my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Enemy of God (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Enemy of God
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 15, 2004 18:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shit!!

That record will KILL YOU!!!!

Full review forthcoming... when i collect myself enough to write one.

In the meantime: Kreator - Enemy Of God

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted November 15, 2004 18:32     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck. Consider me dead.

You know, in the chat earlier, I was going to say "hey, Skul, you heard/about the new Kreator?" Then I remembered that you're A. a massive fan or something and B. almost certainly better clued in than I, so I didn't say anything.

Cheers for the sample. I think I might just get this one. Maybe.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 15, 2004 18:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Is that the cover art?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted November 15, 2004 19:05     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy satan, that cover art is just as killer as the song!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 15, 2004 20:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
as i wait for the track to download I must say if it's 1/2 as good as the art, I'm gonna love it!!!

I haven't listened to Kreator in many years. What have they been like over the last decade? Any suggestions as to what to buy?

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 15, 2004 22:12     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AAARRRGHHH!!!!! Bro, hook up a diehard!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted November 15, 2004 22:14     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.luetke.com/intro/luetke_com.html

The Artwork.

--------------------

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted November 15, 2004 22:17     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's right HOLY SHIT
Skul, you're THE man!
Thanks for the sample, NOW I can't wait anymore to hear the rest.
I hope that album will be a total blast!!!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 15, 2004 23:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Va¢ärmeS:
I hope that album will be a total blast!!!

It is.

It's sorta like Violent Revolution, just a tad bit more aggressive.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 15, 2004 23:18     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holyfugginshit! Thanks Skul! This tune kills. If it's half as good as Violent Revolution I will be purchasing this album for sure.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 16, 2004 00:36     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking amazing! Thanks Skul!!!! OMFG this is great! Awsome artwork as well! Mille and company have brought Kreator to the forefront of what all still surviving 80s thrash bands should be doing. That's 'Real Again'.

Thanks for the sample man, made my day!

Schroeder, I was the same way about Kreator until Violent Revolution came out... sorta lost track of them after Coma Of Souls. I highly recommend Violent Revolution, Live Kreation/Revisioned Glory (CD/DVD), Cause For Conflict, and if you don't already have them Coma Of Souls, Extreme Aggression, and of course the earlier classic material... I even like Outcast and Endorama, they are better saved for last.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 16, 2004 07:59     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it just me or Mille's vocals sound even more old-school-Kreator?

Thanks Skul, great song.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 16, 2004 08:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
[QB]Mille and company have brought Kreator to the forefront of what all still surviving 80s thrash bands should be doing. That's 'Real Again'.
QB]

Are you refering to something? Nudge nudge wink wink!

That's some amazing killer artwork there! Phew! Cool and creepy! Unfortunatelly, can't hear the sample...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 16, 2004 08:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the suggestions XD. I've got Pleasure to Kill/Flag Of Hate - Terrible Certainty - Coma Of Souls - Extreme Agression, so it looks like I'll be adding some more to my collection TODAY. I think they have Violent Revolution at the local store.

Love the new tune, thanks Skull, i just played it again for the 5th time since i downloaded it

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 16, 2004 08:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's great Schro!

If i could suggest one to you tho, it would DEFINATELY be the DVD, Live Kreator / Revisioned Glory. It's as far as i know the BEST metal dvd released in recent years, and quite possibly ever, simply due to it's completiveness. It's got it ALL!! A killer live set, every video clip they've ever made, a full history package... Look, i just love the thing to death. I'm sure those who's seen it would agree, as well.

So ya... the new one. I've listened to it 4 or 5 times by now, and it's ALL good, daddy! It's pretty much like Violent Revolution as far as production and overall approach, but the aggressivity is firmy rooted in the early material yet it comes through with the same class as, say, something from Outcast (still one of my most cherished Kreator albums). My favorite track at the moment would be the last song, The Ancient PLague... it's basically this album's "Replicas of Life", meaning a bit more epic and melodic. Also, "World Anarchy" gets bonus point for stealin' a little part from Rush in there somewhere (y'know the first drum beats of YYZ...).

Brilliant, brillant stuff!
You wouldnt believe how happy i am. It made my fucking YEAR!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted November 16, 2004 08:27     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks Skul!
hearing that track il looks like we're gonna party like its 1987...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 16, 2004 10:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll put the DVD on my MUST HAVE list.
thanks.
Looks like I've missed out on a lot of great Kreator releases over the years.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 16, 2004 11:37     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
If i could suggest one to you tho, it would DEFINATELY be the DVD, Live Kreator / Revisioned Glory. It's as far as i know the BEST metal dvd released in recent years, and quite possibly ever, simply due to it's completiveness. It's got it ALL!! A killer live set, every video clip they've ever made, a full history package... Look, i just love the thing to death. I'm sure those who's seen it would agree, as well.

On the money! Enough good things can't be said about this DVD!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 16, 2004 13:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the only disc my local store had was VOICES OF TRANSGRESSION: A 90's Retrospective... of course I bought it and at only $6.99 new, it was a no brainer.

I'm pleasantly surprised that there are some tracks where Mille actually sings with a clear voice. I think he sounds great both ways. This seems to be a damn good collection at the discs I missed out on with a couple unreleased songs to boot.

I'll have to search out their official site to get the details on the new cd... when's it coming out, 'cause I'm definitley getting it!!!

It's good to have some new heavy thrash to crank up.

Looks like I'll be surfing over to Djangos or THE END to get the other releases and the dvd.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 16, 2004 13:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I'll do the same. Sounds like a postitive step in the right direction, er. Or something.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 16, 2004 14:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well after listening to the retrospective cd I surfed over to Djangos and raped their Kreator inventory... I hope you are happy with what you made me do:
Kreator : Scenarios of Violence CD

Kreator : Live Kreation CD

Kreator : Out of the Dark, Into the Light CD

Kreator : Renewal CD

Kreator : Endorama CD

Kreator : Violent Revolution CD

Kreator : Outcast CD

Kreator : Cause for Conflict CD

Kreator: Revised Glory DVD

all of those for just over $88.00 icluding shipping

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 16, 2004 17:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... Rawk on!

I cant even remember the last time i spent 88$ on cds (let alone for that many of 'em!)... 1994 sometime prolly. hehe.

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 16, 2004 17:01     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not much into them now but after hearing that killer tune, I think I'll be looking into them a lot more, thanks Skul!

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 16, 2004 21:51     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

Kreator : Renewal CD

My favorite Kreator release! If you like a little bit of experimentation in metal, I think you'll find that this one will be quite a treat to listen to. The production is more along the lines of hardcore rather than metal(in other words, it's not produced like Coma of Souls )

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 16, 2004 23:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:
My favorite Kreator release! If you like a little bit of experimentation in metal, I think you'll find that this one will be quite a treat to listen to. The production is more along the lines of hardcore rather than metal(in other words, it's not produced like Coma of Souls )

I LOVE THE EXPERIMENTAL ELEMENT!!!
The unreleased tracks on the Retrospect cd I bought today were great. They mixed up some different things to expand their sound. RENEWAL sould knock me out... woohoo

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan