my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » If Away needs a new drum kit...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Away needs a new drum kit...
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted October 08, 2004 17:10     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe he could bid on the weirdass Staccato set used by Rammstein in their 'Amerika' video which is currently for sale on eBay

With the NASA logo it'd make a great companion for Piggy's custom axe lol.

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted October 08, 2004 20:56     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 09, 2004 02:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm...Well that's what Away already sees when he's playing, wouldn't wanna make it any tougher!

--------------------

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted October 11, 2004 15:10     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater/OSI/Liquid Tension Experiment/Trans Atlantic/other shit.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 11, 2004 17:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That, my friends, is what we call "overkill".
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted October 11, 2004 17:42     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell, that's a bit small that kit...needs a few more bass drums and cymbals I think...

--------------------

Hail Santa...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 11, 2004 19:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Portnoy is a madman. Some of the projects he's involved with, don't thrill me but I gotta admit he's a damn fine drummer. OSI is hands down the best side project I heard from ANY of the so-called prog metal bands. Moore - Matheos - Portnoy - (with Steve Wilson, and Sean Malone tossed in for good measure) it can't get much better than that. I was just glad Moore did the vocals (and Wilson did a song) instead of getting Labrie or one of his many clones that pollute the prog world to sing. Moore has way more originality and stlye than any of those guys.

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted October 11, 2004 20:43     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
instead of getting Labrie or one of his many clones that pollute the prog world

this deserved to be quoted.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 12, 2004 12:37     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
maybe that's why they had four video cameras on him on saturday??
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 12, 2004 13:32     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now i don't think a good drummer needs a BIG kit; if you're talented and smart, you can make this: sound amazing.

I remember seeing Pierre Tanguay do a drum solo, his kit was like a pocket drum because it was so small, and his solo was mostly played on his snare. But it was so full of suspense that everyone in the place was on the edge of their seat. Amazing.

ABOUT PIERRE TANGUAY

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted October 13, 2004 10:15     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

That's all we need. Not more, but also not fewer.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 13, 2004 12:36     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do admit that I miss those 1980's thrash kits though. I know Away's kit got bigger than this before it got smaller again.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 13, 2004 14:40     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
[QB]Now i don't think a good drummer needs a BIG kit; if you're talented and smart, you can make this: sound amazing.

Brain from Primus played one of these in the Animals Should Not Act Like People DVD, and he made it sound fucking awesome!

And on the other side of the coin, I reckon I could make the Octopus Kit at the top here sound fucking awful.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 13, 2004 15:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
And on the other side of the coin, I reckon I could make the Octopus Kit at the top here sound fucking awful.[/QB]

Bah! Just be sure to wear those hot leather pants.

The Away photos are making me hot.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 13, 2004 19:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been watching the Dream Theater 'Live at Budakan' dvds through out the day, and that two seated monster kit is what he used on the tour. It's cool becauseduring his solo he take a miked drum out from behind the kit plays it for a while, then pulls someone out of the audience and has them play the drum with him, then he gets someone else and has them sit behind the kit and play with him. Talk about audience paticipation!!! Very cool.

I still have about half the concert to finish watching but its fuckin awesome. Graet sound, great filming, and I watched disc 2 first, which was loaded with killer extras and insights.

--------------------

yawn

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted October 13, 2004 22:41     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I've been watching the Dream Theater 'Live at Budakan' dvds through out the day, and that two seated monster kit is what he used on the tour. It's cool becauseduring his solo he take a miked drum out from behind the kit plays it for a while, then pulls someone out of the audience and has them play the drum with him, then he gets someone else and has them sit behind the kit and play with him. Talk about audience paticipation!!! Very cool.

I still have about half the concert to finish watching but its fuckin awesome. Graet sound, great filming, and I watched disc 2 first, which was loaded with killer extras and insights.

DAMN, didn't remember this thing was out. I gotta head over to BestBuy now.

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 14, 2004 00:02     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Yeah, he did something similar at the show I saw here in Seattle earlier this year. Except he pulled the guy out from backstage, and it was the drummer for Queensryche. It almost made the drum solo interesting or even fun! (and I hate drum solos....)

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 14, 2004 13:45     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
[QB]Bah! Just be sure to wear those hot leather pants.
QB]

Bless you, luv.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 20, 2004 11:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr. Helicopter,

Oi yeah don't stop luv.

Bless you,
Luna

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted October 22, 2004 01:54     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ne0rC:

Wonder, if this could be the drumkit of the chick from The White Stripes too?

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted October 22, 2004 02:04     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not even Portnoy's full drum kit, during the Intrumedly on the new DVD, Portnoy had to get and walk to the other parts of his kit to do the drum roll. Unless I'm wrong.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 22, 2004 08:53     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
Wonder, if this could be the drumkit of the chick from The White Stripes too?

Or this guy:

I have a thing for small drumkits smashers over big technical drummer's drummers.

RINGO RULES!

Or even better: GUY NADON, KING OF DRUMS!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan