my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » gwar

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gwar
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 03, 2004 10:55     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i saw them last night for the first time in about 15 years and holy hell, they kicked ass - as well as multilating a bunch of monsters and assorted others.... i talked to them after and they told me how they chose to work with glen robinson initially because they wanted to sound like early voivod and they've just recorded their latest, war party, with him. it's pretty heavy and suprisingly relevant. so check out their new disc and go see them on this tour if you have a chance. i still have no idea how they play with all that shit on and blood flying everywhere but somehow they pull it off.

War Party video (Real format)

War Party video (Windows Media format)

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 03, 2004 10:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for that bit of review, xXniaXx. I just emailed a bro of mine and said I probably wouldn't go...but now, we'll see. And I kinda like Dying Fetus.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 03, 2004 11:00     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, i missed dying fetus which i was kinda bummed about. i've heard good things about them.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 03, 2004 11:18     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awwww fuck
I didnt even know they were coming.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted November 03, 2004 14:40     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was a 21+ show here.

--------------------

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 07, 2004 14:22     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The show was 19+ here.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 08, 2004 01:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:
The show was 19+ here.

I am very glad we do not have such things in Holland. I could take my 7 year old son to a concert without anyone looking strange!! And i am sure he would love it.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted November 08, 2004 07:53     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh fuck !
Why GWAR neer come in France

--------------------

My sky is black today

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted November 16, 2004 21:54     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They're playing West Edmonton Mall on the 22nd, this should be interesting. War Party is a good, heavy album with some good guitar solos on it too. Its a enhanced CD with Womb With a View live footage for computer too.

--------------------

We're Not Alone, Welcome Aboard

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan