my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Art thread #2

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Art thread #2
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 13, 2004 17:42     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know there was a thread for posting links to interesting works of visual art, which I thought was very cool. However I can't remember it's name and I'm too lazy to search for it so I decided to start a new one...so, please post links to art you think is cool!

Here's what I found recently on the net:

Sudjai Chaiyapan
-Her paintings would make great vinyl covers IMO

Jirapat Tasanasomboon
-Captain America meets the Asian gods

Both artists and more can be found at http://www.thavibu.com/thailand/index.htm

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted October 13, 2004 19:04     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aidan Hughes who does the KMFDM cover art HERE

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted October 14, 2004 15:22     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I strongly suggest you visit Greg Martin's web site. If you're into outerspace imagery, you'll find some totally wicked wallpapers!!!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 15, 2004 05:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the links guys! I really liked both artists' works. Aidan's pics reminded me of the picture on the cover of Faith No More's "King for a Day" album, could it be his work? Got to check that out when I get back home...and yes, I always liked "space pics" and everything out of the ordinary

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted November 14, 2004 13:17     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I have done an other speudo Away artwork recently. So here it is.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted November 14, 2004 15:00     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice stuff, Syl!
www.danseagrave.com

I could stare at this guy's art for hours. He's done lots of album covers, a good few of which should be familiar, but it's the vaaaaaaaaaast, twisted and detailed vistas which really catch my eye. I wonder what it's like to be inside his head.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 15, 2004 18:41     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey nice work Syl! Where did you get the idea for this?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted November 17, 2004 14:41     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Väinämöinen. Well where did I get the idea ? The head is an improvised drawing on the corner of the table. It wasn't supposed to be anything but a decided to scan it ... so the rest is Photoshop all the way. I work with no plan to let the subconsious arise....
If you like my stuff go to : http://www.disjonk.com/perso/index.htm

I dig Dan Seagrave alot insane amount of detail.....

Well speaking of art I have to mention Philippe Druillet is a must. I got a Voivod vibe so check it out at http://membres.lycos.fr/sloane/druillet/galerie.htm

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 17, 2004 17:07     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
Well speaking of art I have to mention Philippe Druillet is a must. I got a Voivod vibe so check it out at http://membres.lycos.fr/sloane/druillet/galerie.htm

I thought I was the only one in this fucking world that knew that guy.
Did you see the parody thing that he did with Gotlib?

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted November 17, 2004 21:05     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:

No

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 18, 2004 07:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:

Haha! Lone Slonono, or something. I love Gotlib. Recently got the "Inédits" album, and it's cool.

GOTLIB'S OFFICIAL SITE!!!

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted November 18, 2004 08:10     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ooh, looks like I need to check out marcelgotlib.com !!! thanks for all the great links

Lone Slonono was published in Rubrique-à-Brac vol.5, it's a must for fans of Druillet!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted November 18, 2004 10:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://felix.laflamme.org/illustrations/voivod.html
IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 18, 2004 15:14     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks 'corpse! I haven't my own pages so I had to ask him to put this image here. It's just something I did with Apophysis the other day. The reason for posting this is that somehow the picture brought Bacteria to my mind....

Cheers!

Oh, btw, nice work Syl, I especially liked that 'Negatron' image!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan