my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Washington, DC (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Washington, DC
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 13, 2004 12:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heads up for those near the DC area...
Mr. Slugbutt's band, Red Earth will be performing in DC Friday, Sat., and Sun.-Sept. 24, 25 & 26th. Where? When? I don't know exactly, the website does not specify.
I'll be in DC, Georgetown to be exact, the week of Sept. 20-25!! If anyone of you voivod fans can make it out that week, I'm there for the Grand Opening of the National Museum of the American Indian. Hypergrrl will be there also.
Anyone know of places, ie: BARS/CLUBS to drink in? See some good music perhaps?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 13, 2004 13:46     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are some Sept. DC shows that may be of interest.

9/20: black nasa/assrockers/durga temple @ warehouse next door $7
9/21: black nasa/american centaur/assrockers @ sidebar
9/21: george clinton $ the p-funk all-stars @ 9:30 club $35
9/21: mt eerie (the microphones)/calvin johnson/woelv @ ottobar
9/22: UFO @ thunderdome $20
9/22: mt eerie (the microphones)/calvin johnson/woelv @ warehouse next door
9/22: drive-by truckers/allison moorer @ starr hill music hall, charlottesville
9/23: ostinato/the mensa select @ warehouse next door
9/23: mt eerie (the microphones)/calvin johnson/woelv @ tokyo rose, charlottesville
9/23: engine down/these arms are snakes/the husbands @ black cat $10
9/23: the walkmen/metric @ 9:30 club $15
9/24: drive-by truckers/allison moorer @ 9:30 club $25
9/24: the fiery furnaces/white magic/inouk @ black cat $10
9/24: doc watson @ birchmere $25 7:30
9/25: channels @ warehouse next door
9/25: old 97's/chuck prophet @ recher theatre
9/25: karate/liars academy @ ottobar
9/26: withered (ex-leechmilk)/drugs of faith/flowers in the attic/vog @ warehouse next door
9/26: converge/cave in/betweeen the buried and me/tirac @ ottobar
9/26: old 97's/chuck prophet @ 9:30 club $20
9/26: rye coalition/division of laura lee/your enemies friends @ black cat $10
9/26: the von bondies/auf der maur @ fletcher's $14
9/26: the decemberists/the french kicks @ recher theatre $14

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 13, 2004 14:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, thank you!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 13, 2004 19:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geezzzz....ladies I could be up there in eight hours in the super toyota....unfortunately my employer will not allow me anytime off during that period. You should have given me more of a heads up!! Or then again, maybe not.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 17, 2004 15:22     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First Americans Festival Performances:
National Mall (between 3rd & 7th Streets, SW)
Four Directions Stage

slugbutt's band!
Friday, September 24, 2004, 11 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

2 p.m.: Red Earth

Saturday, September 25, 2004, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. & 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.

1 & 3 p.m.: Red Earth

Sunday, September 26, 2004, 10 a.m.-5 p.m

2 p.m.: Red Earth

Come hang out with us and support Native Americans, Red Earth and your fellow Voivod fan!!! It's going to be a blast

Mez, call in sick!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 18, 2004 16:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you want to go see a legend of southern music...check out Doc Watson on the 24th Luna. He's worth 25 bucks a ticket believe me.
Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted September 18, 2004 16:31     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

UFO don't even tour Canada! Go there if you have a chance.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 19, 2004 16:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mezcalhead, I have almost an hour layover in Atlanta on my way out to DC tomorrow. Dirty truck stop or dirty airport? ...you decide.

As for UFO, I think that's in Baltimore. Helmet was scheduled to play the 22nd, but when I went to check the 9:30 Club website, the show had been POSTPONED! Noooooooo!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 19, 2004 21:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Janitor's closet. I just need about 10 minutes with ya. Hi, bye, time to fly!!!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 21, 2004 09:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to interupt your online sex...
I just watched a piece on the EARLY SHOW this morning about the National Museum of the American Indian and it was a facinating segment and made me wish I could be there this weekend, to check it out, and to meet the 2 Vodgirls in person; however with SUNFEST weekend at the beach it is impossible to take a day off... damn tourist screw everything up

Anyway, it's a beautiful building, with lots of interesting displays, items, events for the opening, and should be an incredible celebration. It's also about damn something of this magnitude was create for the American Indians. American (white American) history is a totally fucked up things with many many things that have happened that we should be (I know I am) ashamed of, but I hope there is a small bit of comfort when we realize that things we did were WRONG and are willing to admit it and learn from the past. You can't change the past but hopefully teach from thjose mistakes so they are not duplicated again.

Have a great time Luna and Hypergrrl.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 21, 2004 15:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks schroeder!
Just arrived back at my hotel in Georgetown and christ, do I feel sunburnt. The procession was long and somewhat disorganized, however my co-workers and I arrived a little later than we'd planned...oh well. We still participated and were in the sun all day. OUCH, my shoulders!
Needless to say, I have my timed passes to visit the museum on Thursday at 3:00 and I'm making an incredibly quick jaunt to NYC tomorrow and returning Thursday afternoon
I'm so excited, I've never been to NYC!!
Bummer you couldn't make it over to DC, shroeder...we could have seen that tattoo of yours in the Flesh.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 21, 2004 15:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Janitor's closet. I just need about 10 minutes with ya. Hi, bye, time to fly!!!!!

Ha HA ha! You would have had about 5 minutes, we got off our plane and took the "train" to Concourse C and back on another damn plane...whew! I'm feeling a bit loopy.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 21, 2004 17:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like you are having a great time on the East Coast, you sure have some beautiful weather to enjoy the days. If this were a week later I would have been there. I love Indian art, pottery, instruments etc. I was in a store yesterday that had some incredible Indian pottery that I would have loved to have but just cant justify spending $250.00+ for a decorative piece of pottery when I still haven't sold my house and don't know what I'll be making on it to put towards my ne house.

BTW: The tattoo looks AWESOME now that it's all healed. The red is bright and really shows up nice on my shoulder. I should have put it down lower on my arm so it could be seen when I wear short sleeved shirts... oh well, next time.

Have fun girls

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 21, 2004 22:13     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me give you a southern fashion tip dave.... cut off the fucking sleeves on your shirts!!!

Yeah, I second that...Hope you guys have a great time in our nation's capital!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 22, 2004 07:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Let me give you a southern fashion tip dave.... cut off the fucking sleeves on your shirts!!!

But then don't I also have to put a gun rack in my truck and a rebel flag in the window and start chewin' tabaccy?

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 22, 2004 08:00     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder, how about adding a mullet to Mez's fashion tip?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 22, 2004 19:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MY NECK WILL NEVER BE THAT RED... EVER!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 22, 2004 23:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Schroeder, how about adding a mullet to Mez's fashion tip?

Hey, that's my neighbor Skeeter. How'd you get his photo?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 23, 2004 00:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...must get some sleep. Must get some sleep. Must get some sleep. Must get some sleep...etc

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 23, 2004 01:53     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hola.
You have internet in your room sis? Is Hypersis there yet? I am stressing right now. I just got home from practice, the laundry and trying to catch a crazy but lovable dog! Whew! My suitcase is in a friend's car that is parked somewhere in the airport so I have to take 2 bags, plus my geetar and a few pedals! I am a little peeved right now, high on diet Coke and unable to sleep.

First thing I'm gonna say onstage is,"Where are all the white women?!"
Look for photos and news clips of our arrests! I sure wish Dubya was going to be there. Damn coward! Well, g'night and see you and sis on Friday! As for the rest of you, see ya whenever I see ya!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 24, 2004 09:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahoy!
Yes, the Holiday Inn has two computers here for guests...NYC was exactly everything and nothing most people would think it is. And I was hanging out with two of the coolest, and most beautiful gals. So it was walk. Train. Walk. Walk some more. Drink. Walk. Drink. Taxi. Walk. Sleep. Most of my evening was spent in the East Village. First it was Chinatown and stumbled upon a huge street fair in Little Italy. Ate some yummy grilled meat and walked some more.
We passed CBGB's and I took some photos of the shrine set up for Johnny Ramone...if ever I learn how to f-ing post digital photos, you will see those.
DC? Well, I finally went into the new Museum of the American Indian. HUGE place! I need to go back when there are less people crowding the exhibits. I'm running out of time...nooooooooooooo. I'm outta here tomorrow. Oh, found a great bar in Adam's Morgan called the Asylum. Good music being played by the DJ. I'm OUT!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 27, 2004 12:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back in the Land of Enchantment.
Seeing Red Earth play in DC, with the Capitol looming behind the stage had me wishing more people had been there to hear them. They sounded great!
Glad to be home and eating some damned good New Mexican chile.
I have to admit I was more impressed by the Holocaust Museum. It encompassed everything. The building housing the exhibit was awesome. I hope to go back to DC because I didn't see the entire exhibit...I think I missed two levels of that museum.

I have tons of photos, but am still hoping someone will give me a hand in getting them posted here.

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 27, 2004 18:11     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I have lots of pictures too. As soon as I get them developed, I'll post. Luna,you have a digital right? Just send them to me via email and I can post them for you!!

How many of you can say you played in front of the Capitol Building and sang these lyrics:

"So Crazy Horse kicked Custer's ass, he left him in the ground
They said it was a massacre, it was the other way around
The Indians had to save their homes, so Crazy Horse kicked Custer's ASS!
Well, Crazy Horse kicked Custer's ass!
Crazy Horse kicked Custer's ass!"

Tres cool

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 27, 2004 19:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As soon as I figure out what to post, I will send them to you, Hypergrrl.

Website for United States Holocaust Memorial Museum:

USHMM

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 30, 2004 23:21     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't you two figured out to post fotos yet?
Now that I am home for awhile I have let it all sink in. I am very grateful to have been a part of such a historical occasion for our peeps that it is bringing a tear to my glass eye! I hear the shows are still being broadcast on the net at the Smithsonian website.
I also play in a reggae band which will be in Seattle on saturday. Any of you in Seattle? I think the gig is at the Tacoma Dome? Some kind of a pow-wow or voter registration drive or something. As usual I am out of the loop and all I know is what time to be at the airport! It would be cool if I got to meet some fellow vodfans!
Hypersis, call your dad. Maybe he knows what's going on.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan