my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The ChaosPoet has NEWS!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The ChaosPoet has NEWS!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 02, 2004 12:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD - Scarier! Weirder! [Hot Flashes - 04.11.02 03:37:43]

VOIVOD's Michel "Away" Langevin called BW&BK the day after Halloween to provide an update on the follow-up to the band's vastly[vastly?] under-rated Voivod album, the first with Jason Newsted in the ranks.

"We've gotten about 25 songs demoed," sez Away. "We've been trading CDRs and ProTooled files back and forth with Jason in California. It's looking to be a darker, weirder, scarier, more punk rock album than the Voivod album. More Voivodian (laughs)[Okay, why was that funny?]. Snake's vocals are weirder as well, plus Jason's naturally got a stoner rock vibe[Dude, no way, Jason is a stoner???] to his bass playing that is coming out more on this one. We'll be recording sometime soon in the new year."

In other news, Michel is shopping for a deal for his long-awaited Voivod art book, ideally out through a graphic novel company of some repute. Serious parties who might want to publish[VoiVodFan.com] such a tome can contact Michel through the band's website.

[]=my thoughts

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 02, 2004 12:52     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"looking to be a darker, weirder, scarier"

Like, Phobos on steroïd?

Mmm, Phobos... (*has mercury drooling from the corners of mouth*)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 02, 2004 15:08     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uhuh Huh HUhuh HuhuhuH HuhuhuHHuhuh

He said "voivodian".

HuhuHUhuhUHuhuh huHUh UHuhuhuHUh

He made a funnie!!!
laff laff laff laff!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 02, 2004 16:59     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just hope the band delivers on these promises for once... DVD anyone? Away artbook anyone? Nothingface on steroids anyone? A real tour, anytime? Bah.

IMO the s/t album was not underrated, in fact it probably was one of the only Voivod albums that was received as much as one would expect. Phobos is underrated, Killing Technology is underrated, The Outer Limits is underrated. Voivod (the album) is luke-warm.

Was that negative? Bad me! Can't wait to hear new Voivod nonetheless!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 02, 2004 18:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
agreed

I do look forward to whatever they release, no matter what style they choose to go with

I do enjoy the self titled album a lot even though it's not what we expected, it's still Voivod. That alone makes it great IMHO

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted November 02, 2004 21:45     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news I can't wait for the art book.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 02, 2004 22:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
I just hope the band delivers on these promises for once... DVD anyone? Away artbook anyone? Nothingface on steroids anyone? A real tour, anytime? Bah.

Was that negative? Bad me! Can't wait to hear new Voivod nonetheless!

Amen bruddah.

That's not being negative. That's being disapointed. I am.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted November 03, 2004 00:10     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod have an opportunity, more than ever, to lay waste to the current Death/Black/Goth/Pop/Whatever thing metal that has made $$ in the last 5 years and consequently set a new standard altogether.

(fingers crossed)

Go get 'em, boys!!!! Be original metal, not originial rock.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 03, 2004 04:55     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Darker? Weirder? Back of the net! I think they know as well as we do why the last album was "underated". More Mulitverse, less We Carry On!
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted November 03, 2004 06:10     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
More Mulitverse, less We Carry On!

YES! And Divine Sun too...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 03, 2004 07:15     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weirder sums it up for me in terms of what I desire, anything else would be cool but as long as the weird element is still present

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 03, 2004 11:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
]
YES! And Divine Sun too...[/QB]

Indeed!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 03, 2004 12:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me clarify, I do like the s/t album plenty. But no one can argue that it's not the 'safest' Voivod record ever released.

Dissapointing is a good term to describe the campaign for the last record... As Syl Disjonk points out, we all know Voivod are more capable than most out there to turn the now mostly generic metal-scene on it's head, but they didn't sieze the moment when they should have.

Even playing the more thrashing technical stuff live on Ozzfest would have blown all those nu-skool kids & Newsted gawkers to pieces.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 03, 2004 15:08     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Even playing the more thrashing technical stuff live on Ozzfest would have blown all those nu-skool kids & Newsted gawkers to pieces.

Beautifully put!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 03, 2004 16:51     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Let me clarify, I do like the s/t album plenty. But no one can argue that it's not the 'safest' Voivod record ever released.

Dissapointing is a good term to describe the campaign for the last record... As Syl Disjonk points out, we all know Voivod are more capable than most out there to turn the now mostly generic metal-scene on it's head, but they didn't sieze the moment when they should have.

word!!

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 03, 2004 18:24     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

siezing the moment in todays terms would be...
adding atleast 3 samplers, get lots of pimp clothes, getting Snake to do beat-box on vocals (they'll love that retro rap stuff) and the bass player has to be able to break-dance. (but better than flea).
who cares about flipping main stream metal on its head anyway, VoiVod allready did that. people who listen to mainstream music mostly suck anyway, lol.

im not dissapointed with the last release at all, but on the other hand the 'campaigning' for the last record could have been better. Divine Sun or the Multiverse would have blew my mind for a video instead of We Carry On... whos idea was that anyhow ?

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted November 04, 2004 05:13     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

and

quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
im not dissapointed with the last release at all, but on the other hand the 'campaigning' for the last record could have been better. Divine Sun or the Multiverse would have blew my mind for a video instead of We Carry On... whos idea was that anyhow ?

Absolutely. When I see their setlist from the Ozzy shows, I'm asking me, where are the heavy new songs from the "Lobster" album. I mean, this is not a heavy setlist:

Gasmask Revival
Tribal Convictions (ok)
Rebel Robot
We Are Not Alone

We Carry On
Astronomy Domine

This is a setlist to catch new fans with shiny rocky and catchy songs. But it doesn't worked and it won't work in the future. Voivod are old compared with new bands and old bands catch new fans only very seldom. So please give the way of such "campaigning" up and act for us, the old iron gang!

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted November 05, 2004 03:11     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to see some Tornado and Black Guards. Maybe a War and Pain Medley?

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan