my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The "stankees", I mean the Yankees lose bigtime.... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: The "stankees", I mean the Yankees lose bigtime....
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted October 13, 2004 12:26     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a sick way it's more fun to be a fan of the crappiest/ most unlucky bastards in sports. I would never switch from my sucky fave team NY Rangers, or when i was the only one of 120 000 wearing a Jean Alesi t-shirt at the Hungarian Grand Prix in 97.

Like watching a race hoping that Schumacher's gonna win, how exciting is that? The bastard wins in his sleep with the engine shut down anyway

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 13, 2004 13:19     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
You support the local team no matter how shite they are....unless you grew up somewhere else and grew up supporting a different team. In which case it's acceptable to support them or even have dual allegiances.

In the playoffs though, after your shite team (*cough*Mariners*cough*) is no longer playing, you can pick whoever the hell you want of the teams that actually made the playoffs.

Nicely put, MadMeg!!

How about that "should have been a comeback" game last night? (sorry to you true Sox fans) Quite exciting! Who the hell ever said baseball was boring?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 13, 2004 23:31     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It looks as though Pedro didn't pull through just as Curt didn't. I hate baseball.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 15, 2004 09:44     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schilling's left foot has a tendon that has popped through its sheathing and rubd against his ankle bone. He's likely out for the rest of the playoffs. And Pedro? He pitched a GREAT game. The Sox lost because they may run like Mays but they hit like shit! At least against Mussina and Lieber.
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 15, 2004 10:26     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any of you guys ever read the Sports Guy on ESPN.com?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 15, 2004 18:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Any of you guys ever read the Sports Guy on ESPN.com?

No. Until just now! That was a-fuckin-a laugh out loud hilarious! ...
"I've lost my will to live. I'm not kidding. I feel like putting on a wifebeater, eating Hamburger Helper and buying scratch cards for the rest of my life. I've had it. Find me a trailer."
OR, in response to a snippet of the Kerry/Bush debate:
"Good God. Can we have more options? I feel like Dave Wannstedt trying to decide between Feeley and Fiedler." HA HA!
That's good writing...sniff. I just, sniff, can't get enough.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 15, 2004 20:05     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I highly recommend the Sports Guy. He's a die-hard Bostonian (who will stick with his teams through thick and thin, h ), and he's funny as hell. Sometimes he'll do random columns, like the "Levels of Losing" or a minute by minute account of a WWE pay-per-view. He's got at least one column a week though, and usually more. If you're ever either bored or depressed, check out his archives and prepare to laugh until your stomach hurts.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 16, 2004 00:24     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who's your daddy? hahahahahhhha
That was the greatest chant ever! Yo Pete, wash your damn hair and the rest of you gorillas mix in some soap and a razor! Who the hell replaced the Blow Sox with a family of Bigfoots? You chowds suck!
Yay!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 16, 2004 08:58     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah? Well ARod has fucking LAVENDER LIPS! Take a look at him tonight. You'll see.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 17, 2004 03:15     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
Oh yeah? Well ARod has fucking LAVENDER LIPS! Take a look at him tonight. You'll see.

Yeah, and apparently he and his wife are swingers! Speaking of swingers...jeez what a pathetic night of pitching! 19-8???? damn!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 17, 2004 08:12     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's just a bummer. We put a really really good team on the field all season, had some surprisingly good pitching, strong hitting... and now this. It's an embarassment. It puts a huge black mark on what was a fun year. We just got finished sweeping Anaheim - what happened? To be fair, I can't take credit away from the Yanks. Their hitting and pitching (for the most part) is on fire, so that combined with a complete offensive/defensive shutdown for the Sox has lead to this.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 18, 2004 10:20     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IT AIN'T OVER........YET!!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 19, 2004 23:30     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope...it AIN'T over yet!!!

However, tonight's game is making me nervous!

Hopefully Boston will make Major League history!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 20, 2004 07:15     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YESSSSSSSSSS! Game 6 goes into the record books! Game 7 is tonight...
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 20, 2004 11:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed most of last night's game because of work obligations. I missed Schilling's bleeding ankle, or is it his shin!! Wahhhhh!

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 20, 2004 11:39     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
coffee is important these past three mornings

I feel like a friggin zombie...

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 20, 2004 13:49       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to see Boston take game seven just for the fact that A-Rod is a cheatin asshole.What was that shit he tried to pull.Talk about a poor sport.
Anyway Boston deserve this win.Yankees have won it enough.
I have been a Yankee for since 82,but i'm tired of the same team alway being in the world series.My wife is from Boston so were both fans of Boston for this one,but if Boston doesnt take game 7 then i'll be hoping for another Yankee world series win.

IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 20, 2004 13:57     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 20, 2004 14:01     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Today I have to be careful being a Sox fan, I don't want bottles and debris thrown at me.

I've visted the nyyfans.com forum today and can vouch for the fact that 99% of folks on that board hate the fans that do that stuff. Most of them think ARod is a prick for his antics as well!

You should be okay, but you may want to wear a Yankee hat just in case.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 21, 2004 00:19     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shithouse mouse!!!

Did I just see what I think I saw?

(did anybody catch Johnny Damon actually WALKING ON WATER?)

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 21, 2004 00:34     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a great comeback! Congrats you chowds, it's about freakin' time!
Hell, even I was cheering you on! And who the hell thawed out Clovis Man Damon?? "Ugh, me hit ball with club, ugh."
Yea mon, I love this game!
Off to Florida for a gig and hopefully some sun that will fry my memory of the past 7 games!

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 21, 2004 07:31     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greatest game in Sox history.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 21, 2004 11:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
And who the hell thawed out Clovis Man Damon?? "Ugh, me hit ball with club, ugh."

Ha ha! That's funny, slugbutt!
Does anyone else look at Bellhorn and think, hmmmm, he looks like a partier. I want to party with Bellhorn.
Congrats Red Sox Fans!!

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 22, 2004 09:41     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomsawyer:
and then there was quiet..........

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 22, 2004 10:23       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boston fan killed by police
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041022/ap_on_re_us/red_sox_fans&cid=519&ncid=716

IP: Logged

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan