my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » FAVORITE TV Shows (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: FAVORITE TV Shows
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 08, 2004 20:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Figured I'd start a new topic since things are a bit slow here.
Anyway, what do ya all like watching on the idiot box? I don't have any of those 'premium channels' so I can't watch those shows like SOPRANOS - 6 FEET UNDER - etc, so here's what get's my viewing time:

CSI - the original, MIAMI, NEW YORK. I think the original is still the best with Miami a close second.

FEAR FACTOR - insane and gross, what could be better?

THE SHIELD - can't wait for the new season to begin

NIP/TUCK - when I can remember to watch this... totally demented shit!!!

KING OF QUEENS - funny as hell

THE SIMPSONS - hands down the funniest longest running show EVER!!! they still have what it takes to crack me up!!!

GROUNDED FOR LIFE - when I remember this is on, it's a fuckin riot!!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted November 08, 2004 21:32     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A lot of my favorites are classic examples in creative weirdness-"The Twilight Zone"/"Thriller"(that old 60's show with Boris Karloff as the host)/"The Outer Limits"(old show only!)/"The Prisoner"/'Dark Shadows"/"SCTV"(all-time classic!),"Nowhere Man"(only lasted a year but it rules!),"The Young Ones"/"Eastenders"/Rocky and Bullwinkle"/"Ren and Stimpy"(1st two seasons only)..new stuff,okay the "Law and Order" series(no more,please!),"Arrested Development"/"Kathy and Kim"(from Australia),"Red Dwarf"/"Dr.Who"/"Tales From The Darkside"/"Monsters"/"Venture"(on the Cartoon Network along w/'Grim'(it's a smart-ass,retarded cartoon show) and "The Wire"/"Chappelle's Show" and anything w/Wanda Sykes. I utterly despise "reality shows"!
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 08, 2004 23:18       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah Grounded for life is one funny show but it's been canceled like all the shows i like.
The Job
Vengence Unlimited
Futurama
The Tick
Maximum Bob

I dont think theres a single show on i still like.
oh wait,i like the Monk but i think it will also be canceled soon since they got rid of the nurse.

I watch Still Standing,Scrubs & That 70's show with my wife but there's really nothing on right now i like.Maybe when all the reality show crap is over they'll get some good shows on.

IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 08, 2004 23:20       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh and i watch Coupling with my wife.That show is very funny and the Simpsons but it's getting too political lately and i think it time to cancel the Simpsons.It hasnt been as funny as it use to be for several years now.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 08, 2004 23:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seinfeld

Andy Griffith

Nova

This Ol House

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 08, 2004 23:33     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grounded For Life has been cancelled?!?! Damn! The Simpsons still makes me hoot as does M*A*S*H when I can get near cable or satellite. 24 was great for the first two seasons then I just lost interest. Has that been cancelled as well? I tend to watch more TV this time of the year and MNF is on the tube right now.
I really wish Looney Tunes would make a re-run appearance somewhere in TV land.
Oh, I forgot to mention Nova and Seinfeld as well.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 09, 2004 00:48     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
and i think it time to cancel the Simpsons.It hasnt been as funny as it use to be for several years now.

Blasphemy! The Simpsons is the funniest and smartest show on any channel! Nuff said.

Otherwise, i find it really hard to consistanly watch any shows. Too many fuckin' commercials piss me off.

Been recording a lot Metal Mania and Headbanger's Ball eposides for watching (and skipping through) later. So far Metal Mania is kicking HBB's ass all over the place! MTV would never dare play Megadeth's "Wake Up Dead", followed by Voivod's "Psychic Vacuum", followed by Iron Maiden's "The Trooper", and finally Motorhead's "Iron Fist" before breaking from those tiny VH1-Classic commercial breaks. HHB is actually less than 1:15 minutes of actual music at all with all the commercial and BS. Who are most of these these bands anyway?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 09, 2004 09:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CANCELLING 'Grounded For LIfe'???!!! ... fuckers

Scrubs is also funny as hell, totally demented, and hilarious stories and characters.

I watched Futurama a lot when it was on FOX with King Of The Hill, and The Simpsons. I miss that line up.

--------------------

yawn

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 09, 2004 09:29     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Strangers With Candy
Simpsons
Arrested Development
Amazing Race
Kids in the Hall
Seinfeld
Buffy/Angel
Daily Show

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 09, 2004 10:31     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The national Lotto every saturday evening and some children's programs.

Wanna see something totally unbelievable? "Real time" cell phone text message chat on the telly. Delay can be over 30 minutes sometimes, each message costs around 0.85€ to send, showtime is from around midnight to 6am. Extremely popular here, in a country that is on the top-5 of internet connections per capita in the whole world... Duh.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 09, 2004 10:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
Strangers With Candy
Simpsons
Arrested Development
Amazing Race
Kids in the Hall
Seinfeld
Buffy/Angel
Daily Show

you can come over and watch tv at my place anytime.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 09, 2004 10:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

Been recording a lot Metal Mania and Headbanger's Ball eposides for watching (and skipping through) later.

When are these shows on? My old man now has cable...what channel is Metal Mania on?

Monday Night Football
and I love The Best Damn Sports Show Ever. I've been doing what warcorpse is doing, cathcing up on those Netflix dvds.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 09, 2004 11:23     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Little Britain. The latest in a long line of the only good tv made in the UK - comedy shows.
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 09, 2004 11:41     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xXniaXx:
you can come over and watch tv at my place anytime.

I may have to if my kids won't take Toy Story out of the DVD player.

verbal razor
VoivodFan
Member # 428

posted November 09, 2004 12:46     Profile for verbal razor   Email verbal razor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lost (best new show on tv)
CSI: LV & Miami
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Curb Your Enthusiasm
King of Queens
Laguna Beach (some of the chix are fuckin hot)
History Detectives
Monster House
Dog Chapman Bounty Hunter

--------------------

Workin' on it

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 09, 2004 12:52     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I completely forgot about Curb Your Enthusiasm. That's one of my favorites, too. And Deadwood. I don't have HBO right now so I kinda forgot about those...
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 09, 2004 13:12       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dream On-season one
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 09, 2004 13:21     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ooh, Strangers With Candy! I can watch my DVD's over and over! "I'm gonna sit at the welcome table one of these days!"

My favorite right now:
Arrested Development! Great show and I never realized how cute Jason Bateman was!

And I do have to say I am now hooked on:
Desperate Housewives. Gotta love them night time soap operas (wish they would play "Soap" re-runs on cable)/

Anyone ever catch:
Becker? I never wathced it while it was on Prime Time, but I now catch the two syndicated shows most every night.....I think that show is a riot Last night's episode one of his patients was running the NY Marathon and after Becker made a comment that she was crazy for running 26 miles without anyone chasing her, she asked him what he didn't like about them and Becker replied something to the effect of, "I don't like them because I get all excited that 20,000 stupid New Yorkers are leaving the city and then they turn around and come right back!"

verbal razor
VoivodFan
Member # 428

posted November 09, 2004 13:41     Profile for verbal razor   Email verbal razor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
Deadwood

Deadwood rules!!!

--------------------

Workin' on it

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 09, 2004 14:15       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh yeah and re-runs of "Married with Children" & "Rockford Files"
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 09, 2004 14:21     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone with HBO should watch Deadwood for Ian MacShane's performance as Al Swearingen alone. One of the coolest characters in TV or Film history. It'll probably be out on DVD soon, so even those without HBO should be able to catch up with this show.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 09, 2004 14:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When Arrested Development first aired I watched a couple episodes but couldn't get into it; however, the other day I watched the new one and laughed my ass off... goes to show ya sometimes you have to give a show a few episodes before it gets real good, or you just get where they're comin' from.

I do enjoy the Amazing Race, and the new season looks to be a good one. I must also admit to being a Survivor viewer

Being divorced and lonely creates more reasons to watch TV especially when you're not a barfly.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 10, 2004 08:00     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Soft Machine:
I just got about 50 episodes of Chapi Chapo this weekend!!!

Oh my god!!! I feel like I had a long-lost piece of my brain back! Totally forgotten about that show!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 10, 2004 11:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:

And I do have to say I am now hooked on:
Desperate Housewives.

I knew it!! I was waiting for you to post so I could see what other trashy show you've been watching lately. You crack me up lil sis.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 10, 2004 12:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really not into TV, since I don't even have cable, so I'm more stuck in my old classics: The Prisoner, the old Star Trek, South Park, and best of all Seinfeld.

Here's a little site for the nostalgics: SEINFELD QUOTES

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan