my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SIX FEET UNDER Cover AC/DC's 'Back In Black' In Its Entirety

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SIX FEET UNDER Cover AC/DC's 'Back In Black' In Its Entirety
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 02, 2004 12:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Before you ask, no, it doesn't belong in the Death Metal portion of the Forum. It's more likely to be another "stupid link of the day", actually. I mean, Metal Blade should REALLY hire a marketing company to help them out.

quote:
SIX FEET UNDER Cover AC/DC's 'Back In Black' In Its Entirety - Sep. 2, 2004

Florida-based death metallers SIX FEET UNDER have covered AC/DC's entire "Back In Black" album for their forthcoming release, "Graveyard Classics II".

"Graveyard Classics II", due on October 19 through Metal Blade Records (one day earlier internationally), was recorded at Morrisound Recording in Tampa, Florida with Chris Carroll mixing and Chris Barnes producing. The complete track listing for the effort is as follows:

01. Hells Bells
02. Shoot to Thrill
03. What Do You Do For Money Honey
04. Givin the Dog a Bone
05. Let Me Put My Love Into You
06. Back in Black
07. You Shook Me All Night Long
08. Have A Drink On Me
09. Shake A Leg
10. Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution (mp3)

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 02, 2004 12:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHA!! Isn't that going a LITTLE overboard and being a little too selective?

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 02, 2004 13:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which reminds me of that band, Pussy Galore, who recorded the Stones "Exile on Main Street" in its entirety. But they did it in their own weird way...

Pussy Galore's Exile on Main Street

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 02, 2004 14:05     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some of these death metal band's cover songs are hilarious. Cannibal's cover of No Remorse was identical to the original except now it has cookie monster vocals.

Obituary's "Circle of the Tyrants", now that's a great cover!

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 02, 2004 16:15     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Which reminds me of that band, Pussy Galore, who recorded the Stones "Exile on Main Street" in its entirety. But they did it in their own weird way...

And this reminds me of that band, Laibach, who recorded The Beatles "Let It Be" in its entirety. And they also did it in their own weird way...

Laibach's Let It Be

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 02, 2004 16:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
And this reminds me of that band, Laibach, who recorded The Beatles "Let It Be" in its entirety. And they also did it in their own weird way...

Now THAT's a great album. The only song they did not record was the one I was most curious to listen to, "Let it Be". But the album is worthy anyway.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 02, 2004 16:42     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, now you people are mocking me.
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted September 02, 2004 20:53     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah man...
I heard this today!
Very funny to me...
C'mon Chris, Don't do this to AC/DC like that dude. I'm a big Phil Rudd fan myself.
....The entire album??????

Oh My....

-St. Mike

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted September 02, 2004 22:09     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
[QB]And this reminds me of that band, Laibach, who recorded The Beatles "Let It Be" in its entirety. And they also did it in their own weird way...[QB]

Indeed, Laibach do really unique and very original cover. I love'em, especially their 1987's Opus Dei LP.
They also did a great cover on that album "Life Is Life" by Opus.
Also, let not forget the 7 differents version of "Sympathy For The Devil" on the 1988 EP of the same name!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 02, 2004 22:42     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
SIX FEET UNDER Cover AC/DC's 'Back In Black' In Its Entirety - Sep. 2, 2004

I think those covers are gonna sound really retarded.

quote:
Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution (mp3)

This cover sounds really retarded.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 03, 2004 06:29     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Va¢ärmeS:

Also, let not forget the 7 differents version of "Sympathy For The Devil" on the 1988 EP of the same name!

Right, brilliant EP (it's even 8 versions). And let's name the "Jesus Christ Superstars" album from Laibach too, it has so nice cover versions (The Cross, JCS) and it's so very Metal!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 03, 2004 07:21     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Laibach rules!

Six Feet Under combines all the elements I dislike in death metal and I think they're utterly boring (just my opinion). So SFU covering a complete AC/DC album was about the last thing I was waiting for (along with Yanni covering entire 'St. Anger').

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 03, 2004 11:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ugh!! That AC/DC cover sucked ass. I don't understand how SFU continues to thrive and record and tour, they really are lame. And they'll play here again for the love of gawd.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan