, IL @ Joe's
Apr. 15 - Fort Collins, CO @ Aggie Theatre
Apr. 16 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
Apr. 22 - San Francisco, CA @The Pound SF
Apr. 24 - Anaheim, CA @ House Of Blues

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 17, 2004 10:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy Jeebus
Please don't let this one turn into a pipe dream for fuck's sake...promoters et al.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 17, 2004 18:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess Death Angel will still be suppoting THE ART OF DYING, unless they have somethng new to surprise us with !!!

I'm SO FUCKIN' GOING to this show!!!

I missed out on the Megadeth/Exodus show a few weeks ago in DC so I'm still starving for a killer metal gig. I hope I can last til April.

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 17, 2004 22:05     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
KREATOR, VADER, DEATH ANGEL and IF HOPE DIES
[...]
Apr. 09 - Montreal, QC @ Le Medley

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 17, 2004 23:44     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds awful. The thought of loud, evil music along with the stench of vomit and long haired, black tee shirt wearing, crooked teeth, dropouts playing screeching devil air guitars just does not sound too enticing. I suppose I'll stay home and listen to my Barry Manilow records and sip my Zimas instead. See you in Hell.

Marvin the depressed robot.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted November 18, 2004 06:42     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's "Paranoid Android" to you!

"'Let's build robots with Geniune People Personalities,' they said. So they tried it out with me. I'm a personality prototype. You can tell, can't you?"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 18, 2004 08:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
April 9th is already marked on my calendar as "I gotta be there!", so...

Y'know, i was listening to the new album (again) last night, just half asleep yet paying attention to details and all... and i hit me: Ventor fucking rules! I was listening to "Under a Total Blackened Sky" and i kept thinkin' that people are so keen on throwing their praises around to Dave Lombardo or Gene Hoglan, yet Ventor never gets the recognition that he deserves.

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 18, 2004 16:57     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
That's "Paranoid Android" to you!

"'Let's build robots with Geniune People Personalities,' they said. So they tried it out with me. I'm a personality prototype. You can tell, can't you?"

Ahh, another Hitchhiker-freak. Random bit of trivia -- there's a place in ottawa called "Zaphod Beeblebrox - the Nightclub at the End of the Universe"

I went to a show in Zaphod's once.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 18, 2004 17:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, hehe. I couldn't place where I'd known that robot.

Back to the MegaTour...What's a good Vader cd to own?

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 18, 2004 17:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:

Back to the MegaTour...What's a good Vader cd to own?

I'll second that request, I've got nothing by VADER (believe it or not), so somebody clue us in as to what's good, and what they sound like (I'm assuming they're thrash). I think Warcorpse might have posted a download of Vader's a long time ago, maybe.

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 18, 2004 17:36     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
April 9th is already marked on my calendar as "I gotta be there!", so...

If I can go we'll both slay Montréal before Kreator even gets on stage. Looking forward to seeing you there!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 18, 2004 18:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey SKUL, thanks for UNDER A TOTALLY BLACKENED SKY... this album is going to fuckin' kill!!! As I'm sure you already know.
Great stuff, can't wait till January for the official release!!!

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 18, 2004 20:36     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
so somebody clue us in as to what's good, and what they sound like (I'm assuming they're thrash).

Brutal Death metal, that is.

They're not bad, but I don't have anything by them or really know them much.

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 19, 2004 04:05     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vader is pretty good. IMO their best stuff is on the albums "De Profundis", "Revelations" and the EP "Blood".

Back to topic: those Kreator tunes rawked!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 19, 2004 08:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great death metal band, vocals are not the usual cookie monster, Peter has a really unique style.

I recommend either "Revelations" or "Litany".

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted November 19, 2004 09:17     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kreator/Vader/Death Angel !!!
Vader's discography is impressive... maybe start with the first, The Ultimate Incantation (1992), it's a classic!
Also Litany, Revelations, and The Beast (2004)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 19, 2004 10:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info. I think I may have Litany...will check when I get home.
Anyone on vvf.com from Poland?

--------------------

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted December 06, 2004 03:11     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HatrossRig:
i think violent revolution is better personally

I don't thi9nk this new cd is so agressive if you compare it to 'Violent Revolution'.

Nothing really new, more melodic leads, Mille's voice is a little bit more agressive, some tracks are in the vein of "Endorama" and in sounds a little bit too synthetic for me ... a good release but nothing really new.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan