my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » H and former BLAZE Members Launch New Project: RISE TO ADDICTION (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: H and former BLAZE Members Launch New Project: RISE TO ADDICTION
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 05, 2004 17:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Former BLAZE Members Launch New Project - Oct. 5, 2004

According to a posting at BlazeFans.com, the new project featuring former BLAZE members John Slater (guitar), Steve Wray (guitar) and Rob Naylor (bass) has been christened RISE TO ADDICTION. The group's complete lineup is as follows:

H Armstrong (HANGNAIL, END OF LEVEL BOSS) - Vocals
John Slater (ex-BLAZE) - Guitar
Steve Wray (ex-BLAZE) - Guitar
Rob Naylor (ex-BLAZE) - bass
Ben Calvert (VEX RED, SACK TRICK) – Drums

RISE TO ADDICTION will play their first show on at Dudley JB's in support to EDGUY the day after the BLAZE Big Bash in December.

Commented Slater: "The last couple of weeks have been a bit chaotic haven't they. I hope no-one feels kept in the dark any longer. A lot of you have asked questions and I believe we have answered most them in a clear and honest way. If you have more questions then please feel free to continue and we'll do our best.

"We promised to keep you informed and that’s what I'm here to do. A lot of things are still under construction so please be a little patient with us. We have a lot of exciting plans underway, a great deal of which is in the process of being confirmed.

"Our website is www.risetoaddiction.com, make sure you add it to your favourites.

"We're in the studio this weekend to record our first batch of songs with Andy Sneap. At the end of October we start shooting the video for the track 'Falling As One'."

What a lovely surprise!

Could you tell us more about it, Harry?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 05, 2004 18:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude!
That rawks!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 05, 2004 19:04     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
go harry! woo!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 05, 2004 19:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I know I'll buy anything that the almighty "H" man sings on, that's for sure.

L@@king forward to hearing yet another band that Harry puts his magic voice on.

BTW the rise to addiction link didn't work

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 05, 2004 20:00     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It does work, there's not much to the site though. The comma after the site URL has somehow been included with the link - just delete it and hit refresh and you will see....nothing much. Yet.

Oh yes, and I too am looking forward to hearing this!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted October 05, 2004 20:53     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good on ya H! Can't wait to hear the material!
Crazy Boy
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 496

posted October 06, 2004 05:20     Profile for Crazy Boy   Email Crazy Boy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is fantastic news! I have 2 blaze albums and they're awesome. 'Blood and Belief' and 'Silicon Messiah'

Thanks for the site info. I might consider going to that gig too!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 06, 2004 05:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bah - you know these internet rumours. They're all bollocks. Except this one isn't.... To tell the truth it's hard to say how it's gonna sound. I've rehearsed with them once (last week) and we're recording some stuff this weekend. All I can say is it's heavier than Angel Rat and lighter than Phobos! Put it this way - they all love Soundgarden, and as Chris Cornell wasn't up for it they roped me in. I think that pretty much tells you how it's gonna sound. Schroeder will love it, Warcorpse will hate it!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 06, 2004 06:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for letting me know I should pay attention to the actual web address Mad Meg

Got 'er workin' now... It reminds me of the same cool sounds they used for the EOLB page.

Is BLAZE the band that had Blaze Bayley, ex-crap-vocalist of Iron Maiden? If so, the band is smart to leave his tone deaf ass behind. Getting H to sing is like making the evolutionary jump from one-celled-bacteria to a fully evolved thinking man (a drinking-thinking-man but that's rock n roll).

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

H - are the other projects you're involved with still alive, and this is just another outlet for your talent?

--------------------

yawn

Crazy Boy
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 496

posted October 06, 2004 06:56     Profile for Crazy Boy   Email Crazy Boy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This sounds really positive.

Yes, I agree that it was a good move. Go get 'em.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 06, 2004 07:53     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Way to go, H!!! That sounds awesome!

BTW, only one rehearsal and there's already a press release on the Inert-net? Rock on! I guess it's a good way to kick oneself in the arse, like "hey, we anounced stuff, so we better deliver!"

BTW (part 2), welcome aboard, Crazy Boy, you Son of a Silly Person!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 06, 2004 08:23     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
H - are the other projects you're involved with still alive, and this is just another outlet for your talent?

Yep, all is still well with EOLB. We're working on some new stuff, although it's been delayed since I broke my finger and can't play my fucking guitar! Irritating as hell, but it's been kinda handy (pun intended) as it's left me to concentrate on getting some vocal ideas down for RTA. Nice description of Mr Bayley by the way!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 06, 2004 13:24     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
[QB]

According to a posting at BlazeFans.com

QB]

Blaze had fans?

Get Well Soon with the finger Harry. That'll learn you not to stick it where it oughtn't to be!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 06, 2004 14:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How the hell did you break your finger???
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted October 06, 2004 16:48     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great news - I was afraid about the EOLB
but get that finger back in shape man! you need it for Riffing!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 06, 2004 20:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So it was Bayley's band your new mates came from.

It just blows my fuckin mind to think that guy has put his (and I hate to use this word when refering to 'his' voice) vocals on so many recordings that were released for the public to buy, not to mention that Steve Harris would have him in (what was once the greatest band in the world of metal) Iron Maiden after someone like Dickinson (who could easily be Gillan's bastard prodigy love child) leaves. And although Maiden last couple of album with Bruce were sub-par, Blaze killed the dying horse instead of bringing life to it.

Anyway, I'm sure the guys in the band will naw be able to pull out all the cotten from their ears, put the vocals back in their monitors , and crank out some real metal with a real singer.

Glad to hear EOLB is still functioning... Played the cd at work today . What about Hangnail? Finished or IN Cognito for a while?

Bring on the new tunes.

--------------------

yawn

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted October 08, 2004 10:31     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
How the hell did you break your finger???

He fell off his skateboard.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 08, 2004 13:31     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You..um...you didn't happen to be filming him did you?

I fucking love skateboard accidents, me. It hurts and they deserve it. Almost as good as c: skiing human-starfish olympic-career-ending crunch-snap posh cunt in an air-ambulance things, b: airshow disasters (jet hits another jet, both hit crowd - former USSR states excel at this because their planes are huge and shitty), and of course the grandaddy wear-out-your-videotape all time best: a: tour de france pile-ups!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted October 08, 2004 13:46     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank dog he's only skateboarding and not competes in this shit: Once per lifetime sports activity

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 08, 2004 16:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
videotape all time best: a: tour de france pile-ups!

Subscribe Now!! Receive FREE Crash DVD!

World Cycling Productions

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 09, 2004 03:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WAY TO GO H-er!!! (about the Blaze thing, not breaking your finger)

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 09, 2004 09:42     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't wait to hear this! And hope your finger gets well soon, H!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 21, 2004 11:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well.. there's some mp3 clips on www.risetoaddiction.com now. Check 'em oot if yer curious.
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 21, 2004 15:49     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh and a video too I see.....well sort of see (it's very tiny). Damn you've got a big voice for such a relatively small guy, H! Nice shirt, btw.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted October 21, 2004 16:06     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff maaan!!!
You even manage to make Korgull look good in the vid.

Good luck with the show and recording

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan