my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » H and former BLAZE Members Launch New Project: RISE TO ADDICTION (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: H and former BLAZE Members Launch New Project: RISE TO ADDICTION
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 21, 2004 20:04     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brillant stuff, my dear friend!
Falling as One has "hit" written all over it!
I couldnt view the video for some fucked up reason (mainly 'cuz my rig sucks) but at least i could ear that entire track in its entirety!

Take a bow, mr.Armstrong!
I'm proud of ya.

|  IP: Logged
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted October 21, 2004 20:15     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Le H kicks ass again!!! GREAT

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted October 21, 2004 20:23     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's how you bring it H! Great job. I wish we were on the same chunk of land so we could work together. I've been looking for a singer forever. Atta boy! Can't wait to hear more,
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 21, 2004 20:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eh... I don't know if I like it at all
na, I FUCKIN' LOVE IT

great shit H man, not that I expected anything less from ya, bro!!!

make sure ya post a pic of that gold and platinum awards that you'll receive!!!

--------------------

yawn

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted October 22, 2004 01:49     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy god, that is GREAT stuff.

KILLER!

--------------------

Crazy Boy
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 496

posted November 01, 2004 08:48     Profile for Crazy Boy   Email Crazy Boy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is great stuff. Its looking really good.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 19, 2004 20:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK I had to bring this back to the top. I just went to the site and I see there is a cd and T shirt being offered, although Paypal account is still not yet set up (I'll be ordering both the second I find out I can send the money).

I've played the crap out of the tiny little video of Falling As One and spread it around to some other victims. It'll be great to have a bigger file of that on the enhanced cd. This band is great, so support the band, give props to our buddy H and buy their product http://www.risetoaddiction.com/merchandise.htm

NP: Falling As One video and also watching the COLTS & RAVENS battle it out.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 19, 2004 23:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Look, i cannot stress it enough:

Falling as One as HIT written all over it!

It's like... goddamn! (yah!)

For example, i played that track (extracted from the video) to a friend of mine who doesnt even listen to music much usually (at least nowhere nearly as much as me), and he goes "Hey that's a great song!". What does that tell you?

After the holidays (basically, when i have money again), i'll certainly look into obtaining a copy of the current mini-cd. Fuck yeah!

I'm incredibly proud of Harry. And that's not kissin' ass.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 20, 2004 12:56     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aha, and I see that they had a gig yesterday! How'd it go, Harry?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 21, 2004 08:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers again for the comments you lot. I'm too hungover to blush!! Anyway, the gig that nearly wasn't.... A week before the gig we rehearsed a new drummer. Everything was cool, until he called us to say he couldn't make the gig. Mad panic followed until we found a drummer called Kath who worked her arse off learning the set in 2 days. She did a sterling job and the gig went ahead. Lots of beer, lots of sweat and lots of grins. That was the first time I've got on stage without a guitar. It seemed to go down pretty well and I ache all over, so I musta had fun!
I think there's some photo's on the forum over there. I dunno what the next step is gonna be, but I'll keep you informed. I've gotta spend xmas writing the up-coming EOLB album, and there'll be news on that in January too.
Thanks again kids - this place rawks!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2004 13:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H - make sure you keep us all informed about all your projects, I know I'm not the only one who has enjoyed everything you've created. I don't always think about going to all the other sites to find out what's happening, but I always come to this forum.

SO, a full length EOLB!!! and RTA in 2005!!!! If you're not somekind of mega rock star in the next couple of years, somrthing is seriously fucked up in the universe.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 22, 2004 19:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A semi-relevant topic: Just read this in an old backissue of Terrorizer... Cool description of Harry's ol' band(though I couldn't figure out if its a positive critique or not):

CATHEDRAL+HANGNAIL
London Mean Fiddler(spring 2001?)

"Hangnail have a song called 'Third Time Around.' Having seen them tonight, some of you may feel that this is a conservative estimate. After all, they 're charging full throttled down roads so worn by now that its amazing they don't hit a pothole. Maybe you need a lack of irony to get away with it, but Hangnail are true believers. For all the familiarity of their charged up, Zep-inspired bikerdelia, you soon find yourself losing your co-ordinates, as their friffs billow out of each other like thehir propelling themselvels, phoneix-like out of a dust cloud. Vertically.
As a support, they prove a bit more appropriate than i was hoping. After the asphyxia-inducing might of 'Endtyme' sent all preconceptions scurrying to the darkest corners, familiarity wasn't particualrly high on the agenda. But there it is again-dow-da-dow-da-dow-DOW dow the classic mid-period Cathedral riff, and it brings more nostalgia for the Doctor Who theme tune than anything else."

Oh and on RTA-
Out of the three...I'll have to say 'To a God Unknown' is my fav....

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 23, 2004 17:52     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh-ho, I've got a back issue of Terrorizor here with a Hangnail interview. (Tool on the cover)

Basically the band have a good laugh about drinking their entire advance and then writing all the songs very very quickly as the deadline arrived. Plus the usual Rock Journalist hyperbole (aren't music journalists, even Terrorizor ones, totally full of shit? Like they get paid by the word!).

Cool pic, certainly the only one of Jim Ogawa where he DOESN'T look like Jimmy Page.

Looking forward to the EOLB album, Harry-bach!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 17, 2005 16:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I received the 3 song ep cd today with the added video of FALLING AS ONE, and must say this thing kicks fukin arse!!!!

As usual H belts out the tunes like a man possessed, and the band grooves all around his vocals. If the full length cd is promoted properly it should be a massive success. It's great to hear bands that remember what it takes to be HEAVY!!!

now I can delete all those songs,samples, and video I downloaded a while ago when they first came out.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 17, 2005 18:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with ya, Dave.

H also sent me the cd and that's pretty much all i've been jammin' since monday. Excellent stuff. My favorite part on the whole disc is the 2nd half of Everlasting Wave. Top notch production too. Brilliant, just fucking brilliant. 'Course Harry sounds awesome on the whole thing.

I've rose to this addiction, i'd say.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 18, 2005 05:26     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awww.. youse guys.......
Cheers for the comments. I'll keep you up to date as and when I know the score. End of Level Boss begin recording the album on March 5th. The budget is one fifth of what the RTA demo cost, but we've found a dirt cheap completely analogue studio that's closing down and have given us a cheap rate. Bargain!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan