my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » turning mp3's into wav format...help me motherfuckers!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: turning mp3's into wav format...help me motherfuckers!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 10, 2004 03:08     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've mentioned beforehand that I had a problem "burning" discs with music that I've previously downloaded and saved to an existing file. I wasn't able to "drag" files down on my Roxio program to be "burnt" without a box popping up stating: "this is not a valid audio file and will not be added to the track list."

Well, I figured out that a possible solution to my problem is that the audio files aren't in the "correct" format for me to burn a disc.

So my question is: How do I "burn" them in the right format? Somehow, along the way, my file format got changed because I was able at one time to "burn" them freely without any complications.

Any help is greatly appreciated...motherfuckers!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 10, 2004 03:23     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Legion, are you using a Mac? If so, I have an mp3 to aiff conversion tool I can float you.

If you're on Windows, dump Roxio and get Nero... Then all your problems are solved. Nero will convert all mp3s on the fly, all you have to do is drag and drop. You can also get plugins that will allow you to burn a whole mess of file types to standard audio format (ogg, wmv, rm, etc).

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 10, 2004 05:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey General! (if I can still call you that)
No Mac here, just PC (is that "politically correct, btw? )

Is Nero free? This Roxio came with my computer. btw...I HATE computers!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 10, 2004 06:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you updated Roxio from their site?

I've used Roxio for years and never had a problem. If I use Classic Creator (I have 'Creator 6') it hase never had a problem burning mp3s into regular audio on cdrs. Do you have AUDIO CD selected when you are creating your disc?

Use their TUTORIOL or their HELP section and maybe that will help figure out whats going wrong.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 10, 2004 14:03     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Legion,

I use both Mac and PC... but my Mac is old and ailing and there's so much damn cool A/V software/freeware for Windows now... If you were on a Mac, Roxio's Toast is one of your best bests.

Since your using Roxio on your PC already, maybe try Schroeder's suggestion first and check out all those upgrades which will most likely fix your problem. No sense in totally changing your interface if you're happy with what you have.

If that doesn't work and you want to try Nero, shoot me an email. It's generally not free, but it 'can be'. I prefer Nero because it's highly flexible and allows you to burn from 'image' files you create in other programs such as VCDEasy, etc.

Best of luck!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan