my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Is REAL Metal coming back?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is REAL Metal coming back?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 09, 2004 12:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LambofGod guy speaketh(I like what he's saying):

Nu-metal sucks, so that's why that's dying off," Blythe says. "And I think with the socio-political and economic climate of the States, which of course affects the rest of the world — even Canada — people are ready for angrier music. I think people are ready for something that's real, not, you know, 'I did it all for the Nookie.'"

Lamb Of God are easily the heaviest band to sign with a major lately, and Ashes of the Wake is the soundtrack to the war. It's probably the band's most brutal album, combining death and black metal with old school thrash and new school hardcore, making nu-metal sound like music for babies. Fuck Slipknot — the real freaks listen to Lamb Of God.

"We were in Arizona a few shows ago," Blythe recalls. "We're playing and there's this guy with his arm around Mark and he's jumping up and down and Mark is trying to play, looking very pissed off. So I'm like, 'I gotta get this kid off of him before Mark smashes him with his guitar and we get a lawsuit.' So I go charging across the stage and as I get closer to the kid I realized he only has one leg and he's hopping up and down on his foot. Not only that, his colostomy bag is hanging down, flopping all on the stage. So I immediately stepped on the brakes, trying not to tackle him and not to step on the colostomy bag at the same time because it would have been fucking disgusting."

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 09, 2004 13:07     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(INSERT COLOSTOMY JOKES HERE)

Anyway, here's what the guy at Indieville thinks about that:

Heavy Metal Revival!
With garage rock now freshly plucked from its semi-obscurity, it's obvious that our indecisive little mainstreamers like to groove to the music of past generations. So wouldn't it just be natural progression to go from garage to heavy metal? The answer is yes; don't ever think that I'm wrong. Can you not imagine a whole generation of kids banging their heads to modern metal outfits like Fucking Champs? And can you not imagine Warner Brothers trying to convince the band to change their name to the Fugging Champs? Yes, admit it, you can.
Odds: 2 to 1

READ IT HERE

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 09, 2004 17:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah fuck slipknot.

In Holland we call them snotlip.
Angelrat will know what that means !!!

And you might know too i guess...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 09, 2004 17:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
[QB]probably the band's most brutal album,

Didn't they call As the Palaces Burn, the most brutal album of whatever year it came out? I dig Lamb of God and took photos of them at the autograph tent during Ozzfest...yes, I stood in line. I have a thing for twins in metal(remember the twin dudes in the haunted?). Whatever that means, colostomy bag!

Lamb of God is also doing a tour with Fear Factory most of October.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 09, 2004 18:26     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
yeah fuck slipknot.

In Holland we call them snotlip.
Angelrat will know what that means !!!

And you might know too i guess...

At least a snotlip feels smooth...urgh!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan