next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The System Has Failed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The System Has Failed
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted September 22, 2004 09:55       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody get the new MegaDeth cd?
I wasnt sure if i wanted it but my wife bought it for me last week and i've listened to it almost everyday since then.
At first i didnt care for it.It does sound like some of the older stuff but at the same time,at times,it doesnt even sound like MegaDeth but it is becoming something i like.The more i listen to it the more i like it but i still do wish it was heavier.
I have also been thinking about getting some of the remastered cd's but i have mixed feelings about that too.I really love the MD.45 cd but i'm not sure i would like it with Dave singing and i'm curious about "Peace Sells" & "So Far" but once again i'm not sure if it's worth buying.

Maybe i'll let someone buy them for me at Christmas time.

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 22, 2004 19:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the new cd!!! I just read an article in GUITAR ONE and basically it had to be a Megadeth release instead of a Mustaine solo due to contractual obligations with the company. He was also given the rights to all his back catalog, which is why the remasters came out, which I purchased the entire set. They're GREAT. I always loved the MD.45 with Lee Ving singing, but Mustaine puts a new twist on it and I like it just as much as the original. The liner notes in all the remasters give some good insight to what was happening at the time.

Peace Sells and So Far are definitley worth getting just for the improved sound. PEACE SELL in 5.1 DTS kicks ass also if you have a system to play it properly on.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 23, 2004 04:12     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
been listening to it on a more than regular basis since I got a copy of it like one month ago...

it is excellent IMO, Dave has accomplished something great with this record, theres nothing I dont like, except maybe the first part of "Truth be Told" and also I could have done without that voice-over stuff...

I bought it last week but the packaging was a bit of a bummer though... its just ok by me standards...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 23, 2004 11:30     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty good stuff. I just got it yesterday so I'm not too familiar with the songs individually yet. One thing I can say is Vinnie Colaiuta is a friggin' monster on drums.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 23, 2004 14:28     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love it. Great album. The "I found god" shit is stupid, but the music is good.

Back In The Day is awesome.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 30, 2004 16:27     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish he'd taken out the goofy vocal track in "Shadow of Deth", because the music's not bad, but the spoken word bit is just laughable. Nothing against the Psalms, but that was just... cheeeeeeeese.

I really like it! Hell, musically, this is the best Megadeth album since RIP. It's great! Not a classic album, but good for what it is, and far, far better than the rest of the "Big Four's" recent releases.

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted September 30, 2004 21:44     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
I wish he'd taken out the goofy vocal track in "Shadow of Deth", because the music's not bad, but the spoken word bit is just laughable. Nothing against the Psalms, but that was just... cheeeeeeeese.

Did you say cheese? Did you say cheese? You didn't say it enough.

Cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese

There, good. And cheese.

quote:
and far, far better than the rest of the "Big Four's" recent releases.

Er... the Beatles are dead, mate.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 01, 2004 02:44     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's the "Fab Four", y'idjit!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 01, 2004 05:05     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:
Did you say cheese? You didn't say it enough

he cant say cheese enough...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted October 01, 2004 17:32     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
That's the "Fab Four", y'idjit!

Black Sabbath, then?

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted October 01, 2004 17:33     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mustaine should've called it.

"My Rehab Has Failed"

For fucks sake. What a crappy video.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted October 01, 2004 18:12     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, because a band's videos are completely indicative of the quality of their album.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan