my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SCHROEDER'S FIRST TATTOO!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SCHROEDER'S FIRST TATTOO!!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 01, 2004 23:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

AUGUST 31 2004
INDEPENDENT TATTOO
Fenwick Island Delaware
inked by Tres Denk
1 & 1/2 hours of tattooing
King Crimson 'Discipline Knot'

Why? combines my love of music and art into a design I can die with. No name or mascot that I would regret latter. I think this came out GREAT and a possible add on would be to combine it with the Larks Tongues In Aspic art where the knot would replace the sun face and the sun's rays would wrap around my arm!!!!
The design would look something like this:

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 02, 2004 01:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool sir!

Check the Blackest of the Black tour yet????

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 02, 2004 02:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh where is the sun??

It didn't hurt did it??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 02, 2004 08:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Uh where is the sun??

It didn't hurt did it??

No it didn't hurt. My arm felt a bit numb after a while, kinda like when it 'falls asleep'. Like a 'pins and needle' feeling down to my hand.... but no big deal really.

The second image is what I may have done in the future. Or I'll design something on my own to go around it.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 02, 2004 08:20     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awsome man, very celtic looking.
that ink gets addictive, im heading back to the shop very soon, i missed my last 2 appointments.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 02, 2004 08:26     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool! I always loved that Discipline pattern, it's truly a good tatoo idea! Congrats!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 02, 2004 08:47     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This looks killer! I always liked this Discipline design.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 02, 2004 10:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it me, or are you flexing some muscle there, shroeder?
Why didn't you have the photo include the rest of your naked chest?

Tres cool tattoo, by the way!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 02, 2004 13:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks STELLAR!!!!!!!!

--------------------

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 02, 2004 14:55     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It looks OK, but not great. Personally, I would have went with the Death & Taxe$ celtic design on their Alaska 12 Expeditions CD. But that's just me!

Ahhhh, you know I'm just teasin' you Schroed. The tattoo looks awesome!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 02, 2004 15:59     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second everyone here, great choice of yours + masterful work.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 03, 2004 00:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Is it me, or are you flexing some muscle there, shroeder?
Why didn't you have the photo include the rest of your naked chest?

Tres cool tattoo, by the way!

No flexing , just cropped it so you could see the tat and the placement on the shoulder. I took the picture in a mirror, an old mirror which isn't perfectly reflective, but it came out OK. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I've always loved the Discipline Knot but now I'm thinking of drawing something original for the next tat... maybe a psychedelic swirl going around it. I'll let this one heal before going back for round 2.

If you didn't click on the link for INDEPENDENT TATTOO in the first post, you should really check it out. Matt Amey, owner, has an amazing portfolio online that will knock you out.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 03, 2004 11:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matthew Amey is one talented brutha. I love his bit about being able to travel...and the photos in Italy. Sheesh, makes me feel like a loser. And the coast...ahhhhh. I could smell the ocean air.
I should change my name to Amey Matthew.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 03, 2004 12:57     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice work! Great choice too. I wasn't quite sure what the design you were talking about looked like, but now that I see it I remember.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 03, 2004 22:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've already ditched the idea of combining the Larks Tongues In Aspic design with the tattoo and I'm now thinking about creating my own psychedelic swirl to go around the knot design... we'll see.

It won't be until next year after I move and get settled, but I'll definitley get something else done. Maybe next time I'll have Matt Amey ink me up.

I can see why people get addicted to these... but I really need to make sure it's something I can look at till I die and not regret it.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan