my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Close Your Eyes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Close Your Eyes
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 06, 2004 22:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yearning for an intelligent, mind-bending thriller??????

Do yourself a favor and RENT this:

CLOSEYOUREYES

Was I scared? Hell no!(Doors are locked tonight)Awesome movie!!!!!

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 07, 2004 11:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oooohhhh! That looks good! Now if only I can get the old man to watch it with me...he hates scary movies. Chicken

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 07, 2004 14:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Luna, even if he won't, rent it for yourself sometime. Its totally worth the 3 bucks.

I also liked the movie Heaven with Cate Blanchett and directed by the same guy that did Run Lola Run. Cool story but what I liked the best about it was the way it was shot. I've never seen cinematogaphry like that before. Especially the last 10 minutes. Reminded me of a mushroom experience.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 07, 2004 18:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hex, I love Kieslowski. My favorite movie of all time is Double Life of Veronique. Someone, maybe it was you posted about Zbiegniew Prezs(?)...I don't know how to spell the composer's name...and I cannot find the soundtrack to that movie. Any suggestions?

That's cool about Twyker. I hadn't heard about that film. Is it new? K. K's films are gems...I can't imagine someone else succeeding at what he accomplished.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 07, 2004 20:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, he did the Red, White, and Blue...didn't know that...Yeah, its amazing but this video store down here in bumfuck Georgia actually gets some decent films occasionally.

Heaven is fairly new I believe Luna. I rented it first of course because on the cover it showed Cate in the act of taking her top off....then I saw it was the same director as Lola Run and had to have it. Blanchett is stunning in this! Rent immediately.

HEAVEN

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 08, 2004 10:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just added to my Netflix account:

Close Your Eyes
Heaven
Looney Tunes Golden Anniversary, Disc 1
Rocky and Bullwinkle, Season 1, Disc 1
and Secret Window...mmmmmm, Johnny Depp

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 08, 2004 12:13     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like some good films there. Thanks for the tips fellas. I've been aware of Kieslowsky's Blue/White/Red trilogy for some time now but have yet to watch them. Now I am intrugued...

BTW Luna, do yourself a favor and drop Secret Window off your cue... Sometimes Depp is good (Dead Man) and sometimes he stinks (The 9th Gate), this one falls in the latter catagory. Even John Turturro, whom I love, can't save this steamer. Nuff said, I won't reveal any details otherwise.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 08, 2004 16:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm, I'll think about it X-D. And yes, isn't John Turturro the best. I forgot he's in Secret Window.
Have you seen Five Corners? I think that's the title, with Jodie Foster?

--------------------

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted October 08, 2004 16:46     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of Dead Man, does anyone have the soundtrack? I think it was done by Neil Young and its really cool.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 08, 2004 17:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You people are nuts. Secret Window was fantastic! Don't listen to them Luna! Also Depp's hair is great in that film.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 12, 2004 07:44     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't believe no one mentionned Kieslowski's Dekalog TV movies. Those were awesome!

BTW: Saw the latest Coen Bros. movie, The Ladykillers, and, well, not their best. Not bad, but not great.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 12, 2004 14:01     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Also Depp's hair is great in that film.

Somewhere in Georgia, I hear a closet door being slowly opened...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 12, 2004 21:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
.....and a pair of freshly shaven legs stepping out???

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 15, 2004 12:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally watched Heaven last night.

I love this film. Everything said about Cate Blanchet is right on. She's one cool babe.
I also went through the deleted scenes and part of the film w/commentary by Tykwer. I wanted to know how he came to be involved with a fabulous Kieslowski script. That man was a genius. And Tykwer's style is just my speed. Not bad, Tykwer, not bad at all.

Also watched Close Your Eyes. The old man had to stop watching because he was getting bent out of shape about it. What a scaredy-cat. Damn good film.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 15, 2004 12:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent Luna!!!

Now try this one:

Intermission

Took me a while to get into it but once I was in I was fucking hooked! Awesome ending too!! Fans of Rushmore and Trainspotting should enjoy this. Same kind of vibe.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 15, 2004 17:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Order is in!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan