my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Negatron, Phobos, Kronik remasters (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Negatron, Phobos, Kronik remasters
Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted October 02, 2004 14:13     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Um, there was probably a thread for this before, but I saw all three remasters yesterday at HMV. Nothing new, looks cheap. But Kronik has new cover art.
Didn't buy anything, as I already have all three originals.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 02, 2004 14:46     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and they're three of the four most recent albums anyway, so there's next to no point as it is...

On a brighter note, maybe this means Phobos and Negatron will actually get a distribution in the UK? One can dream. In the meantime, I have Amazon.com.

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted October 02, 2004 18:10     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And I have eBay.ca!

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted October 02, 2004 19:25     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted October 02, 2004 23:20     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's horrible, Neutrino. Those aren't what I saw... anyway, it's only a cheap set of reissues.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 03, 2004 02:57     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now all that's left is:

and 'Corpse's favorite...

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 03, 2004 04:32     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I rememebr the picture correctly, Warcorpse already "remastered" Angel Rat.
EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted October 03, 2004 13:54     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CHEAP SET OF RE-ISSUES?????????

Why dont you just smoke a big joint put your headphones on,turn stereo to 11 and listen to PROJECT-X.....
If that does not do the trick smoke another and play FORLORN.
Re-issued or not it still kicks my ass....
and should yours.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 03, 2004 13:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about cracking open a cold beer and playing Phobos cranked to 11?

By the way, I don't own Kronik...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted October 03, 2004 17:18     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EFORCE:
CHEAP SET OF RE-ISSUES?????????

Why dont you just smoke a big joint put your headphones on,turn stereo to 11 and listen to PROJECT-X.....
If that does not do the trick smoke another and play FORLORN.
Re-issued or not it still kicks my ass....
and should yours.

I already have all those three albums and don't see the need to buy the reissues. However... I assure you that Phobos kicks my ass even more than War and Pain, or, for that matter, Angel Rat and Nothingface.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 03, 2004 17:39     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phobos is certainly better then the new one. It's, y'know... metal.
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted October 03, 2004 22:17     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So these 3 albums are in fact re-masters, not just re-issues?

Anyways, I never got round to buying em before so I ordered the 2004 releases of Phobos and Negatron ... as well as KT cos I only have it on vinyl (RE-MASTER THAT 1 PLZ!).
And maybe if the lads get some spare time they could re-record Roooaarr!

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted October 03, 2004 22:44     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
So these 3 albums are in fact re-masters, not just re-issues?

Anyways, I never got round to buying em before so I ordered the 2004 releases of Phobos and Negatron ... as well as KT cos I only have it on vinyl (RE-MASTER THAT 1 PLZ!).
And maybe if the lads get some spare time they could re-record Roooaarr!

No, they're reissues. The topic title is wrong, and I can't see the way to change it.

--------------------

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted October 04, 2004 05:15     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:
I assure you that Phobos kicks my ass even more than War and Pain, or, for that matter, Angel Rat and Nothingface.

For me, Phobos is in second position in my favorite voivod cds.
The first on is "Dimension hatros" and just after "Phobos" which is really great !

Of course the riffs from Piggy are incredible, but I really like the different effect on Eric's Voice !

I have the PROJECT FAILING FLESH cd, and it is a really good one. Eric is using a lot of effects on this cd too and some parts sounds like Voivod "negatron-era"

I prefer this cd that the first E-Force release.

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted October 04, 2004 05:40     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I respect your choice s....
But let me tell you something if you dig"shredzilla" type of guitar playing then you will definently dig the new E-FORCE record out late 2005....
Dennis rousell s rythem playing is fuckin killer!!!!he is a big cryptopsy fan
Jerom point s leads are like Andy La roix meets children of bodom dudes style of leads!!
Fuck I might even call 1 of the tracks(intrumental)"SHREDZILLA"When you here these muthafuckas play you will understand
trust me stay tuned
cheers
ERIC

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted October 04, 2004 07:52     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VsGreg:
[QB][
The first on is "Dimension hatros" and just after "Phobos" which is really great !

QB]

Ah exactly the same for me !!!!!!

--------------------

My sky is black today

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted October 04, 2004 07:55     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
!
I have the PROJECT FAILING FLESH cd, and it is a really good one. Eric is using a lot of effects on this cd too and some parts sounds like Voivod "negatron-era"
QB]

What is it ???
Never heard that before !!

--------------------

My sky is black today

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted October 04, 2004 07:57     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
But let me tell you something if you dig"shredzilla" type of guitar playing then you will definently dig the new E-FORCE record out late 2005....
Jerom point s leads are like Andy La roix meets children of bodom dudes style of leads!!
Fuck I might even call 1 of the tracks(intrumental)"SHREDZILLA"When you here these muthafuckas play you will understand
trust me stay tuned
cheers
ERIC

Yeah I trust you Eric as I know Jerome is really great and ..you also have a great new drummer ah ah

--------------------

My sky is black today

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted October 04, 2004 08:17     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Korgul:
What is it ???

Hi korgul
Check a mp3 on my website http://www.vs-webzine.com/ind.php?act=mp3read_comment-first.php&id_news=352

(it's a link to the mp3 avaible on the karmageddon website)
Project Failing Flesh is a band with mighty E force on vocals

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted October 04, 2004 08:22     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
trust me stay tuned
cheers
ERIC

Hi Eric
Great to hear that a new cd in on the way !
Will it be released by Season of Mist again.
I found the first E force really good but I prefer Project Failing Flesh ...

bye
greg

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted October 04, 2004 09:02     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES!!!!! season-of-mist.com
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 04, 2004 09:38       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Evil Forces is one of the best album ever.Very much like the Voivod albums Eric has done so the next E-Force album will be killer also.
I just wish i could have seen him when he was in Cleveland.Damn i'm pissed i missed that but those ticket prices where very high and out of my price range.I cant afford 70 + dollars a ticket when i need to buy two and gas was very high at the time so it would have easily cost me 250 to 300 for that show.
But i also would have seen Metal Church and Doro which would also have been killer.

Eric cant wait for the next excellent album from you.Since everything i've heard from you has been incredibly excellent i will be buying anything you do.Thanks for the kickass incredible music.
I would also buy all of those Voivod album even though i already have them.I love them so much i would gladly collect ever different cover version there is.
Funny thing though when Negatron first came out i bought it and was so pissed off that Snake wasnt singing i didnt listen to it more than two times and i didnt buy another Voivod album until two years ago i went and bought all the ones i missed and gave them a second chance.Damn did i miss out on some great stuff all those years.The Eric years of Voivod is some of the best music ever recorded.

IP: Logged
EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted October 04, 2004 09:43     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Merci beacoupe LIVING EVIL!!!!
Have no worries more E-FORCE stuff inthe future...Which will be heavy as fuck!!!!!
cheers
ERIC

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted October 04, 2004 17:37     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
stay tuned metal mutha fuckas!!!!!!!!!
coming soon.....................
cheers
ERIC

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted October 06, 2004 07:35     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Korgul:
[qb]What is it ???

Hi korgul
Check a mp3 on my website http://www.vs-webzine.com/ind.php?act=mp3read_comment-first.php&id_news=352

(it's a link to the mp3 avaible on the karmageddon website)
Project Failing Flesh is a band with mighty E force on vocals[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks Mr Greg !
Will try to listen to this this evening.

--------------------

My sky is black today

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan